Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • O rly?

45 67.16%
  • Ya rly

22 32.84%
    #25 Neptune

Quote Originally Posted by Eteponge View Post
    The fact of the matter is, the demanding ungrateful impatient "gimmie gimmie gimmie now!" lamer crowd has always existed and always will, in this community and in many others. I recall back in the late 1990s, when Emulation was in it's golden age, and Translation Groups were popping up for the first time translating Japanese NES and SNES games into english for the fans, quite a few promising projects would suddenly up and quit, and most of the time the main reason the groups stated for quitting was that for every positive grateful encouraging email they got from a fan for working on the project, they would get 10 other emails saying "omg! you idiots, hurry up and release the translation already! you're too slow! you guys suck!", which would discourage them. I remember seeing update messages on Emulation news sites often back then saying, "Yet another promising translation project has shut down today. Who can you thank for it? All the lamers and flamers sending them hate mail. Read <this link> for their farewell message." I also remember one time reading a message posted by an emulation author who charged shareware who declared, "Each time one of you idiots leaks my new releases cracked to the public, I'm going to stop working on my emulator for six months!"

Now, here's the problem with all of this, you will NEVER get rid of these types of people, they have always existed, and always will. All you can do is ignore them. To think that one day everyone in a fandom is going to magically acheive some sort of universal enlightenement where these types don't exist anymore to screw things up for people, you're delusional. That's just human nature, these idiots will always be around trying to fuck everything up. And like in the emulation author example, if someone says they are going to delay or quit something if something leaks (like in the emulation case) there is *always* bound to be at least *one idiot* who is going to do it out of spite to ruin it for everybody.
    yeah exactly they will always exist , That's why I hope the team will understand there will always be a few idiots that try to upset them and sway them from there work , But I hope the team remembers the people who actually do appreciate what they are doing , we can't do anything really for them except show our support , so I hope that get's through to them more then the negative comments do.
    Last edited by chrisliam2; 02-17-2013 at 10:10 AM.

#40 Left Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Eteponge View Post
    The fact of the matter is, the demanding ungrateful impatient "gimmie gimmie gimmie now!" lamer crowd has always existed and always will, in this community and in many others.

♪ Who is to blame...? ♫

Banned

Zork is oppressive .....

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrass View Post

♪ Who is to blame...? ♫
    LOL! XD Her spoiled "I Want It Now!" song sure does sum up these types.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardos5 View Post
    Oh my God, yeah, I remember hearing that and thinking it was composed by the slow cousin of the FFVII composer, Opi.
    I'm going to try and see if I can get the original release version (big PS1 box and all) from my cousin's best friend.
    Seriously, they pulled waaay too much of a b-horror-movie feel into the DC release, lol
    I'm talking about the moments with this James Bond-y feeling music starts playing when

Spoiler:

Afterwards...
    Spoiler:

Then...
    Spoiler:

ALSO
    Spoiler:

And
    Spoiler:

(^God these took FOREVER! I couldn't find them anywhere, I had to type them by hand while listening to a walkthrough)
    It's more of a comedy than anything...
    sorry to bring these up, but are you saying the NTSC american Directors Cut: Duel Shock edition has new dialog/cut scenes aswell as a new (poor) soundtrack? im playing the original directors cut PAL release and it has the original music. let me know if what you said was true because id Import that version just to hear them scenes and hear the OST remixed.

#24 Black Tiger RaccoonSurvivor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EVIL-WEBBY View Post
    sorry to bring these up, but are you saying the NTSC american Directors Cut: Duel Shock edition has new dialog/cut scenes aswell as a new (poor) soundtrack? im playing the original directors cut PAL release and it has the original music. let me know if what you said was true because id Import that version just to hear them scenes and hear the OST remixed.
    No the PAL version also had these extra scenes/voices - but original music was in the game. Also if you play Advanced Mode, there are new camera angles, a Silver Beretta that can perform random headshots, and mixed around item places..

Dual Shock version had the ''new'' horrible soundtrack although IDK if the new scenes were in it.
    "How can these things be alive if they're already dead...?!"

Quote Originally Posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
    No the PAL version also had these extra scenes/voices - but original music was in the game. Also if you play Advanced Mode, there are new camera angles, a Silver Beretta that can perform random headshots, and mixed around item places..

Dual Shock version had the ''new'' horrible soundtrack although IDK if the new scenes were in it.
    Dont mean to doubt you, but are you sure? because i always used to play DC on Advanced Only (since thats Directors Cut mode, the other modes being the original game which i must have compeleted 30plus time before getting DC) I'm infact playing it right now as iv got the flu and dusted off my old PS1 to get ready for 1.5 but i never remember any different diolog and only differences i ever noticed was the ones you also pointed out...

maybe my memeory over the past 16 years hasnt holded up aswell as i thought, geuss i'll find out since im playing as Chris on Advanced mode...

EDIT: Just encountered Rebecca in the Save Room, She's going on about the holicopter crashing which is strange since she just serviced it last month. so i geuss the diolog is different after all.
    Last edited by EVIL-WEBBY; 02-17-2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: IM BATMAN

#24 Black Tiger RaccoonSurvivor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EVIL-WEBBY View Post
    Dont mean to doubt you, but are you sure? because i always used to play DC on Advanced Only (since thats Directors Cut mode, the other modes being the original game which i must have compeleted 30plus time before getting DC) I'm infact playing it right now as iv got the flu and dusted off my old PS1 to get ready for 1.5 but i never remember any different diolog and only differences i ever noticed was the ones you also pointed out...

maybe my memeory over the past 16 years hasnt holded up aswell as i thought, geuss i'll find out since im playing as Chris on Advanced mode...

EDIT: Just encountered Rebecca in the Save Room, She's going on about the holicopter crashing which is strange since she just serviced it last month. so i geuss the diolog is different after all.
    I only ever owned the Director's Cut PAL version..
    Dunno if advanced mode changes anything as in speech, but I clearly remember the ROOT joke and Chris laughing at Wesker with the Tyrant - even the scene with Rebecca getting back up after being shot.
    "How can these things be alive if they're already dead...?!"

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrass View Post

♪ Who is to blame...? ♫
    perfect analogy.

what is your avatar?

Not to burst anyone bubble, but I have a five copies of the PAL RE1. None of them have switchable music or different dialog. I have the original PAL release, Platinum release, Directors Cut, German Directors Cut, and The White Label. They are the same as the USA releases. Also the Director Cut Dual Shock Version was never released in Europe, only Directors Cut which featured the original score.

Also the PAL PSN version is the exact same.

RaccoonSurvivor, That dialog you mentioned is in every release of the game.

The way the Root dialog triggers is if Rebecca has to make the V-Jolt and use it in the undergrounds area where Neptune is. "I guess we to the ROOT of the problem".

Chris' dialog with Wesker is the same no matter what. He always says that, unless Rebecca dies, in that case he won't use the line "sleeping with the ultimate failure".
    Last edited by Zombie_X; 02-17-2013 at 12:40 PM.

#23 Prototype Tyrant originalzombie's Avatar

I used to have the sega saturn USA version as well, and i don't exactly remember any of this switchable music or different dialog was part of the game !

That's because you can't switch the music. PAL DC has the same score from USA and Japan. DCDS was never releases in PAL territories so the arranged music can't be there.

EVIL-WEBBY, Rebecca always says that when you encounter her in every release.

Anyways, I think we've wen't off topic enough.
    Last edited by Zombie_X; 02-17-2013 at 12:45 PM.

hello again.

new staff post regarding drama of colvin on the hacking board of enrico and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff
    Despite being told by people to contact us, rather than try to constantly circumvent us and exploit the good will of fans and/or external contributors to the project, we were never contacted by him or any of his representatives. How he acquired the build is known to us, and while we do not condone those actions or approve of them, nor did the person who did it represent anyone but himself in terms of the actions he committed upon exchanging content with Colvin, we do believe anyone on our end acted entirely in good faith, firmly believing they would not be deceived, that any material they chose to share with Colvin would be between the two of them, and strictly be used for the benefits of eachother's projects. We fail to recognize how attempting to sell this data to various people, fraudulant behavior, lies and deceit, attempted blackmail, and public threats benefits his research. We have nothing to gain from not upholding whatever agreement was made between these parties, but we feel it's our responsibility to avoid the types of misuse of content that he has recently displayed. We also feel it is entirely up to us to chose how we face the issue of dealing with staff or contributors whom leak content.

We've seen Colvin seek attention by posting build material in public, to then later edit it out and remove it at seemingly his own innitiative. When he attempted to sell the build on eBay, we instantly filed reports to eBay regarding the nature of the content being offered, regarding how it violated the copyright of several parties, and how it violates eBay's ToS in several ways. Seeing as the auction was taken down less than 24 hours after we filed these reports, we can only assume either eBay took action as requested or he does as he always does; pulled out once he'd received his daily dose of attention. All of these incidents are properly documented and archived, along with various other material regarding recent and past incidents - archived and logged for potential future reference.

here is tough decision we make, it may please some, it may displease others, it may also open new doors to many...
    Spoiler:

happy gaming and welcome to world of hopefully less fraud... now we back to work on project.

and as we say before, if you accidentally make pay for this build by someone; do report fraud.
    Last edited by B.Zork; 02-17-2013 at 01:32 PM.

#38 Ramon Salazar Enigmatism415's Avatar

i think my brain just split in half.

one side is dying to touch, the other side is telling the first side to stay away until a proper release.

ouch...

Well, this build works...
    Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Holy shit, it's an actual working build..... I'm not sure how far this build goes, i'm in total disbelief that i'm actually playing some form of 1.5 right now... I'm going to see how far this build goes (probably not far considering its only 38 MB) but i don't even care.......
    Last edited by drunkdog; 02-17-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    Check out....
    My youtube
    My twitter

#40 Left Hand

Now, is more appropriate, than ever:

It is real indeed. Grab your favorite emulator and play, most of us are doing that already. Tested on ePSXe: works.

Yeah defiantly works, Leon getting owned by crows on the helipad.
    Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Thread Information