View Poll Results: Poll now closed!

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • O rly?

    45 67.16%
  • Ya rly

    22 32.84%
Page 52 of 1051 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152552 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 21015

Thread: Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**Welcome to the Battle Coliseum!!**)

  1. #1021
    #38 Ramon Salazar Rick Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    You people are nitpicking and the discussion is getting more and more retarded. There is sufficient evidence that shows it's legit. The question is NOT whether it's legit or not, what we'd all want to know is what these people plan to do with this upgraded "40%" version. And the only thing we can do is wait.

  2. #1022
    #20 Hunter Beta VirusPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Raccoon City, California
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Well Carnivol, let's hear your input on why the backgrounds could be reproductions then. I've stated my facts on the matter (yes they're facts). How knowledgeable are you when it comes to 3D modeling? You're making assumptions that the backgrounds are fake without giving any solid reason as to why. Also don't think to play the "c2keo did it" card, as stated before his backgrounds are NOT 100% accurate, although very well done. The only reason c2keo should even be mentioned is because he seems to be the most knowledgeable when it comes to making reproductions. How many people on this community are even at the level of c2keo in the first place? Makes me laugh how some of you arrogant people claim how easy it is to do this and that when none of you have anything to show for it.

    And to the guy posting unfunny and worn out memes, please try harder. There's also a difference between stating facts and trying to start an argument.

  3. #1023
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    745

    Default

    C2Keo's BG's ? Haha , anyone compared the lobby ? Lol.
    Well guess i shall leak that anyway , or maybe not .. not worth it , while i know , those who believe those shots are fake , are blind , no need to force them to believe it ....

  4. #1024
    #45 Soldier Majini
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    In the Wild
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    From what I've seen here are my assumptions of what the team are trying to achieve based on evidence we can observe from the leaked photos. The ones with stars are assumptions which have no reference from pictures they've posted, but would certainly go along with the type of work they're doing.

    - Translate Japanese text
    - Finish unfinished textures
    - Replace placeholder artwork
    - Replace placeholder models
    - Link unlinked rooms*
    - Add unfinished barriers
    - Apply FG layer masks*
    - Unlock "alpha/beta" content (weapons*, enemies, scenes*, puzzles*, etc)
    Last edited by geluda; 08-03-2012 at 07:10 PM.

  5. #1025
    #21 Hunter Gamma SonicBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carnivol View Post
    Depending on what you qualify as 100%; Quite often, actually. Easiest method is tracing, made even easier and more accurate than ever thanks to computers and the many software and hardware configurations you may utilize for such tasks.

    Be it that you're working in animation, or just an arts student or a hobby designer. Personally, I used to provide a lot of animations and digital transfers of people's work (mostly for educational purposes) back in and around 2004. Accuracy was of utmost importance, especially whenever we did animations - as some of our clients would often want them to be entirely physics driven, rather than utilizing hand animation or keyframes.
    Well, I didn't meant to carboncopy them, I was just referring to a draw, then with a blank sheet, you will end draw a different thing, I bet if you give the same backgrounds to Capcom's 90s 3D modelers they will end up with a different one, just because you can't make it the same, but your point is right.

    Low poly character models are incredibly easy to reproduce. Especially when you not only have some pretty solid pictures of them from various angles and also video footage of them in motion. They have clear corners. They usually utilize very distinct and deliberate styles in terms of either quads or tris. They operate within a limited coordinate grids due to memory restrictions and target rendering resolution. All in all; Polygon data has the amazing advantage of being shockingly easy to accurately reproduce and scale if you're not a complete tool - easily comparable to vector data, just with depth added and less curves (nurbs on the other hand could be tricky as shit to accurately reproduce without insane amounts of moving light sources).
    In lowpoly PSX models you can easily spot the geometry and disassemble the various elements, in this case I can't talk about the character because I didn't analyze the characters pictures as I was concentrate on the backgrounds.

    As for the backgrounds; they require a bit of work, but the hugest benefit of it all is that you don't even need to put too much effort into the actual rendering, 'cause you can basically just use the reference material to colormatch/texture match stuff in post-processing. It's fairly simple and pretty much what you do when you take an entire day worth of shooting for a movie and make it all seem like it takes place within a timeframe of 10 minutes. However, mid-90s CG isn't exactly heavy on the organic shapes. Almost everything is straight out basic geometrical shapes.

    As for camera angels and perspective and such, anyone who's actually studied arts (perspective), basic geometry (maths) and/or 3D design can nail that shit down pretty quickly without as much as making that "Now I'm thinking hard" thing with their eyebrows. It's all parts of the very basics.
    In here came the problems, you are saying that the backgrounds are fake because you can easily reproduce them, I'm telling you that they are not that simple, so, they are legit.

    In theory all is possible, but when you try to this in a real situation you came out with big headaches. From the screenshots you can't really see all the objects, and also you can't know what that object is, if the picture is not clear or small, how can you manage to model something if you even know what you're actually doing? If you ever tried to model something, and I'm not talking about simple RE backgrounds, you know what I mean.

  6. #1026
    #03 Larva
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Hello,

    Quote Originally Posted by OKeijiDragon View Post
    There is something you should know and this goes for everybody -- don't get too excited. It's certainly not coming out right away. I have MOTHER 3 to do first, and that has taken me years to do. It takes long because I want it done right and with care.

    Also, I provided that screen specifically to reply to Biohazard 1995's post. There were no consistently good quality screens of the inventory menu. So I provided one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnivol View Post
    It's from the material OKeiji managed to secure for his work-in-progress documentary feature on the game. Should be legit, but wont lead to anything playable.
    seriously..., could you possibly elaborate from where or from what you did manage to "secure" this "material" ?

    Also: why do you unveil to people that you did "secure" such material and then apparently just show one picture of it while writing that nobody should get too excited, yet, just because you are struggling to get some "documentary" (or whatever) done within a reasonable amount of time ?

    Don't take this as an offence: but, seriously, after all those years, to read how someone is acting like this somehow is quite annoying...

    Can't you just show all the "material" you did "secure" (as "Carnivol" described it) in raw form NOW and then make your "documentary" (or whatever) afterwards ?

    Do you really have to insist on:

    Quote Originally Posted by OKeijiDragon View Post
    It takes long because I want it done right and with care.
    ?

    How would you feel if someone would tell you: "Have managed to obtain something new to show, could theoretically show it to you now, but instead you will have to wait a long time to see it, because i am so fond of the idea to only show it within a "documentary" for the first time."?

    Wouldn't you be annoyed as well ;)?
    Last edited by please_REboot; 08-03-2012 at 08:52 PM.

  7. #1027
    #21 Hunter Gamma
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    !
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by please_REboot View Post
    seriously..., could you possibly elaborate from where or from what you did manage to "secure" this "material" ?
    It doesn't matter where and how I got this footage. In any case, I won't unveil my sources or my method of obtaining that footage. Period.

    Quote Originally Posted by please_REboot View Post
    Also: why do you unveil to people that you did "secure" such material and then apparently just show one picture of it while writing that nobody should get too excited, yet, just because you are struggling to get some "documentary" (or whatever) done within a reasonable amount of time ?
    First point - the phrase I bolded. You... haven't been here long enough to know I've unveiled several images that I produced (produced, as in screen-capping selected stills from my footage). You may want to read all of this topic about my "eye-catcher" as it broke. Oh, and this and that too for the record.

    Point Two. I said not to get too excited about it because I'm focusing all my efforts to get another game documentary done, and its the one I started and want to finish first. This is a one-man project. It takes a long time to get the material and information I want to include. During my time spent on Episode 1 (Mother 3) and Episode 2 (RE2), I have separately conducted interviews with people who worked on their respective games and arranging that took time too. These are just a few reasons but I don't feel like getting into more right now. But I take my time with my projects as I can and want to, and I'm not going to rush this particular 1.5 project just because a few are getting their feathers ruffled. You are just going to have to wait like everyone else.

    I like working on other stuff too you know, check out my YouTube backlog and Twitter account. I'm also in the middle of a magazine scanning project. These are just a few projects, I work on a lot of different things on & offline. I have a life outside of the PC too. =P

    Quote Originally Posted by please_REboot View Post
    Can't you just show all the "material" you did "secure" (as "Carnivol" described it) in raw form NOW and then make your "documentary" (or whatever) afterwards ?
    If I unveil all of what I have now, then there's nothing unique to look forward to in my documentary. It's as simple as that.

    I do have this though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6lDU3f8Ixw
    EDIT: OK, let's keep it real. This is old though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSDt9j-mZzQ

    Quote Originally Posted by please_REboot View Post
    How would you feel if someone would tell you: "Have managed to obtain something new to show, could theoretically show it to you now, but instead you will have to wait a long time to see it, because i am so fond of the idea to only show it within a "documentary" for the first time."?

    Wouldn't you be annoyed as well ;)?
    Maybe go to a corner crying and see a shrink?

    No. I just move on with life like everyone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by please_REboot View Post
    Don't take this as an offense: but, seriously, after all those years, to read how someone is acting like this somehow is quite annoying...
    I'm not here to make enemies. You could have seem much more antagonistic about this towards me, but you showed me some respect. Thanks very much for that.
    Last edited by OKeijiDragon; 08-03-2012 at 10:28 PM. Reason: EDIT: Just to be clear on things.
    If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

  8. #1028
    #08 Spider Morellus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Valparaíso , Chile
    Posts
    80

    Default

    I was looking at the frist pages of this thread , and i read something about a facebook page... the people working on this is actually posting their progress in a facebook page?
    Last edited by Morellus; 08-04-2012 at 01:21 AM.

  9. #1029
    #31 Birkin Type 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brazil, RN
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morellus View Post
    I was looking at the frist pages of this thread , and i read something about a facebook page... the people working on this is actually posting their progress in a facebook page?
    That's what it seems.

  10. #1030
    #45 Soldier Majini
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    In the Wild
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morellus View Post
    I was looking at the frist pages of this thread , and i read something about a facebook page... the people working on this is actually posting their progress in a facebook page?
    That is the case.

  11. #1031
    #08 Spider Morellus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Valparaíso , Chile
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Can u send it to me? VIA PM or something?

  12. #1032
    #45 Soldier Majini
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    In the Wild
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    Just keep an eye on this thread, any new info will be posted here.

  13. #1033
    #08 Spider Morellus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Valparaíso , Chile
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Im not going to send death threats or something like that... i just want to see the official info.

  14. #1034
    #31 Birkin Type 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brazil, RN
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morellus View Post
    Im not going to send death threats or something like that... i just want to see the official info.
    It's gone. They announced it for a time, but then deleted it.

  15. #1035
    THIA Staff

    Carnivol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Confirmed
    Posts
    4,843

    Default

    As for more info? I dunno... follow the pictures, maybe? Someone did recently post some more pics, so ...

    Quote Originally Posted by VirusPunk View Post
    Well Carnivol, let's hear your input on why the backgrounds could be reproductions then. I've stated my facts on the matter (yes they're facts). How knowledgeable are you when it comes to 3D modeling? You're making assumptions that the backgrounds are fake without giving any solid reason as to why. Also don't think to play the "c2keo did it" card, as stated before his backgrounds are NOT 100% accurate, although very well done. The only reason c2keo should even be mentioned is because he seems to be the most knowledgeable when it comes to making reproductions. How many people on this community are even at the level of c2keo in the first place? Makes me laugh how some of you arrogant people claim how easy it is to do this and that when none of you have anything to show for it.
    See, there's the problem with this entire thing; almost everyone who likes to consider themself a "talent" in the RE community (yourself included) are so darned narrowsighted. It's all "RE THIS" and "RE THAT." Always comparing things to RE and whatever the RE community has already produced or who's already in the RE community and all that is considered absolute and definitive. Well; news-flash; The technical talent of the RE community is pretty darned shitty and limited. While there are a few offshoots here and there, the fact remains that pretty much the majority of what I see in the RE community is at best the equivalent of script-kiddies from ye olde IRC, but most of the time not even that and actually just about the same as the romhacking community's wheelchair Mario "talent"

    It may sound harsh, but it's pretty much the truth. Tell me what you firmly believe to be the most major technical achievement within the RE community, how it was achieved and a rough estimated timeframe for start to finish.

    Quote Originally Posted by geluda View Post
    From what I've seen here are my assumptions of what the team are trying to achieve based on evidence we can observe from the leaked photos. The ones with stars are assumptions which have no reference from pictures they've posted, but would certainly go along with the type of work they're doing.

    - Translate Japanese text
    - Finish unfinished textures
    - Replace placeholder artwork
    - Replace placeholder models
    - Link unlinked rooms*
    - Add unfinished barriers
    - Apply FG layer masks*
    - Unlock "alpha/beta" content (weapons*, enemies, scenes*, puzzles*, etc)
    That seems to be the gist of it all. Although, if I wanna be a tech nazi; I doubt 1.5 ever even entered beta and, to be honest, only the so called "80% build" seems to've been an actual alpha. Whatever curator had seems to've been pretty barebones and probably still pre-alpha (As was probably the case with the two BH1 sample builds too).

    Quote Originally Posted by SonicBlue View Post
    In here came the problems, you are saying that the backgrounds are fake because you can easily reproduce them, I'm telling you that they are not that simple, so, they are legit.

    In theory all is possible, but when you try to this in a real situation you came out with big headaches. From the screenshots you can't really see all the objects, and also you can't know what that object is, if the picture is not clear or small, how can you manage to model something if you even know what you're actually doing? If you ever tried to model something, and I'm not talking about simple RE backgrounds, you know what I mean.
    If you also have no picture that can say for sure what something is from, then the person reproducing it can also make whatever the heck he wants it to be, as long as it closely enough resembles whatever people will end up comparing it to. Simply because there is nothing else to compare it to and no one will be able to tell for sure whether or not what they're seeing is the real deal. If a seasoned modeller can't make out what it is from a blurry photo, what makes you think someone else somehow mysteriously knows what it's supposed to look like when it's not blurry?

    Either way, I think you guys are all gullible. I don't think I've once said that these ARE fake. All I've said is that people are pretty darned quick on the trigger when it comes to saying these things are legit (as always has been the case with fakes in the past the past too. "Fool me once, shame on you / Fool me twice, shame on me"). And fact remains; it isn't as hard to reproduce authentic material as people seem to think it is. People shouldn't mistake their own inability to do something with the actual limitations of a medium or format.

  16. #1036
    #18 Hunter B.Zork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by please_REboot View Post
    How would you feel if someone would tell you: "Have managed to obtain something new to show, could theoretically show it to you now, but instead you will have to wait a long time to see it, because i am so fond of the idea to only show it within a "documentary" for the first time."?

    Wouldn't you be annoyed as well ;)?
    no. is to guarantee a new excite! promise is good and new exposure, so be excite and happy for new big audience!

    Quote Originally Posted by Morellus View Post
    Can u send it to me? VIA PM or something?
    no.


    Quote Originally Posted by geluda View Post
    Just keep an eye on this thread, any new info will be posted here.
    maybe \(~A~)7

  17. #1037
    #23 Prototype Tyrant
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    492

    Default

    It's great you all have faith still.... but there hasn't been an update for how long? should we really keep the hope alive still?

  18. #1038
    #18 Hunter B.Zork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drunkdog View Post
    It's great you all have faith still.... but there hasn't been an update for how long? should we really keep the hope alive still?
    but i post of the update an moment ago... was it the fake?

  19. #1039
    #03 Larva
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OKeijiDragon View Post
    It doesn't matter where and how I got this footage. In any case, I won't unveil my sources or my method of obtaining that footage. Period.
    It would probably be interesting though .

    Quote Originally Posted by OKeijiDragon View Post
    First point - the phrase I bolded. You... haven't been here long enough to know I've unveiled several images that I produced (produced, as in screen-capping selected stills from my footage). You may want to read all of this topic about my "eye-catcher" as it broke. Oh, and this and that too for the record.
    Okay, thanks for that hint. So apparently you actually did show more than just one picture.

    Quote Originally Posted by OKeijiDragon View Post
    Point Two. I said not to get too excited about it because I'm focusing all my efforts to get another game documentary done, and its the one I started and want to finish first. This is a one-man project. It takes a long time to get the material and information I want to include. During my time spent on Episode 1 (Mother 3) and Episode 2 (RE2), I have separately conducted interviews with people who worked on their respective games and arranging that took time too. These are just a few reasons but I don't feel like getting into more right now. But I take my time with my projects as I can and want to, and I'm not going to rush this particular 1.5 project just because a few are getting their feathers ruffled. You are just going to have to wait like everyone else.
    Well, please realize, that you mentioned the term "years" in your initial post when talking about waiting:

    Quote Originally Posted by OKeijiDragon View Post
    It's certainly not coming out right away. I have MOTHER 3 to do first, and that has taken me years to do.


    So, you really can not understand how some people get annoyed if you tell them they probably will have to wait "years" to see it ?

    Quote Originally Posted by OKeijiDragon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by please_REboot View Post
    Can't you just show all the "material" you did "secure" (as "Carnivol" described it) in raw form NOW and then make your "documentary" (or whatever) afterwards ?
    If I unveil all of what I have now, then there's nothing unique to look forward to in my documentary. It's as simple as that.
    Well, that depends, doesn't it?

    Could you possibly elaborate why exactly someone should look forward or care about your "documentary" other than the "material" you want to show within it?

    What exactly makes your "documentary" a "documentary"? What's in there apart from that "material"?

    You just wrote, that if you would show all the "material" you were able to "secure" now, then there wouldn't be anything unique to look forward to in your documentary...

    But then why are you making a "documentary" of it in the first place instead of just showing all that "material" as is now, without letting people wait ? That somehow does not appear to make much sense ?

    Why should anyone care about that "documentary" then? And why should anyone be okay with having to wait to see that "material", just because you insist to show it in a "documentary" for the first time only, even though you admit that there actually is nothing "unique" in that "documentary" other than that "material" itself ?

    It would be appreciated if you could elaborate on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by OKeijiDragon View Post
    You could have seem much more antagonistic about this towards me, but you showed me some respect. Thanks very much for that.
    Just curious: is there any irony in that sentence?
    Last edited by please_REboot; 08-04-2012 at 09:28 AM.

  20. #1040
    #02 Bat
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    25

    Default

    ^^ You guys are ruining this thread with your bickering.


    Quote Originally Posted by B.Zork View Post
    but i post of the update an moment ago... was it the fake?
    @B.Zork - Have you any more pictures?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 40 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 40 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •