Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
    There's a lot of voice over people on youtube who want to do it for free. There's one guy, named LionHeart I believe, who wanted to do it. I don't have his contact info though.
    He said professional. Studio time requires money.

Comment

• Theres a professionally done fallout new vegas mod with hours of voicing, professionally done. It's not that hard. My school had a sound room and we used it all the time. The maker of the mod used his local news station. It would just take a room with soundboarding like a chorus room or something. Or a hallway. Really its not rocket science. And community auditions would REALLY help

Comment

• I'm not sure if any studio would accept doing voicework for something the client doesn't have rights to anyway.
        Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• I've never felt the voice acting or dialogue was of a high caliber to begin with.

I realize that voice acting is ultimately the Team's decision, but I think RE retail quality voice acting could be achieved with volunteers if it were properly recorded.
          sigpic
          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• How to achieve retail quality:
            -Buy US police officer and biker uniforms
            -Hire amateur american-japanese actors
            -1/2 hour session of cutscene shooting on a police station rooftop and inside an electric train
            -2 days of voice acting recording sessions
            -Remove fmv color, insert on disc

You can't argue it isn't RETAIL QUALITY. The original Resident Evil was retailed through common channels.
            Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• I must have misread something then, sorry.

On the concept of hiring for Voice Acting though, you can get professional or very near-professional people for free. You don't necessarily need a studio or stuff like that. I bet there are dozens of volunteers who would gladly do it for free. Sound and recording quality might be a bit of an issue though. But just because they aren't considered professional doesn't necessarily mean they don't sound professional. And just because they ARE considered professional doesn't mean they DO sound professional.

But if they think they will have to go through all that trouble just for voices, then oh well.

I myself have professional studio-quality recording equipment in my garage and I have provided voice and sound samples for music and singing programs. And I'm nowhere near professional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Renard View Post
                I must have misread something then, sorry.

On the concept of hiring for Voice Acting though, you can get professional or very near-professional people for free. You don't necessarily need a studio or stuff like that. I bet there are dozens of volunteers who would gladly do it for free. Sound and recording quality might be a bit of an issue though. But just because they aren't considered professional doesn't necessarily mean they don't sound professional. And just because they ARE considered professional doesn't mean they DO sound professional.

But if they think they will have to go through all that trouble just for voices, then oh well.

I myself have professional studio-quality recording equipment in my garage and I have provided voice and sound samples for music and singing programs. And I'm nowhere near professional.
                I do believe I studied something back in school about Einstein dropping out of school at 8th grade or something like that because his teachers thought him as being an "idiot" who wouldn't amount to anything. Im paraphrasing ofcourse. In the end he manages to be the key to the atomic bomb and the US took him in because they knew if Germans got it we'd pretty much be toast. Now I am going to get with the point. Don't judge a book by it's cover. In other words, because someone isn't making a lot of dough if any at all with there talents doesn't mean we need to look down on them. We all have a job or talent that we can excel in. IGAS has talent and skill in areas we can't even imagine. Zombie X has some talent in photo editing. I am sure we all have a purpose for something. Anyway end of rant.

Oh and just to clarify that wansn't addressed to you Renard just in agreement with your post.
                Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 09-04-2013, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• As has been echoed, you don't need a studio for professional sound quality. You can get similar results to a studio by stuffing people inside of a closet and having them project outward towards a mic strapped with a pop-shield. To be honest, seems like kind of a cop-out answer. I understand the concern regarding quality, but it really isn't difficult. The only primary concern should be finding people that can actually voice act to begin with, that fit that characters, and that can all shoot the dialogue in the same location, so there aren't any weird discrepancies between actors and sound quality.
                  Last edited by doriantoki; 09-05-2013, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• I wish 1.5 was a cost free project. Reality is not how you picture it.
                    “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• after all resident evil was a b-movie, without the cheesy VA it wouldn't be the same

Comment

• Originally posted by warren View Post
                        after all resident evil was a b-movie, without the cheesy VA it wouldn't be the same
                        You're right, it'd be better.
                        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Exactly, the quality was never exactly good in terms of acting or recording, i think this reach for "retail quality" sometimes exceeds what a retail release would have actually been Besides there's a lot of "professional" voice acting work out there that is absolutely god awful *coughSH-HDCollectioncough*

Comment

• How about accepting donations to hire professional actors?
                            Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• That could complicate things.
                              sigpic
                              "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• the one thing i really want is the voices, itl take time for it so il wait lol

Comment

Working...
                                X