Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Accell View Post
    Seriously. 1.5's plot was already bad enough with the whole Annette going insane, causing the entire outbreak, and then suddenly trying to redeem herself thing.
    Do we know she was trying to redeem herself? She could be cooperating with the player to increase her chances of survival, and the player discovers the truth indirectly, possibly.
    sigpic
    "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• That's possible. Perhaps Ada tells Leon about how Annette leaked the virus out but he still helps her as the chance of survival increases with more people.

I'm anxious to see IGAS' custom cutscenes. Since D.Birkin said they weren't hard to implement, making them should be a breeze. All he has to do is create a chain of frames, so that should not be hard.

Also seeing as "CAUTION" and "DANGER" animations are available for each character, I do wonder if the limping system from retail will be implemented along with those animations. I still hope they do. Perhaps for another game mode though, as the purist in me is kinda crying out.
      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Would be cool if they also added the dodge system of BH3 to it.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
        BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• It'd be cool to have it but I'd rather not. I think that is an unneeded addition.
          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
            Do we know she was trying to redeem herself? She could be cooperating with the player to increase her chances of survival, and the player discovers the truth indirectly, possibly.
            Ah, see I was just thinking of Newsbot's "Oops, I went fucking crazy. Sorry about that." quote about Annette when writing my reply. You raise a good point though; perhaps survival is her only motive for helping the survivors out. But, even in the life or death circumstances of BH2 it still seems rather dumb for Leon to continue working with the person responsible for an entire outbreak that resulted in 100,000 casualties. Maybe the player was going to be given an option to decide her fate when Birkin's final form enters the train.

This also brings up the issue of what the hell the survivors do with Annette after their escape with this horrible new knowledge of her fresh in their minds (assuming that woman survives, of course)...
            Last edited by Accell; 08-16-2013, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• Like in the first game, certain characters live or die depending on the player's choices. It's unknown whether Annette is one of them. In the 40% build, she is in the control room of the escape train in Leon's story, but not in Elza's story. She may only die in Elza's story, but who knows.
              Last edited by Renard; 08-16-2013, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
                Would be cool if they also added the dodge system of BH3 to it.
                OH GOD WHY KEG WHY

But I think they should add the limping to go with the visual. because the visual stays. even after using ZE HERBS / ZE SPRAY

Comment

• Don't forget ZE MEDICINE.

Comment

• I'd rather the characters just switch to the idle/limping animations immediately if you stop moving. If they do this, it'd still serve its purpose as a visual health level indicator, without affecting gameplay. That's what they seem to have done in the final beta anyway. Either that or implement it and make it an optional feature (unless D.Birkin finds incomplete code in the game that points to it being an intended feature).

Also, it's probably a really silly idea (inb4 "OWWW MAH GAWD, UR IDEA SUCCKZZZ"), but I think it'd be cool if they could include a "retail" arrange mode where the events in the game are replaced with retail's story and cutscenes (you'd find Ben in the jail cell, Claire would replace Elza, Ada would be a spy, etc.). It'd basically be retail playing out in 1.5's settings. They could modify item and enemy positions, as well as which doors are locked to make it a completely different experience from the base game. Either that or just include a regular arrange game where the locked doors and key item locations are completely different. The Arrange Mode in DC got it right, but wasn't quite different enough from the original classic mode to totally satisfy me. I'd even settle for a "scenario B" where the side characters have been switched around.
                    Seibu teh geimu?
                    ---

Comment

• accidental double post -

mods, please delete. thanks!
                      Last edited by biohazard_star; 08-16-2013, 08:09 AM.
                      Seibu teh geimu?
                      ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                        I'd rather the characters just switch to the idle/limping animations immediately if you stop moving. If they do this, it'd still serve its purpose as a visual health level indicator, without affecting gameplay. That's what they seem to have done in the final beta anyway. Either that or implement it and make it an optional feature (unless D.Birkin finds incomplete code in the game that points to it being an intended feature).

Also, it's probably a really silly idea (inb4 "OWWW MAH GAWD, UR IDEA SUCCKZZZ"), but I think it'd be cool if they could include a "retail" arrange mode where the events in the game are replaced with retail's story and cutscenes (you'd find Ben in the jail cell, Claire would replace Elza, Ada would be a spy, etc.). It'd basically be retail playing out in 1.5's settings. They could modify item and enemy positions, as well as which doors are locked to make it a completely different experience from the base game. Either that or just include a regular arrange game where the locked doors and key item locations are completely different. The Arrange Mode in DC got it right, but wasn't quite different enough from the original classic mode to totally satisfy me. I'd even settle for a "scenario B" where the side characters have been switched around.
                        Not going to happen. To much extra work and besides their plan is for it to be of retail quality as if Claire never existed if the game was completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                          That's possible. Perhaps Ada tells Leon about how Annette leaked the virus out but he still helps her as the chance of survival increases with more people.

I'm anxious to see IGAS' custom cutscenes. Since D.Birkin said they weren't hard to implement, making them should be a breeze. All he has to do is create a chain of frames, so that should not be hard.

Also seeing as "CAUTION" and "DANGER" animations are available for each character, I do wonder if the limping system from retail will be implemented along with those animations. I still hope they do. Perhaps for another game mode though, as the purist in me is kinda crying out.
                          Who's to say that the Caution and Danger status animations weren't supposed to be in the game in the first place? Remember, 1.5 was never finished. There's plenty of unused things on the build we currently have access to that were unfinished or simply weren't implemented. How the knife was meant to function comes to mind. And then there's the Birkin battle mutation as well as the "zombie flung against the wall" and additional man-spider movements. (Though I believe IGAS are calling that creature "Arachnophobia".)

I'm willing to bet that that status animations were meant to be used in conjunction with he tattered clothing and excessive bleeding, which I would absolutely love.

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                          Survivor's plot is great. The production values just doesn't do it any justice.
                          Indeed. Ark Thompson is my favorite RE character.
                          Last edited by Graco; 08-16-2013, 03:39 PM.
                          sigpic
                          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• ^ I would love the limping aswell.. That's why I hated RE1 - you could never tell how damaged you were and I used to die as I never used to check in inventory.
                            1.5 had the blood, true - but if the character is far away, you can't see - plus Caution and Danger don' seem very distinct from eachother..
                            "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• The idle limping animations are already there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX.EXE_16082013_182923_0274.png
Views:	1
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	403202 Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX.EXE_16082013_183215_0950.png
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	403205 Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX.EXE_16082013_183100_0140.png
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	403204 Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX.EXE_16082013_183409_0187.png
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	403203

Leon's and Elza's Caution and Danger limping animations, respectively.

The only thing that I'd agree to would be to see the 2-3 delay gone, as mentioned by biohazard_star.

If you start porting BH2's retail limping motions to BH2 Prototype, you will screw the game balance. Game design is a sensitive thing. In BH2 retail, the limping motions put you in jeopardy if you were facing zombies and back stepping while shooting or if you were trying to run away from the dogs. But even in danger, limping still allows you to outrun zombies and did not compromise your ability to face Lickers or Ivys (the first because the ability to fight them is dependent on sound making, and even in fine they will catch to you after you engaged them in battle if you start running away from them at close distance; the second because they are generally placed at a reasonable distance, or positioned in a way that gives you enough time to blast them). The only enemies that benefited from the danger status were Cerberus, Super T-103 and William Birkin IV. There was a meticulous design of the enemies when taking into account the limping system.

The same does not hold true for BH2 Prototype. The game did not, and as far as we aware, would have not that limping system in the first place. And for good reason, too. The dashing burst of zombies could easily catch up to the player if they were in danger status, the gorillas would be too fast to be outrunned (and given their twisty AI and movement, compromise the whole idea of re-positioning when you are fighting them) and the spider monster (not "arachnophobia", which is a condition to describe irrational fear of spiders) could run to the player or spit the venom from a distance.

In a battle mode, it might be possible to outmaneuver these design problems because you get to choose the enemy placement in certain areas, thus creating certain advantages (or disadvantages) to the players if some of the gameplay features pan out against the odds. But completely messing with it in the original scenario's features is disrespectful towards the original developers who certainly knew much more about the game they were designing and how it should be played out than the fanbase or team I.G.A.S.

TL;DR: If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
                              Last edited by Kegluneq; 08-16-2013, 06:36 PM.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                              BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Amazing post is amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X