Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
    trial edition track man
    Really? I've never heard it in any rips from there.
    Last edited by Accell; 07-03-2013, 12:25 AM.

Comment

• "RMandel, Can you put that videos of 1997 with disappearing zombies???"

Well, damnit ... looks like I was partially wrong. Going back through my browser history, it appears I got my trailers mixed up on that E3 1997 thing. The zombies don't disappear in it. Instead, they die in big blood pools - just like you'd expect with the 80% build. I can't find the link to the Factory footage I thought I saw. However, I AM right on the ones disappearing in the Sneak Peak video. Here's a YouTube link:

The zombie disappears from the floor at 00:37, right after Elza blasts him apart with the shotgun. You might want to get the Bioflames copy instead; you can see it better there. Either that, or turn up the brightness.

I could have sworn I saw a copy of that RE15 Factory trailer footage from E3 1997 that was a few seconds longer, with the zombie disappearing right after Leon shoots it the second time. That's where it cuts away in the common copies. *sigh, rubs eyes* Maybe my old eyes are playing tricks on me.

My current theory on that whole RE15 Factory thing and the E3 1997 trailer is that Capcom hadn't yet quite decided what to do about the Factory. At that point, they might have still been thinking about keeping it. That would explain why the footage appears.
      Last edited by RMandel; 07-03-2013, 03:44 AM.
      Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
      Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• An overview about E3 '97 found in Ultra Gameplayers magazine issue September 1997.

Was there a playable build at e3 97? all the footage I can find only shows capcom's raccoon city building with a cerberus stand and people dressed up as zombie male cops whilst a showreel repeats on the screens.

Rip d'un VHS de 1997, du magazine Consoles News. il s'agit d'un reportage sur l'E3 d'Atlanta, en 1997.D'autres vid?os de ce type sur ma cha?ne pour les amour...

IGN's MGS footage of this event was apparently stolen too.

I'm curuious to know where this footage
        Straight from Sony's archives, RE1.5 footage from E3 1997

really comes from because it doesn't seem to be from E3 more likely TGS instead.

The giant ps1 pad at NanaOn-Sha stand looked ace.
        Last edited by Mikhail; 07-03-2013, 05:24 AM.

Comment

• An overview about E3 '97 found in Ultra Gameplayers magazine issue September 1997.

YOU FOUND IT!!! Everyone ... watch the zombie disappear at 28:43. I could kiss you, Mikhail! Well ... in a Mediterranean manly sort of way. спасибо!

Soooooooo ... that E3 97 "Beta 1" trailer actually contains footage from THREE different builds of RE15/RE2: the 40% PVB of RE15, the "final" 80% build, and RE2 Beta 1. Interesting.

"Was there a playable build at E3 '97?" Well, yes and no. There wasn't on the floor - but there WAS one behind closed doors. All they showed on the floor was videotape of the so-called "Beta 1" video on a big screen, with the spliced RE2 Beta 1 and RE15 40%/80% build footage. Behind closed doors, however, Capcom USA showed their copy of the RE15 40% PVB to selected industry reporters - and would continue to do so throughout that year. Two of those were EGM's John Ricciardi and Mark McDonald. Alzaire tracked that info down many years ago and tried to get in touch with them for more info, but was unsuccessful.

john tv [John Ricciardi - ed] responded: "Mark (MacD, above) and I played Biohazard 1.5 several years back when visiting a friend of ours at Capcom who had access to 'the vault.' Definitely one of my most memorable experiences during the PS1 era, especially since we were really rabid Biohazard fans back then and pretty much nobody outside of Capcom had ever been given a chance to try it."
          [source - Legends Worlds Forums, 13 January 2005 posting]

The "Grant Bitman" video was actually made for TGS 1997 back in April. It was one of the looping videos that played in the background on the monitors surrounding the Biohazard 2 booth (see show pics). These surrounded the kiosk where the playable 80% build was set up for hands-on by show attendees. It was later forwarded to SCEA for the making of a couple of trailers, which is how a copy ended up in their U.S. archives.

NOTE - "PVB" = "plain vanilla build" (no Team stuff included)
          Last edited by RMandel; 07-03-2013, 06:27 AM.
          Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
          Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• I think you mean TGS '96, TGS '97 is just retail re2 with a few slight differences blue blood for female zombies and a different title screen shown in the biohazard theater room.
            video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
              Maybe, but I always thought they tossed most of the stuff from 1.5 out the window when they restarted. Beta 1 seems to run on the same engine as retail, at least from that video. Who knows what's on the disc though. Maybe it has lots of unused 1.5 assets. Maybe music, enemy models, ect.
              Bio1, Bio2 and Bio3 all run on the same engine... more or less.

The main differences are simplified and improved data-structures, and of course, the obvious additions (quick-dodge, etc).

Concerning the assets, I read elsewhere that they only compiled 1 build a week (or month?) back in 'those days', though I seriously doubt many of them were distributed. Just about every beta/prototype you've ever played has come from magazine/promo outlets (minus the few "I found an old dev treasure box!" exceptions).

That said, it's anyone's guess as to what's on that disc, if it even exists. I suspect that only video footage of beta1 was sent out. I'd love to be proved wrong.

Originally posted by Accell View Post
              I've been trying to compile all known 1.5 music tracks and I'm having a hard time locating a specific theme used for the 3rd floor corridor, this one to be exact:
              *music*
              It doesn't seem to be present in MarkGrass' PSF rip. Does anyone know where it can be found?
              It's in there (MAIN02.PSF), but the music track is distorted by sound effects (flowing water/sewer?) that are included in the same soundback and tracker.

I'll get around to adjusting the psf driver for proper playback of those track types... someday.
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

trial edition track man
                This track appears on the RE2 demo that came with RE1DC as well.

Comment

• Finally, we can see this footage completly!!! Thanks for the link Mikhail!!!

Interesting to see more unseen (for me) BH2 Beta V1 content!!! I really love the diferents animations for the zombies and the characters!!!

Comment

• Capcom really did fuck this game up. Even after modifying 1.5 to re 2, the early stage re 2 looked a damn sight better than the final retail! They had the factory in, which would of made the game longer, more areas of the lab including where a moth attacks you, the lab would still of caught fire for the as of yet unknown reasons, and yet.. yet all this was removed and dumbed down in to a final linear far too short product! I really do feel short changed now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ohmycod View Post
                      Capcom really did fuck this game up. Even after modifying 1.5 to re 2, the early stage re 2 looked a damn sight better than the final retail! They had the factory in, which would of made the game longer, more areas of the lab including where a moth attacks you, the lab would still of caught fire for the as of yet unknown reasons, and yet.. yet all this was removed and dumbed down in to a final linear far too short product! I really do feel short changed now.
                      These are all horrendous speculations. We don't know how long or short 1.5 is/would've been. There are indications, actually, that 1.5 would've been shorter than retail 2. The giant moth makes an appearance in retail, in a way that makes more sense, and to be honest, it was kind of a lame enemy to begin with, so I am glad they didn't utilize it further in other areas.
                      Last edited by doriantoki; 07-03-2013, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUxmjom743Q&t=1m48s

Was there a playable build at e3 97? all the footage I can find only shows capcom's raccoon city building with a cerberus stand and people dressed up as zombie male cops whilst a showreel repeats on the screens.

Rip d'un VHS de 1997, du magazine Consoles News. il s'agit d'un reportage sur l'E3 d'Atlanta, en 1997.D'autres vid?os de ce type sur ma cha?ne pour les amour...

IGN's MGS footage of this event was apparently stolen too.

I'm curuious to know where this footage
                        Straight from Sony's archives, RE1.5 footage from E3 1997

really comes from because it doesn't seem to be from E3 more likely TGS instead.

The giant ps1 pad at NanaOn-Sha stand looked ace.
                        Excellent find!! Thank for posting!

Comment

• It's not speculation it's an opinion, and after seeing what could of been I do feel short changed. Re 2 after being rewritten was clearly rushed to completion, to the point of them even re using and altering the obvious mansion design. That isn't innovative that's lazy development.

I am not one of these people that thinks 1.5 is perfect because it isn't,
                          but I do speculate that had they used more of it I think it would of been a better game and experience.
                          Last edited by Ohmycod; 07-03-2013, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• I think people's really got 1.5 on a pedestal, especially if they at the same time regard 2 as some sort of "worst shit ever" type of game.
                            From what we know about 1.5 at this point, it's pretty safe to say that had the game shipped at its scheduled time, it'd been a content starved, feature lacking, short and rushed "cash in" of a sequel, where as RE2 is a strangely polished, content heavy, and amazing sequel - which improved on its prequel in almost every aspect, except from the near lack of variables in the narrative structure (although it does substitute this with the A/B structure and the unlockables)

Comment

• That video's music, a new 1.5 track methinks, from the 80% build. Too bad we'll never get any more
                              Last edited by Darkness; 07-03-2013, 10:37 AM.

Comment

That video's music, a new 1.5 track methinks, from the 80% build. Too bad we'll never get any more
                                It might actually not be, listen to the way that the track doesn't fade out but rather ends. I think it was just made specially for the trailer. It also sounds more like something out of dino crisis.

Comment

Working...
                                X