Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
    I protected formats to stop complications by Capcom.
    Have you had any troubles from Capcom so far, or have they remained indifferent about this?

Comment

• My interest in extracting data from the disk only goes so far as to acquiring the backgrounds and other neat unused content hidden away in it. I'm sure a lot of people are motivated by the same exact reason. Maybe after the game is released you could release a promo pack featuring high-quality renders of the backgrounds used in the game, as well as documentation on stuff that got cut out/changed?
      Last edited by biohazard_star; 08-19-2013, 05:16 PM.
      Seibu teh geimu?
      ---

Comment

• It is an emergency countermeasure for all cases.
        “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• I can totally understand that. It's best if no one can access the data freely IMO.
          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• We should take into consideration that this should (hopefully) protect whoever supplied IGAS with what they have as well. Threat of legal action is always a very damaging situation.
            sigpic
            "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• ^ Yes. As long as IGAS can't be tracked or found, they will be fine, as will be the supplier(s) of info and/or assets.
              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• small price to pay for security from dicks and crapcom!

Comment

• D.Birkin, I have a question for you. Have you managed to get a functional A.I for the baboons?

My experience fighting them leads me to believe that the code or programming of this enemy is broken. It behaves erratically at some points, its strikes don't always connect properly (though I'd assume this has more to do with hit-boxes) and there is one particular attack that I don't think that seems to be working correctly; the one that the female baboon uses after gripping onto the ceiling and latching on the player's back (the punch it throws as the player gets up doesn't connect, preventing the player from dying if he is Danger, as I have learned after getting multiple times hit by).

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                  BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
                    D.Birkin, I have a question for you. Have you managed to get a functional A.I for the baboons?

My experience fighting them leads me to believe that the code or programming of this enemy is broken. It behaves erratically at some points, its strikes don't always connect properly (though I'd assume this has more to do with hit-boxes) and there is one particular attack that I don't think that seems to be working correctly; the one that the female baboon uses after gripping onto the ceiling and latching on the player's back (the punch it throws as the player gets up doesn't connect, preventing the player from dying if he is Danger, as I have learned after getting multiple times hit by).
                    The AI definitely seems to be broken to me. When you fight the gorillas in the parking garage, it's pretty easy to get them stuck in a gap between two cars, where they'll just sit there trying to leap at you but not being able to move further. Based on this, there's probably some missing code, as the finished AI would probably have checks to make sure they don't get stuck in this way (or find another way around).

What confuses me is how other enemies like the dogs and the spiders got so broken. Assuming that 1.5 is running on the BIO1 engine as a base, and they've simply copied over the code from BIO1 for these enemies (who have no new behaviours that they didn't have in the first game -- unlike the zombies who would understandably be broken as they added new abilities that weren't there before) shouldn't said enemies work exactly the same as they did in BIO1? Why would CAPCOM have needed to re-code AI for enemies that are essentially behaving in the exact same manner in the exact same engine? Just a curiosity.
                    Obligatory signature ad for things I've made:

You can find out more at my website or Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
                      I am sorry but tools will not be for public releases. If users want to make new versions they are free to do if they can crack the system but I protected formats to stop complications by Capcom. Sure some will complain but that is out of IGAS scope.
                      thanks for clarifying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaia Revane View Post
                        The AI definitely seems to be broken to me. When you fight the gorillas in the parking garage, it's pretty easy to get them stuck in a gap between two cars, where they'll just sit there trying to leap at you but not being able to move further. Based on this, there's probably some missing code, as the finished AI would probably have checks to make sure they don't get stuck in this way (or find another way around).

What confuses me is how other enemies like the dogs and the spiders got so broken. Assuming that 1.5 is running on the BIO1 engine as a base, and they've simply copied over the code from BIO1 for these enemies (who have no new behaviours that they didn't have in the first game -- unlike the zombies who would understandably be broken as they added new abilities that weren't there before) shouldn't said enemies work exactly the same as they did in BIO1? Why would CAPCOM have needed to re-code AI for enemies that are essentially behaving in the exact same manner in the exact same engine? Just a curiosity.
                        The dogs do act differently though. They don't fall after being shot (the way this is handled is very awkward), and they're now able to tackle the player to the ground, for which the animation is very rough and incomplete.

Comment

• Here is something donated by R. Mandel:

Continued on the next post (posting video restrictions).

Comment

• Thank you for uploading these. This contribution should take the edge off for those who'd like to see the PSM build in all its glory.

Comment

• Interesting look at the whole factory line area in all its unfinished glory.

Still have no clue why some people thought that the MZD build was some "ruined" version of the PVB though. IGAS clearly just cleaned up the original build, and if anything, made it presentable enough for their sudden MZD release.

Though I still wouldn't mind being able to play the original build.

Comment

• So that would be the Curators build in all of it's unfinished glory. It's crazy how that build alone caused all of the drama, hatred and e-wars that it did. Yet it was so incomplete, it seems like some people always expected it to contain more. I always thought the placeholder icons were cool, but they were just placeholders, so them being replaced is not a big deal. Thanks for uploading these RMandel.

Comment

Working...
                                X