Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The process is probably slow. I'm not expecting anything major any time soon, definitely not a demo.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-20-2015, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• I mean it seems like they've started development on the sewers quite some time ago.

Comment

• It's more like a multi tasking process, it tends to skip a lot in various directions. Sir Lip is currently modeling bare bone geometry of the trial rooms, mainly from the lab, in order to get them playable and assigned to correct ID and 3D space (this one is horribly useful for mask regeneration). Sewers are being handled the slowest because they need to be as accurate as possible; way too many holes to fill there and one simple mistake would end up fucking the entire topography/progression line. They won't be completed as a finishing task, but close enough. Even CAPCOM got confused a lot while messing around with that maze.
        Last edited by Gemini; 08-20-2015, 09:42 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
        , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
          It's more like a multi tasking process, it tends to skip a lot in various directions. Sir Lip is currently modeling bare bone geometry of the trial rooms, mainly from the lab, in order to get them playable and assigned to correct ID and 3D space (this one is horribly useful for mask regeneration). Sewers are being handled the slowest because they need to be as accurate as possible; way too many holes to fill there and one simple mistake would end up fucking the entire topography/progression line. They won't be completed as a finishing task, but close enough. Even CAPCOM got confused a lot while messing around with that maze.
          Since Capcom never completed the sewers for 1.5 wouldn't it be easier to have point A leads to Point B? Since not much is known, maybe throw in a Point C then comes the Factory and lab.

I know easier said then done but we all know it won't be perfect and less rooms means less problems.

Comment

• The sewers in 1.5 are known to have been a disaster apparantly.

Comment

• Holes have been theoretically filled already, it's the execution that is slow to apply all of the information gathered. I think I might have mentioned this at least another couple times: there are some bridge rooms that have been added as a patch to CAPCOM's messed up maps. One of them is rather crucial for a little something.

Comment

• So you guys are going to use the trial lab backgrounds and add geometry? Bzork said a long time ago it would be easier/quicker to just redo them entirely. I never believed it's a good idea since they are by far the most complex background found in the game.

Comment

• Are there any rooms from the lab and factory that you guys have decided to remake? Aside from the obviously unfinished ones anyway, like the lab power area, and the factory lobby and parking lot.
                  Also, I remember that the final build added some new camera angles to the cutscenes that occur in the heliport catwalk and the underground parking lot. Do you guys plan on recreating those missing angles or will you be omitting them entirely?
                  Last edited by biohazard_star; 08-20-2015, 01:10 PM.
                  Seibu teh geimu?
                  ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                    The sewers in 1.5 are known to have been a disaster apparently.
                    In what way ? layout ? Design ? or both

Comment

• I don't see why this 1.5 restoration had to be 100% accurate - that would be impossible.

Surely if all the main rooms are there, any sort of connecting rooms (or rooms that were unfinished/missing) can be made however you want - which would make the sewers easier to build or design.
                      Especially since the sewers design plan changed so many times over the different builds.
                      "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                        So you guys are going to use the trial lab backgrounds and add geometry? Bzork said a long time ago it would be easier/quicker to just redo them entirely. I never believed it's a good idea since they are by far the most complex background found in the game.
                        Most trial lab backgrounds are done, only a minor amount needs to be redone entirely because they are either incomplete, lacking, or just half assed. The complete ones won't be touched, geometry and masking data will be added with buffer tricks.

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                        I don't see why this 1.5 restoration had to be 100% accurate - that would be impossible.

Surely if all the main rooms are there, any sort of connecting rooms (or rooms that were unfinished/missing) can be made however you want - which would make the sewers easier to build or design.
                        Especially since the sewers design plan changed so many times over the different builds.
                        The issue with the sewer area is how it has to be glued together with a given design to make any sense whatsoever. I'm specifically referring to event progression in this case. Gap fillers actually work outside of the sewer floor scope; in other words, it gently adds pieces around it, not inside given shapes. As for the sewer itself, I think you're going to like a few progression differences between Leon and Elza.
                        Last edited by Gemini; 08-21-2015, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• And not to derail the conversation again, but just thought I'd add that the error the RE2 remakers (the one in the unreal engine) made was in making too much noise about their project and attracting too much attention to themselves. Often the far more successful way is to keep things mostly secretive/known to only a small number of people, and then BAM released and it's too late to be stopped since it's already out there.

Thus avoiding a C&D, since you can't cease a project that's already finished. Sure you can get the site taken down, but you know how things spread on the net regardless.
                          Last edited by icemann; 08-21-2015, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• I never really followed the whole thing with IG, I saw a couple of videos and such but it didn't really catch my attention because of the use of Darkside Chronicle assets and because it wasn't a proper remake. I could imagine the project was shown so much on social media because fans have really wanted a remake of the second game for a long time and the feedback on all of IG's content definitely shows it. As for the whole story about IG helping out Capcom... my question is what would Capcom gain from this? I'm quite sure they know their own title more than anybody. IG weren't exactly ambassadors of the community so I doubt they'll talk to them for the fan feedback that Capcom promised.

Comment

• i was never impressed by IG re 2 take but i did like rod limas more, i too felt it was odd capcom would invite fans for input on a remake i would be surprised if capcom honestly met with them.

Comment

• Should we not keep this about 1.5? xD don't give IG any attention...even negative attention.

Comment

Working...
                                X