Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q: Can I make a complete fan made game, using Capcom characters?

A: From a legal standpoint, we can't possibly sanction fan games (we run the risk of being viewed as not protecting our IP and therefore could lose the rights). Are we likely to proactively go after something, not likely. But as always, if you have to ask and we're forced to give an answer, the answer is not likely to be what you want it to be.

What you want to do is consult with a lawyer and determine if what you're trying to do would fall under the category of fair use. Fair use is all good (at least in the US).

It looks unlikely that they'd go after the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
      There's a huge modding community constantly making and releasing all kind of mods of actually released RE games, and Capcom doesn't send C&D to everyone of them. As long as you don't come up with the idea of selling your fan project, or asking people for donations or any kind of thing involving money Capcom won't care.
      Only alot of mods were never finished or released let alone the few that were never really sparked a huge wave of attention. Though I could have sworn Kamiya was pretty open to the idea of fan projects and mods.

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
      Holy crap I didn't know the Zero beta almost leaked!

I also believe if Capcom were to release 1.5 in any form it would be a free bonus with RE2make but I doubt they'd put out an unfinished 80% buggy game that would probably crash on rare occasions without debugging. Then again we really don't know just how much 1.5 would really crash up
      I think people really need to get over the hope of Capcom ever releasing something unfinished as bonus content. No company has and will ever do something like this. If a project is deemed "unworthy of release", trust me, it will never see the light of day unless it's an unofficial leak. Think about it, imagine buying RE2make for PC and getting a special bonus iso of a PS1 beta. It wouldn't make any sense. I mean maybe, just maybe under a special circumstance they could include the full game within the new game itself as a bonus unlockable (think of MGS1 being in MGS4) but what makes people so sure Capcom even has the source code to these old ancient games anymore?

Comment

• Well glad to know Capcom won't be sending a C&D or that its VERY unlikely!

Comment

• Fellas, what will be released by IGAS is technically not RE1.5; it's Squeezebomb, which Capcom does not own. They merely added some polygon and background assets to their own engine.
          Last edited by Enigmatism415; 08-09-2015, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
            Fellas, what will be released by IGAS is technically not RE1.5; it's Squeezebomb, which Capcom does not own. They merely added some polygon and background assets to their own engine.
            Even though the engine has changed, a lot of the assets are still CAPCOM's own property. They can still send out a CaD order just cause of that. Be happy that they have not done so already.
            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Meh. Does it really matter if they get a C&D though? People have found ways of releasing C&D'd material if they really wanted to. Even that C&D'd 2D Streets of Rage remake is freely available for download on the net. It's not like Capcom can do anything once it's all over the internet anyway. And that's assuming they even give a rat's ass about this project, seeing as how they didn't even bat an eye when they were informed that there was a charity fund for the release of the RE:GBC protos.
              Last edited by biohazard_star; 08-10-2015, 01:15 AM.
              Seibu teh geimu?
              ---

Comment

• Can we all calm down? There will be no C&D happening.

Comment

• Capcom dont know who IGAS members are, so they cant pursue them. Neither can stop the internet. A build will leak one way or another.
                  ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
                    Only alot of mods were never finished or released let alone the few that were never really sparked a huge wave of attention.
                    Just like this project is far from finished too, and even if it some day sees the light it will be already to late for C&Ds. Once something is released there's no turning back.
                    The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Capcom recently released high quality footage of the BH Zero N64 Prototype, so I guess they still have their old projects archived somewhere.
                      Who knows, maybe the same holds true for 1.5?

As unlikely as it is, new official footage of the "final" build of 1.5 would be useful for IGAS.
                      To be honest, I never expected Capcom to release footage of any cancelled project after so many years.
                      Last edited by Upaluppa; 08-10-2015, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• I really hope we can get some high quality footage of the areas we have never seen.

Comment

• There is always a chance if the RE2 remake gets underway and Capcom produces a lot of online content following its development akin to the original remake's Japanese website, they could always look back at the history of RE2 akin to this Zero stuff... and that might include opening the vaults to look at more 1.5 footage as part of the development history. But that also could be a year or two away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                            There is always a chance if the RE2 remake gets underway and Capcom produces a lot of online content following its development akin to the original remake's Japanese website, they could always look back at the history of RE2 akin to this Zero stuff... and that might include opening the vaults to look at more 1.5 footage as part of the development history. But that also could be a year or two away.
                            This is the most likely way that we'll ever see RE1.5 material coming out of Capcom by their own volition. I can realistically imagine one of the employees digging out the Betacam-SP footage of BH1.5 final-build gameplay and showing it in a 'Developer's Diary', or perhaps having the footage unlockable in the game (in some sort of 'cinema viewer' page). If we get a hold of the entire footage, it would surely be more than enough to show IGAS how the game was supposed to play and how it looked in its twilight days.

Comment

• And in other words secure the closest thing to the final build we'd ever get if it doesn't see the light of day. It would also act as the missing pieces of the puzzle. With that and / or the final build would we get an complete experience with IGASs and Geminis build if they incorporated said material.

Comment

• what year do you think the demo will come out ? 2016 or 2017 ? I don't expect the full game (if any) until 2018 or early 2019.

Comment

Working...
                                X