View Poll Results: Poll now closed!

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • O rly?

45 67.16%
  • Ya rly

22 32.84%
Page 8 of 1051 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718581085081008 ... LastLast

Thread: Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**Welcome to the Battle Coliseum!!**)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hunter View Post
    I don't see any difference. If you want to go in there, you have to rise the shutter. Only then can you probably see the truck in the background.

Maybe the difference between this version and the next builds (except the door added on one side, since from the interior it already exists) might be that from this point of view the shutter always seems closed. But it's just an assumption, maybe it does stay open in this build too.

edit: Just to make sure... it is indeed a shutter, right?
    It looks like a shutter to me, but thing is as the two photos to the right of the new shot, from the PSM video, and obviously as we know, are indeed two trucks.

But looking at the new screenshot, it doesn't seem that way. Either the truck is parked facing the gate, or, it's complete different in this build.

Quote Originally Posted by Upaluppa View Post
    Just why do I always miss out on the big events in this community?
    Well, it's nice to see this game alive and well after all, I just hope it won't go right back into hiding this time.

Regarding the poll attached to this thread, could someone fill me in on the details?
    Why did we "screw up" again?

Don't tell me that people have been sending death threats to the guy who shares the pictures again, this is getting old...

Is this already over, or is there still a chance that we might get to see more pics from this new source?
    I'm not asking for a public release of the game, but more footage would be a nice thing to have.
    No one sent death threats, it was jut speculation because one of the guys who showed the photos on the Facebook post got two messages and an unknown friend request which got him thinking.

It was NOT the guy apart of the team that's working on it, so it's not been jeopardized or anything. It's still in good standing as I've been told.

There has been a release date confirmed, but it's not known when that date exactly is. Assuming it's probably soon.

Resident 1.5 Expert

The truck is still there. The shutter in the background is the warehouse one. It's still an outside area, the metal roof only covers part of the warehouse truck yard.

Looks so deceiving though from that view, maybe it's cause it's late and half my mind isn't corresponding with the other.

Like to know how Leon enters that area though, seeing the door isn't there. A large door sequence perhaps?

As I said, the door is already there, check the pictures from the PSM showing the inside of the warehouse. The door on the exterior was added later (the white placeholder).
    Last edited by Rick Hunter; 06-17-2012 at 05:00 AM.

Yeah, makes sense.

Would love to see more shots eventually.

Resident 1.5 Expert

Nevermind, the trucks aren't rendered in the background and the alignment of the warehouse shutter is off. That's probably why the area is black and missing in the newer backgrounds from the trial disc as they were going to update it properly.

Yeah, I've just realized the same thing. From the interior of the warehouse there's just no place left for a shutter, since the trailer is very close to the portal.

Doesn't care for e-peen doriantoki's Avatar

Hopefully this is useful for people who are confused.

http://imageshack.us/f/9/howtoeatamonkey.png/

As for the trucks, call me crazy, but you can still, just barely, make out the backend of the truck in the screens from the older version. Maybe they decided to move them closer in the new version, and like Alzaire said, that's the reason the background suddenly became black? Who knows.

EDIT: On further inspection ... no you guys are right. If you look at the centre screenshot, you can see a red beam at the edge of the building, where the shutter ends. It's visible in the bottom screenshot too. But this would be an impossible angle with the trucks being in place. Definitely added at a later time. That must have been one empty area originally. I guess it goes without saying that the entrance (exit?) to the umbrella offices were moved farther down, too.
    Last edited by doriantoki; 06-17-2012 at 06:33 AM.

So it would be the shutter in the background? I thought it was another shutter, leading to the warehouse. That's really confusing. And we don't really know what the final version looks like. I wonder if the final build is more advanced than the backgrounds we have in the RE2 trial edition.

I am 100% positive that the shutter is the same one from the Warehouse. As far as I know, there is only one. The only difference between the two versions mixed together there, is that the trucks have moved, and the door was added at a later time.

I didn't mean to make it confusing Rick My apologies. That shutter doesn't seem to open/be operational. Check the left area outside the warehouse in the screenshot, there's a door. I am betting my good shoes that the player would use that door to enter the warehouse.

Here's another interesting tid-bit. It seems our police van was originally a semi truck! Check it out.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...pture1ezq.png/

Notice how the lights match the three seen in the distance in the other screenshots. It's starting to look very similar to how the RE2 scenario played out, with the truck crashing into Leon/Claire as they are driving around. Perhaps a similar incident occurs in 1.5, whether it involves the main characters or not, we already know that Claire crashes her bike through the front doors, maybe it involves the police van (undoubtedly from a newer version).
    Last edited by doriantoki; 06-17-2012 at 06:58 AM.

Resident 1.5 Expert

The RPD and Factory are not near each other. The burning van has nothing to do with this area. The Factory area has already been accurately mapped out.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Alzaire; 06-17-2012 at 07:05 AM.

Ah I see. So the RPD would be behind the building with the large shutter door somewhere then ... ? Past the grey area where the semi has crashed ... ? I mean, is it possible that area was changed (you can see the crashed Police Van) between versions, or if you continued along that route, you'd somehow end up at the RPD?

Either way, for the warehouse, it's the same shutter.

At least I had the office building in the right place.
    Last edited by doriantoki; 06-17-2012 at 07:13 AM.

Resident 1.5 Expert

The RPD is quite some distance away. You have to go through the sewer portion of the game to get to the Factory area.

That's true, but without the full map, how exactly do we know what "quite some distance away" means. Even passing through the sewers, it's possible that the player doesn't travel a huge distance above ground, do you know what I mean? Especially if they emerge somewhere on the street, to then travel by foot to the remaining areas.

Just think of how interconnected the guest house and lab were in Resident Evil 1. Even with a full street, Resident Evil 3 was heavily compacted, and you didn't travel a large distance on foot, and areas were conveniently close together. I doubt 1.5 strays from that format. Probably closer to the first game, either way. since the the layout of this cluster of areas reminds me of the guest houses from the first game, and they serve the same function, as an intermediary before the lab.
    Last edited by doriantoki; 06-17-2012 at 07:17 AM.

Resident 1.5 Expert

There's pretty much no street areas in 1.5. You enter the sewer in the RPD, traverse a bit through it and come out at the manhole at the factory gate. Spend a little time in the factory area then use the elevator in the warehouse to go down into the labs. The distance between the RPD and Factory isn't super huge, as you do walk the way through the sewers with no tram/cable car thing like in retail, but it's not right next to it or anything.

Yeah, that's what I was implying. Basically like the first game. So we're more or less in agreement then. Is it possible then that the Police Deparment is somewhere behind the warehouse area? Is that area still undocumented? I am not sure if the crashed truck, as seen in the early build, is still there in the final or later builds, but perhaps that area became the site of the crashed van as I illustrated? It's not a perfect fit though, but I can't image that area with the van being one empty space.

Although pardon my ignorance in thinking that those areas are conected. I need to brush up on my 1.5 knowledge to even stand a chance against the almighty Alzaire

But ... is this correct then? It seems that this is where this area ends, and either you can't enter through that door (since there's a manhole right there), or it's locked from the inside (and could STILL lead to the RPD, but you unlock when you get to the other side), or leads to an enclosed space.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...tamonkey2.png/
    Last edited by doriantoki; 06-17-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Resident 1.5 Expert

The crashed truck is completely different than the crashed van. The area with the crashed van isn't an empty area, it has a use in game from what I understand. The crashed truck area was always there.

The characters exit the sewer via the manhole you pointed out and then enter the truck yard area where the blue and red trailers are.

#43 Agitator Majini biohazard_star's Avatar

The route used in RE2 seems to follows the one used in 1.5 pretty closely, except for the factory area. There was no backtracking. Also, connecting the RPD with the Umbrella factory wouldn't really make sense, story-wise, since the reason they took to the sewers is to avoid having to cover ground on the zombie-infested streets.
    Last edited by biohazard_star; 06-17-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alzaire View Post
    There's pretty much no street areas in 1.5. You enter the sewer in the RPD, traverse a bit through it and come out at the manhole at the factory gate. Spend a little time in the factory area then use the elevator in the warehouse to go down into the labs. The distance between the RPD and Factory isn't super huge, as you do walk the way through the sewers with no tram/cable car thing like in retail, but it's not right next to it or anything.
    What about the left over BGs in RE2 Trial that show the un-complete street renders and the police station ?

Thread Information