Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only animations I think need to be changed in 1.5 are those goddamn stair walking animations. They're unfinished or something. Would it be too difficult to import the stair walking animations from retail?
    Last edited by Renard; 08-17-2013, 02:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Renard View Post
      The only animations I think need to be changed in 1.5 are those goddamn stair walking animations. They're unfinished or something. Would it be too difficult to import the stair walking animations from retail?
      noooooooooo man that animation is awesomeeeeeeee, the sad part is there is no sound.

Comment

• Regarding injury in 1.5 vs 1 or 2, I guess the general impression was that Capcom was gunning for the use of torn clothes. Of course, the "problem" with the torn clothes system is that ... well ... healing items would either not produce visual correction ... or make the player a tailor of sorts (or magically grant them a spare change of clothes ... or maybe you didn't use medicine to heal yourself, but more as a laundry stain remover?)

Comment

• Hmm .. I still stand by my point that if the character is far away from the camera - without checking inventory or standing still for 5 seconds
          (and be attacked again) that it would be easier to see their danger condition at least (caution could still run)
          What if the Team made a Remake / Zero style animation for danger instead (hand on hip running)
          While hand on chest (like retail) would indicate Caution and not slow you down either way.. That way the gameplay balance isn't effected
          Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 08-17-2013, 04:29 AM.
          "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Renard View Post
            The only animations I think need to be changed in 1.5 are those goddamn stair walking animations. They're unfinished or something. Would it be too difficult to import the stair walking animations from retail?
            1.5 uses dirty code for staircase animations and wastes PLD space. Players can get behind unwanted collisions or other errors. Retail has different method of staircase animations and I am looking into similar solutions to have them in RDT data. Capcom had great idea to make players step after last rung to avoid deadly collisions.
            “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
              1.5 uses dirty code for staircase animations and wastes PLD space. Players can get behind unwanted collisions or other errors. Retail has different method of staircase animations and I am looking into similar solutions to have them in RDT data. Capcom had great idea to make players step after last rung to avoid deadly collisions.
              Any more awesome updates you wish to share D. Birkin?

Comment

• Just look at his picture, in game playlist.
                less begging pls
                Last edited by Darkness; 08-17-2013, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• But it's not begging. He's just asking.

It's nice to see a music player option in there though. Dim the lights, fire up the stereo system, and play some 1.5 tunes.

Dirty code huh? Does that mean is poorly written? The default stair climbing animations look like poo.
                  My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• I don´t mind about ladder animations. Mmmm... New Birkin´s avatar looks like some kind of modifyed lab room.
                    The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• EDIT:
                      I blew up D.Birkins new avatar in photoshop and can read the track names. This is the order they are in the picture.

- Escape from the laboratory
                      - ????? Falls
                      - The Second Floor
                      - Umbrella's Secret Laboratory
                      - Horror Around
                      - The Answer Is "G"
                      - Out In The Wild

EDIT #2:
                      The room in his background is the file archive room. It looks heavily inspired by RE2's.
                      Last edited by Zombie_X; 08-18-2013, 08:11 PM.
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                        Any more awesome updates you wish to share D. Birkin?
                        News is I am on vacation.

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                        Dirty code huh? Does that mean is poorly written? The default stair climbing animations look like poo.
                        It is only temp code and one step repeating until animation plays to last rung. Real animation must work with more steps. Place character in front of staircase and make first step > loop for staircase with same animation > do last step to pass through stair collision before giving back control to player.

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                        New Birkin´s avatar looks like some kind of modifyed lab room.
                        We are not working on laboratories.
                        “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• That's sounds like a quick fix they did to just get it functioning.
                          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                            Hmm .. I still stand by my point that if the character is far away from the camera - without checking inventory or standing still for 5 seconds
                            (and be attacked again) that it would be easier to see their danger condition at least (caution could still run)
                            What if the Team made a Remake / Zero style animation for danger instead (hand on hip running)
                            While hand on chest (like retail) would indicate Caution and not slow you down either way.. That way the gameplay balance isn't effected
                            I was under the impression that there were unused animations like that unique to 1.5 that were discovered when people originally began digging through 1.5's data. I suppose I misinterpreted what they meant.

Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
                            ...completely messing with it in the original scenario's features is disrespectful towards the original developers who certainly knew much more about the game they were designing and how it should be played out than the fanbase or team I.G.A.S.

TL;DR: If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
                            They have to take certain liberties when making the decisions of finishing someone else's abandoned work when looking for ways to make improvements or when naming/completing enemies. Fortunately, the gameplay elements that are IGAS' work are being made optional. So maybe that dodge function from RE3 that you and several others have requested will be featured and won't be "disrespectful" to the original developers.
                            Last edited by Graco; 08-17-2013, 12:18 PM.
                            sigpic
                            "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• I am sorry but there is no dodge option planned. It will not be in our BIO1.5 for reasons of technicalities and game play.

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
                                I am sorry but there is no dodge option planned. It will not be in our BIO1.5 for reasons of technicalities and game play.
                                Fuck yea!

Comment

Working...
                                X