Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I appreciate your work IGAS, I am amazed your devoted to a project which you folks aren't seeking any profit for. I wish I can donate in some way. Maybe have some pizzas sent for those long nights typing out code. I do look forward to seeing more work from you guys in the future if you plan to work on other games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anomaladox View Post
      I don't recall anyone saying "Zombie-X, ZOMBIE-X, we really need you to "clean-up" and resize a DRAFT of a cover.", that is something you did for yourself so no thanks is necessary.
      LMAO! I've been reading through this thread because i've been out of the loop for a while and i gotta say this comment made me laugh out loud for some reason. Which is weird because I actually agree with curse420, and zombie_x can/should do whatever he likes. zombie_x wants to make a custom RE cover?...Why the hell not!?

Back on topic. I hope D.Birkin's big surprise is a look at a new zombie type, voice work, or some custom cgi cutscenes.

Comment

• Given the amount of interest this project has generated, I wouldn't be too surprised if there are a few CG modellers/animators who have contacted the team via their Youtube page on volunteering to make FMVs for the game. It's just wishful thinking, but hey, who knows.
        Seibu teh geimu?
        ---

Comment

• I really do like the new boxart IGAS whipped up. However, I kinda prefer the original Birkin eye mainly because it's always been the cover to 1.5, so I'm having a hard time understanding why it was changed.

Also, it's depressing knowing that we'll never be able to see the original FMVs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
            D.Birkin, it's too bad you guys aren't doing a back translation as many Japanese fans want to play it. Of my Japanese friends, only two can speak English.
            I am sorry for your Japanese friends. They can still try it in four more languages if English is hard.

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
            If i remember right they said they have voices already covered
            What do you mean “covered”? We only said the engine has support for stream voices.

Originally posted by Accell View Post
            However, I kinda prefer the original Birkin eye mainly because it's always been the cover to 1.5, so I'm having a hard time understanding why it was changed.
            Artists take liberties when they create artworks and give them their styles. Result was satisfactory for me and is used for cover. Using old low resolution Birkin eyes is not a good idea and makes covers look terrible. I hope fans understand some hard decisions are needed for best quality.
            Last edited by D.Birkin; 08-04-2013, 07:26 PM.
            “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
              I am sorry for your Japanese friends. They can still try it in four more languages if English is hard.
              Why are you not considering an [un]official Japanese release? This is a Japanese game to begin with with, you even have some Japanese text to start work with.

Your sneer remark doesn't seem to welcome the prospect either.
              Last edited by OKeijiDragon; 08-04-2013, 08:22 PM.
              If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

• Indeed, that's what I was thinking. They could ditch the whole multilanguage bit and increase the characters tables, right? I'm sure removing the other languages would free up some room for this.
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin
                  This is a bit disappointing, I know quite a few Japanese sites that have a huge following for 1.5 and Team IGAS. They've been posting and discussing Team IGAS updates and videos, as well as trying to translate things back into Japanese for everyone. So all of the original Japanese in the game has been thrown out? I thought MrBZork had said things will be back-translated into Japanese for a Japanese version... They won't be happy when they find out, but I hope they will try to make their own Japanese patch.

Originally posted by D.Birkin
                  Artists take liberties when they create artworks and give them their styles. Result was satisfactory for me and is used for cover. Using old low resolution Birkin eyes is not a good idea and makes covers look terrible. I hope fans understand some hard decisions are needed for best quality.
                  I was going to bring this up myself. It's their project and they're allowed to use their own cover art. The Birkin eye used at the title screen is lower resolution and wouldn't look good at all as a box cover.

Comment

Well i agree since it preserves that old style.

and i think it still a draft, uh?

Comment

• Originally posted by OKeijiDragon View Post
                      Why are you not considering an [un]official Japanese release? This is a Japanese game to begin with with, you even have some Japanese text to start work with.
                      We have higher priorities than adding a language we did not get any demand about. There is a technical reason for this. Why are you so worried about Japanese? Most fans do not understand it and play in English.

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                      and i think it still a draft, uh?
                      Maybe.
                      Last edited by D.Birkin; 08-04-2013, 08:39 PM.
                      “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• Perhaps because there is a demand for it. The Japanese fans may not be a vocal about it, but they do want it. I've been to several Japanese boards and they do want a Japanese version. To me it's just odd that it's left out. Your localizing it for other territories, why not Japan?

I know of the limitations. The Japanese character set takes up more space and is more resource heavy, right? Why not strip out the other languages and have Japanese as the only language (for the NTSC-J release)? Wouldn't this be feasible?

Honestly I'm fine with English, and can understand Okeiji's concerns, but can't understand as to why there won't be any Japanese release.
                        Last edited by Zombie_X; 08-04-2013, 09:05 PM.
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Will there be a cheesy live action opening scene ala RE1 for this game too, D.Birkin? It would be a pretty cool alternative to a cgi cutscene - just and idea!

Comment

• Originally posted by Renard View Post
                            This is a bit disappointing, I know quite a few Japanese sites that have a huge following for 1.5 and Team IGAS. They've been posting and discussing Team IGAS updates and videos, as well as trying to translate things back into Japanese for everyone. So all of the original Japanese in the game has been thrown out? I thought MrBZork had said things will be back-translated into Japanese for a Japanese version... They won't be happy when they find out, but I hope they will try to make their own Japanese patch.
                            Can you link to these sites? Honestly don't see many Japanese BIO sites at all.
                            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                              I haven't found any that are specifically about BH, but I saw quite a few people talking about BH1.5 on 2chan (http://www.2chan.net). And there are a lot of videos about 1.5, including IGAS update videos and MZD build videos on nico (http://www.nicovideo.jp/video_top). But you have to sign up and become a member in order to view videos on nico. There's also another site that I can't seem to find right now.
                              Last edited by Renard; 08-04-2013, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I definitely understand. As I said, I think the new artwork is great and it fits right in with the art style of 1.5. The issue really is me just being too used to low-res reptilian eyes representing our coveted protoype. It helps imagining this as a sort of final evolution of the eye artwork, like the one used in retail BH2.

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                                That's rather surprising.
                                Last edited by Accell; 08-04-2013, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X