Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for the off topic but...

Hey Zombie_X you mentioned BH2 Sourcenext, i have a question, do you remember the cheatcode for unlimited ammo? i got it but i dont know what button is "R" btw im using a generic usb joystick

Comment

• I don't remember. I believe it's E on the keyboard. What ever you use to aim the weapon will be it I believe. I use a XBOX 360 pad to play the game.
      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Damn is a pain in the ass to figure out what is the proper buttom for this code, thanks anyway.
        I'll keep trying.

Comment

• Looking back it seems they've built a fair few rooms in the RPD, the ones I remember are:

1F East Corridor
          Elevator
          Basement Stairwell
          B1 Corridor (lights on)
          B1 Corridor (lights off)
          B2 Corridor Kennels
          Boiler Room
          Interrogation Room*

That's a fair few rooms to start off with, when you think what they have left to do in the RPD it's not very much, the 2F and 3F corridors, as well as whatever few other rooms like the radio room and medical room that might be incomplete or missing, and the RPD is pretty much done. Does anyone know if the outside roof passage of the RPD is there in the PSM era?

A side note about the interrogation and observation room, are these two rooms located on the 1F in the back office? There's two rooms right next to each other which I assume that's what they are. Are they really not completed in the PSM era? I mean the rooms are right there it would be strange to leave them unfinished in that location unless they were a brand new addition to the new backgrounds they recently introduced to this room, *I'm sceptical if that background is even one of teams, it could be legit (and I still swear by the claim that I've seen the observation room in a magazine scan).

It all depends on how fast they can get renders completed, which I imagine is very time consuming, although when you think about how much stuff they have to do with Trial Edition backgrounds I'm sure there's plenty of work for them to do. I'd be curious to know what their priority is, getting the RPD done first or just doing it as it comes, as quite possibly they've finished some later sections of the game as well from the Trial Edtion.
          Last edited by Guest; 02-09-2013, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
            Clearly the save function is there in the PSM era builds, I'm curious if any objects actually exist in the original beta that allow you to save the game or whether they just found the flag that sends you to the save screen. My instincts are telling me the latter but you never know.

After seeing the B1 map from their build, it's funny to realise that we've been trying to reconstruct map layouts from eras which actually are quite different in design. I wonder if this is the same sort of issue the team might come across while trying to finish the game. Do you stay true to the PSM build? Or do you try and change it to make it more like the final build? Seeing that Capcom actually completed a map layout before they finished rendering the area makes me wonder just how different the game was at this stage of development. It actually seems more like a surgery for the team to reconstruct the RPD from all the different material they have, especially considering they might have to consider scrapping Capcom renders at some point for a custom one that better fits their design.

What is the room on the bottom left of the B1 map? If you follow the stairwell down it just leads into this big room. :/ Morgue? The way the placed the B1 stairwell on the map is just off. Interestingly though by the fact that the team chose to finish this render makes me assume this is the map they're using. Edit: Then again I'm using fan maps as a reference... It will be interesting to learn how much else is different to what we think we know.
            I'm not familiar with game design, but it seems logical to include the save point rooms near the end of the development. The game developing team focus on creating the design, atmosphere and progression of a certain area, at first. Burning time on certain save points rooms should be secondary, since they always represent the same thing to the player: safety. They can be delayed and, leaving them unattended could be useful, if it's necessary to include keys or ammo that might not fit elsewhere. The PSM build is the most experimental build. Battle damage, gun animations, storage box. By then, they should have tested the save feature. My best guess would be a room with an up close shot of the intended save system with a flag.

It should be interesting to see how the team will build the unfinished portions that existed on the final build. What you brought up is a good representation of the changes that occur during development. It is belief that map is a left over of era 3 build since it should not represent what would have looked like in era 4 build. Note that there is no footage of the B2F hallway, morgue, or jail in era 3 build. Perhaps during this time period the development team did not intend to have two floors in the basement of the RPD, yet. That empty room seen in that map could be anything that would latter be included in the era 4 build. More situations such as this might be present in the transition of PSM build to final build. Fortunately, the team will have the Trial Disc backgrounds to aid them in the factory and laboratory sections. I can only imagine how much left over information might exist in the BH2 beta 1 from BH1.5 that could solve many of the team's challenges.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
            BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• They also have the third floor stairwell.

If it was me doing the work, I would get all the rooms done first. This includes linking them up, adding sound effects, music, and door animations. I would do item placement next, then I'd probably do enemy placement, then create missing enemies along with their AI. Then create the missing characters as well as tweaking their skeleton. Bug fixes would be at the bottom of my list though. So would even scripting.
              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• figuring out which rooms are the save rooms are gonna be tricky. They need creative freedom from us and I myself give it to them.
                Last edited by Darkness; 02-09-2013, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• Maybe there aren't designated save rooms at all. Perhaps you have to clear a room of Zombies to make it "safe", then the save feature get enabled.

It probably take them 1 week per room, so we are looking at the inclusion of possibly 19 new rooms by now. Since some areas have no power, adding the lit up versions would be a snap. Change some lighting, re-render, and there we go. Who knows how long it take to do this. The rooms aren't terribly complex to render, but skinning them might take a while.
                  Last edited by Zombie_X; 02-09-2013, 10:53 PM.
                  My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• i am still amazed by this project, it's something that it's truly extraordinary... creating a complete game out of an early build using all the various informations available and the screenshots from the inflames build (which was another extraordinary event).

Comment

• I'm really hoping a new video gets released tomorrow. It's been a long wait..
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
                        I'm not familiar with game design, but it seems logical to include the save point rooms near the end of the development. The game developing team focus on creating the design, atmosphere and progression of a certain area, at first. Burning time on certain save points rooms should be secondary, since they always represent the same thing to the player: safety. They can be delayed and, leaving them unattended could be useful, if it's necessary to include keys or ammo that might not fit elsewhere. The PSM build is the most experimental build. Battle damage, gun animations, storage box. By then, they should have tested the save feature. My best guess would be a room with an up close shot of the intended save system with a flag.

It should be interesting to see how the team will build the unfinished portions that existed on the final build. What you brought up is a good representation of the changes that occur during development. It is belief that map is a left over of era 3 build since it should not represent what would have looked like in era 4 build. Note that there is no footage of the B2F hallway, morgue, or jail in era 3 build. Perhaps during this time period the development team did not intend to have two floors in the basement of the RPD, yet. That empty room seen in that map could be anything that would latter be included in the era 4 build. More situations such as this might be present in the transition of PSM build to final build. Fortunately, the team will have the Trial Disc backgrounds to aid them in the factory and laboratory sections. I can only imagine how much left over information might exist in the BH2 beta 1 from BH1.5 that could solve many of the team's challenges.
                        One thing that suggests the B1 map is relevant to era 4 is the fact that the team completed renders for the corridor. We can tell that the door to the stairwell is in the same location and that the shape of the corridor is the same on that corner where the armoury and firing range are located. The only other explination is that the unfinished B1 render is a leftover from era 3, which actually I find even more interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                          Maybe there aren't designated save rooms at all. Perhaps you have to clear a room of Zombies to make it "safe", then the save feature get enabled.

It probably take them 1 week per room, so we are looking at the inclusion of possibly 19 new rooms by now. Since some areas have no power, adding the lit up versions would be a snap. Change some lighting, re-render, and there we go. Who knows how long it take to do this. The rooms aren't terribly complex to render, but skinning them might take a while.
                          It's probably not as easy as that. Notice that there are fundamental changes in many of the rooms upon entering for the second time (the lobby, with zombies breaking in, or the door leading to the parking with escaped dogs and blood everywhere). My guess is that, upon restoring power, many of the once dark rooms and areas will have changed quite a bit, with new items and enemies that are not accessible.

Regarding the era 3 left overs, we've already learned that female zombies are on the disc. If the B1 map is a left over as well, it's interesting to think of what other left over goodies are on the disc. For example, will Leon's secret key outfit be his white jacket and jeans combo from the previous build? Questions, questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biohazard 1995 View Post
                            Firing Range (Earlier era + Final era)

Who's is this map? Looks about right to me. I notice the corridor actually goes on further up so yeah it seems they did already start to make this change. I guess the question is, did Capcom ever make a B1 render to go with that map? That's something I'll look forward to finding out.

Last edited by Guest; 02-09-2013, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                              It probably take them 1 week per room, so we are looking at the inclusion of possibly 19 new rooms by now.
                              I try to stay away of all the talk surrounding this project but this time, I just can't let this go. This is not an attack against Zombie_X, by the way. But I have seen a few comments going in the same direction and I would like to address them.

- the team work on this project on their own free time (so they work on it what, one hour per day? per week? per month?)
                              - we don't know how many people are involved in the team (20? 10? 5? 2?)

Capcom had 40 people working 24/7 on the development of RE1 (at the end) and it took them 2 years to complete the game. Maybe the same amount of people involved in RE1.5/RE2 and again, it took them 2 years.

I don't know if any of you guys, who keep saying "the team must have developed this amount and that amount of the game by now" have ever worked on a game by yourselves, or on a website by yourselves, but STOP comparing the work of a few volunteers with the work of people who are payed to do it. The motivation and involvement are quite different.

We know that the team started (at least) in July 2012 to work on this project and for the viewers, it may sounds like "they have spend 7 months on it, so they must have completed this amount of work". But how many hours of these 7 months have they spend on this project? 1 month? 1 week? a couple of days?

My point is just relax and enjoy the show, but stop comparing their progress with the one of professionals, because you will end up disappointed.
                              Last edited by imacwesker; 02-09-2013, 11:43 PM.
                              Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                                Looking back it seems they've built a fair few rooms in the RPD, the ones I remember are:

1F East Corridor
                                Elevator
                                Basement Stairwell
                                B1 Corridor (lights on)
                                B1 Corridor (lights off)
                                B2 Corridor Kennels
                                Boiler Room
                                Interrogation Room*
                                The Kennel is on B1.

Originally posted by geluda View Post
                                That's a fair few rooms to start off with, when you think what they have left to do in the RPD it's not very much, the 2F and 3F corridors, as well as whatever few other rooms like the radio room and medical room that might be incomplete or missing, and the RPD is pretty much done.
                                Based on what we've seen from the Team thus far, here is what's left to be done in the RPD:

- West Stairwell (1F-3F)
                                - Observation Room (1F)
                                - everything interior on 2F
                                - everything interior on 3F (except for the Chief's Office)

Of course, the Team may have simply chosen not to reveal the aforementioned areas yet.

Does anyone know if the outside roof passage of the RPD is there in the PSM era?
                                I believe that all of the outdoor areas were already completed by the time the PSM build was compiled.

A side note about the interrogation and observation room, are these two rooms located on the 1F in the back office? There's two rooms right next to each other which I assume that's what they are. Are they really not completed in the PSM era? I mean the rooms are right there it would be strange to leave them unfinished in that location unless they were a brand new addition to the new backgrounds they recently introduced to this room, *I'm sceptical if that background is even one of teams, it could be legit (and I still swear by the claim that I've seen the observation room in a magazine scan).
                                The Interrogation Room remained completely untextured in the final build; I doubt that the Observation Room was any further along in development at that point either. Indeed you'd think that these rooms would have been completed earlier, but then again, look at the mysterious absence of the plot-essential East Corridor.

One thing that suggests the B1 map is relevant to era 4 is the fact that the team completed renders for the corridor. We can tell that the door to the stairwell is in the same location and that the shape of the corridor is the same on that corner where the armoury and firing range are located. The only other explination is that the unfinished B1 render is a leftover from era 3, which actually I find even more interesting.
                                If you re-watch Advents 2 and 3, you’ll notice that both unfinished B1 Corridor renders reflect the Era 5 design, and not the Era 3 design found on the newly leaked map.

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                                They also have the third floor stairwell.
                                Unless you're implying that the Team plans to implement c2keo's version, then we've no idea whether they have even touched this room yet.

Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
                                I can only imagine how much left over information might exist in the BH2 beta 1 from BH1.5 that could solve many of the team's challenges.
                                I seriously doubt that anything from the BH1.5 RPD would have been found on BH2beta1, since the first area to be overwritten was the RPD. However, it may very well contain a ton of information about the BH1.5 Sewer chapter, as well as the remaining Factory backgrounds that were overwritten on the Trial disc (including the never-before-seen missing Factory room).

Comment

Working...
                                X