Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the code the descend might be the culprit. In the archive/file room in Trial, the ladder is replaced by an UMB crate, from which you can climb on, but not get down from. So it's either the code for dropping down is incomplete or there is some other odd glitch.

It'd be cool if IGAS' RE2 came with some sort of Complete Disc. It would contain all the making of videos, concept art, renders, and even have a music gallery. This would be accessible after you beat the game. Upon loading the disc you'd be prompted to load your completed saved file and from there it will go to the main menu. It'd also be cool if you could download game saves just like the Complete Disc.
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
      I think the code the descend might be the culprit. In the archive/file room in Trial, the ladder is replaced by an UMB crate, from which you can climb on, but not get down from. So it's either the code for dropping down is incomplete or there is some other odd glitch.

It'd be cool if IGAS' RE2 came with some sort of Complete Disc. It would contain all the making of videos, concept art, renders, and even have a music gallery. This would be accessible after you beat the game. Upon loading the disc you'd be prompted to load your completed saved file and from there it will go to the main menu. It'd also be cool if you could download game saves just like the Complete Disc.
      An extra feature suggestion that actually sounds really cool!!!!

Comment

• Indeed. That way they could free up space on the primary disc for more game assets. All the extras, except game modes, would be on the "Complete Disc". There could be much more that they could do on their "Complete Disc". Heck even have some of the Hyper Playstation Remix videos on there, other clips from 1.5 on there. If the disc only served as a video gallery and art gallery, it would still be very cool.
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• You're underestimating how much data a CD-Rom can hold. Even the biggest games ever made don't go over 250-300 MB of actual data, and in order to fill the remaining 300+ MB with FMV you really need a lot of that, like over 30 minutes of high quality video. Wanna make a disk just for videos? Use a DVD or Blu-Ray like everybody does since the advent of the Ps2.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Yeah, I know CD-R's can hold a lot of data. I'm just thinking in a way that might benefit the team somehow. IF they needed the room, they could go this route. But XA streams take up some room as well. Although not as much.
            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• XA streams take about 1/8th of an STR with audio. So if the rough estimate is correct, you can get a whole bunch of hours just for voice acting or streamed music.

Comment

• Well hot damn.. Guess it doesn't take up as much room as I thought.
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Also compression has come a faaar faar way since the late 90's

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Piano View Post
                    Also compression has come a faaar faar way since the late 90's
                    yea IGAS is managing to eliminate load times with it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                      yea IGAS is managing to eliminate load times with it!
                      Really there won´t be loading times? (Members of the cult won´t like it )
                      The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Heh, loading times will be reduced greatly it seems. I wonder if the existing rooms will get the same treatment? I think so! They probably streamline the code for those rooms as well.

I hope the trial edition will come out in September..
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• I just realized how close September is, hope they release something like a trial or preview around that time as well.

Where the hell did summer go?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                            Really there won´t be loading times? (Members of the cult won´t like it )
                            There was a post a while back about streamlining the load times, you can skip the door transitions like RE : DS if you so wish (press a button) or you can let them play out entirely by just not pressing anything. Pleases both crowds that way really!
                            Last edited by Greko; 08-13-2013, 06:45 AM. Reason: Stupid smiley instead of DS

Comment

• Imagine if this sort of technology existed back in the 90's the PSX/PS1 could have gone to it full potential and most games would have been made better in the story and graphics department. I'm think certain games that were up to 4 discs in length like FF8 and FF9 could have been probably on 3 discs and if lucky 2 discs but that probably asking too much.

Comment

• French hacker Pixel did something like that, by crunching Valkyrie Profile into just one disk. I think he's used LZMA to achieve that. With FF7, 8, and 9 you can simply slap it all into one disk by removing the FMV data. I was even able to make a 1 disk FF7 myself using the PC build and DivX compressed movies.

Comment

Working...
                                X