Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no idea how to program anything on it, I just got it because it was kinda a cool novelty item. I probably paid a little too much for it.

I honestly don't have any interest in lending it out though, the thing cost too much. Now I did shoot IGAS an e-mail about it sometime back but they never got back to me. I wasn't looking to lend it too them, but I have some development software for the PS1 on hand (most on floppy discs) and wanted to know if they may need it. One disc has tools for programming memory card read and write functions. That was what I was going to lend them, but they seemed to have figured it out on their own.

The other floppy disc is something like a virtual CD program I believe. I don't know where it's at currently though. I'd upload the software inside it if I could find it. Wait would that be illegal?

I also have a big programming book for the PS1 that came with the DEV kit. I have no idea where it is at the moment, but the thing was 500 or so pages and explained the language of the system and gave script samples. It was an interesting read.
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• I understand.

...and no, you don't want to upload any software here. I'm sure most of it is publicly available, anyway. Just wondering though, I assume you have the PSY-Q SDK? Could you verify which version it is?

That programming manual would likely be an interesting read, given it's not the same info in the PDF manuals in the SDK.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• I figured I wouldn't be able to upload it since it's copyrighted. Still pretty interesting stuff. I don't remember the name/type of SDK it is, but used to belong to Acclaim before they went bankrupt. I'll do some digging for you.

Now about 1.5, it be hilarious if some collector had an old CAPCOM DEV system and found the 80% build floating on it. "Guys I found 80% build here you goez!". Oh I can dream...

Darkness, I don't think the lights in some areas would come back on, though it be interesting if the team did something with that. Perhaps the lights do come back on in an arranged mode, if they choose to make one that is.
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
          On subject, I'm with Renard - initial launch console, regular controller and fat 32 inch CRT television.
          I have an old CRT somewhere in my garage. I'm tempted to go look for it now.

Comment

• Wait if this is a Retail Release like everyones saying are we gonna be able to put it on a disc and play on PS1/PS2 consoles? if so how can u do that without having a modded system?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
              Now about 1.5, it be hilarious if some collector had an old CAPCOM DEV system and found the 80% build floating on it. "Guys I found 80% build here you goez!". Oh I can dream...
              Something like that actually happened with a resold Dreamcast devkit back in the day, not long after folks began putting them up for sale. I forget which game was found on it, but I seem to recall that it caused quite a stir at the time.

And speaking of programming, here's another YouTube musical diversion by Jonathan Coulton. This one's dedicated to D.Birkin of Team IGAS, Mark, and all of the rest of us (both current and former like myself) who have ever experienced the unique pleasure of being a "code monkey."

This AMV features the song Code Monkey by Jonathan Coulton, using footage from the anime Black Heaven.It was a finalist at Anime Expo 2007 AMV Contest.At Ani...
              Last edited by RMandel; 07-22-2013, 02:52 AM.
              Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
              Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by V Venom80 View Post
                Wait if this is a Retail Release like everyones saying are we gonna be able to put it on a disc and play on PS1/PS2 consoles? if so how can u do that without having a modded system?
                Retail quality game, not retail pressed game... you'll need a modded system or an emulator.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                  Retail quality game, not retail pressed game... you'll need a modded system or an emulator.
                  Are you serious? Well then, I'm fucked.

Comment

• How useful is PS1 dev hardware anyways? I can understand if you want to improve compatibility of homebrew stuff with the actual hardware, but I imagine PC-only development through emus is quite sufficient (and probably what IGAS do most of the time?)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Renard View Post
                      Are you serious? Well then, I'm fucked.
                      HOw else did you expect to play it though? it was being released onto the net as an .iso file either way....

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                        @Zombie_X - Do you ever utilize any of that PSone development hardware?

I'm not picking on ya, really - I truly understand the collector's angle - but if you ever choose to sell (or perhaps, even lend) that hardware, I'd have a million+1 uses for it (research for better tools, mostly). Hell, for we all know, IGAS could probably use that hardware, if they don't have it at their own.

Just food for thought.

On subject, I'm with Renard - initial launch console, regular controller and fat 32 inch CRT television.
                        This might help !
                        http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Rare-B...-/200713310285
                        http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRA-RARE-B...item4610e9a603
                        http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEBUG-Playst...item4d0d4ad609
                        Last edited by Guest; 07-22-2013, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Id love to see another dark biohazard style project after 1.5

Comment

• or you know...everyone can just keep blabbing off topic nonsense too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                              or you know...everyone can just keep blabbing off topic nonsense too.
                              Do yourself a favour and jump ship. Bring the discussion to the other thread and we can return to this place as soon as B.Zork and D.Birkin do.

Comment

• Do we get the chance to see william birkin in 1.5 before he mutate to G-freak like retail ? I'm talking about the original script of course !

Comment

Working...
                                X