No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6 Leon Gameplay Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a good question to apply to Leon's situation.

If Jill never showed her P30 device and was seconds away from killing Sheva..... Would Chris let Sheva die? Or would he ultimately put Jill down?

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM
      And you continue to fail to understand that no one is talking about hesitation, but the fact Leon told a ZOMBIE to stand back. There is NOTHING that can justify this when you are an experienced survivor with blood of 2,000 BOWs on your hands, 15 years of physical, mental and emotional training, and a record of being unmoved by zombies as a rookie. You do not, do not, tell a zombie to stand back after all that. Don't see how it's so difficult for you to understand such a simple claim, backed up by a number of factual references. Instead, you're clinging onto his hesitation to kill an old friend, in hopes you have some argument. When it's actually funny, how his hesitation even is off and inconsistent at a deeper look (but at least understandable, as opposed to the problem at hand).
      There's nothing stupid in that scene. Leon is just confused by the situation because he didn't foresee that the President could become a zombie. He's talking to him because he's denying this situation and doesn't want to be responsible for the President's death as a zombie. Simple as that. Leon is not being naive. In theory, Leon should put a bullet in his head with no remorse, but considering the fact that the President is both his boss and friend since, let's say, 1998, it's not hard to picture Leon getting confused and having difficulties to put a bullet in this particular zombie. Experienced or not.

Capcom is certainly trying to show Leon as the naive character he was during RE2 with his RE6 self, but I don't think it's overdone and I think he knows more than what he actually shows. He's clearly wary of Helena, by telling her that she could say bye to her freedom if anything goes wrong.
      Last edited by Grem; 06-21-2012, 07:55 AM.

Comment

And let's not forget that we're talking about the president here. Leon is probably going to fake his death because he shot the president and the government is going after him. The fact that he was a zombie is a small detail.

Comment

I'm sure people would rather Leon make a smart ass comment about shooting the President in the head and then shrug it off as he leaves but I'm..... Glad that didn't happen...

"Presidents... Guess after this there will be one less to worry about."
          Last edited by Smiley; 06-21-2012, 08:11 AM.

Comment

I'd like to see how much context this gameplay is. By that, I mean, how much exposure to C-virus zombies has Leon had? As well as just the virus in general. I understand the man's cough not really raising Leon's suspicion, but the girl, covered in blood and damn near dead should have put him more on edge.

Comment

What if Leon is playing on his supposed naivety to trick everyone in the end just like in Revelations with Raymond for example? There are signs that Leon is probably trying to build up a plan. He fakes his death and when Chris tells him "that Ada is working for Neo Umbrella and if he knows what that means" he responds with a suspicious "yeah...I do".

I'd love Capcom to make a plot twist like this where Leon made a secret deal with Ada to unveil Simmons true intentions. Maybe Leon was already suspicious of Simmons' involvment with bioweapons but just didn't know when a bioterrorsit attack would occur? I think Capcom is going to make plot twists with this game, but maybe my idea is a bit too much.
              Last edited by Grem; 06-21-2012, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grem View Post
                What if Leon is playing on his supposed naivety to trick everyone in the end just like in Revelations with Raymond for example? There are signs that Leon is probably trying to build up a plan. He fakes his death and when Chris tells him "that Ada is working for Neo Umbrella and if he knows what that means" he responds with a suspicious "yeah...I do".

I'd love Capcom to make a plot twist like this where Leon made a secret deal with Ada to unveil Simmons true intentions. Maybe Leon was already suspicious of Simmons' involvment with bioweapons but just didn't know when a bioterrorsit attack would occur? I think Capcom is going to make plot twists with this game, but maybe my idea is a bit too much.
                Leon apparently learns something in Tall Oaks that Chris is probably unaware of.

Comment

Yeah, presumably thanks to Ada and the video recording.

What made me think of this possibility is in the E3 trailer. We see Simmons saying that "tomorrow the US will suffer a bioterrorist attack" which means that Ada is aware that Tall Oaks will be infected one day prior to the outbreak. So, I wonder what Ada tried to do considering what she knew before everyone else.
                  Last edited by Grem; 06-21-2012, 10:10 AM.

Comment

I'm betting Leon knows that Ada is innocent based on whatever video he sees in Tall Oaks and fakes his death (with Hunnigan's help) to hide from Simmons while trying to get back at him. Meanwhile, Chris has fallen for whatever ruse Simmons has Carla doing as Ada (who wouldn't if her doppleganger massacred your entire team??) . I almost think that Chris is the one who infects (probably inadvertently) China with the C-Virus.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                      Very excited. Looks to be a slow build up like most great horror games before it. I also know very little about Helena, but already I feel for her character. And I have to say that is an achievement for this series.
                      I'm actually finding her quite dreadful, to be honest. Along the same lines as Angela. (Is it a coincidence Laura Bailey voices them both? Haha.) But, I'm hopeful Helena will become less irritating, to me, as the game progresses.

Overall, this demo footage was damn good. Slow, dark, tense. This felt like Resident Evil, to me, and I appreciated that.

I don't think I can say it enough how excited I am about this installment.

Comment

No one said that she was infected like the majini but clear signs showed that she was on something and not herself. Chris didn't know what it was nor did he know if there was a way to save her until the opportunity presented itself later on.

What you're insisting is that there is someone too far gone to be saved. As is the case when Jill was infected with the T-virus in 3 and "cured" before she became a zombie. But with Leon and Ashley they had the parasites removed before they were fully taken over.

Now if Jill was infected with a plagas then removal of a parasite would be pointless at her stage. But she wasn't. That still doesn't change that Chris and Sheva had no idea what she was infected with or if there was a way to save her when they initially uncovered that she was the plague doctor working with Wesker.
                        Exactly, she was on something. But there was nothing that even slightly hinted at Jill being infected. Chris and Jill noticed the zombie hitting Kenneth, they shot him because it was evident the guy was fked up. Leon told Claire to get down and headshotted the zombie, because he just witnessed his kind munching on flesh outside. RE3 Jill jumped out the window was was filling zombies with lead. Claire CVX didn't tell the graveyard zombies to "stay away from here". All this why? Because there was EVIDENT danger, and infection was obvious to every single degree from their actions, to their looks, and to their sounds.

RE4, Leon almost got axed by the first Ganado he thought was a human being, yet he orders him to "FREEZE! I said freeze!" even though the Ganado showed no signs of infection, but imminent danger was present. RE5 Chris did not witness the Plagas being shoved down the first Majini's throat (the view was blocked), and he asks if he is fine only to be answered with a violent push and signs of infection. Chris and Sheva don't hesitate and kill the guy. Outside, the meet the same of their kind and they don't hesitate killing them, ALL the way to the end.

Chris clearly saw Jill was not infected, she showed no physical signs, no skin or body deformation, no throwing up or twitching, no nothing. She simply attacked him, while still completely human, and Chris outright says "Jill, it's me Chris!" because he knew she was still Jill. If it was a zombie Jill, do you really expect he would have said the same thing? Of course not. He didn't say it to Forest.

And here we are in RE6, we have a guy who has went through all of this yet he's trying to reason with a zombie. I've said it numerous times, when you have so much history with zombies, it doesn't matter if it is your own FAMILY, you DO NOT try to reason with a zombie. Hesitate to shoot, sure, but there is NOTHING that can justify you telling a ZOMBIE to "stand back". Even for a newcomer it wouldn't make sense but at least it'll be understandable, but with someone of 15 years history, there is absolutely no excuse.

Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
                        This isn't the T-virus. I don't think it's completely unreasonable for Leon to hope that this virus would effect the President's mind differently. I think he knew it was hopeless to try...but he couldn't NOT try, not only is it his friend it's the PRESIDENT. Killing the President is kind of a big no-no, so I'd make sure that he was REALLY a dead&gone zombie before I blew his brains out.

How blatant is the fathers infection? He coughs? That's never been a sign for infection (outside of plagas) and he clearly didn't have any bites, he was probably infected by that fog...same with the daughter, she was covered in blood but so was the room they found her in. It could have easily come from that room. As I said, Leon has a big heart...he wasn't going to go shoot this guys daughter in the head as soon as she died and by the time she turned the power went out and he couldn't see.
                        Except Leon has no idea of even the existence of such a virus. It's only until later when Hunnigan tells him that it's the same virus the BSAA discovered 6 months ago, the C-Virus. To Leon, it was the T-Virus, and even it wasn't, the fact remains, the President is long gone and is a decaying zombie.

And lack of previous signs doesn't give Leon an excuse to ignore his surroundings. He KNOWs there's a zombie outbreak, Hunnigan even confirms a 3 mile radius and that the "infection is spreading with no stop". The little girl's face is bloody, she can't even walk on her own damned feet. A virus outbreak took place, not a war, so what can she possibly be bloody, coughing, and unable to walk for, during an obvious ZOMBIE OUTBREAK? Oh, I don't know, maybe the chance that she is also infected? That wasn't so hard now was it Leon? Thank your plot immunity or else you would have been little girl food in the elevator.

There's no way to determine at that point whether Jill could be saved or not. Chris' only means was to reason with Jill because he couldn't face killing her. Leon reasoning with Benford was a defensive reaction because he couldn't face killing him.
                        No sign of infection, no body damage, full human functions, perfect body and skin, motor skills working without a flaw, 100% capable of understand human speech. Yes, none of those massive indications are proof enough that she can easily be saved and put on the right path. Very nice logic oh Smiley.

And Leon not being able to face killing a zombie still gives him no reason to tell a zombie to "stand back". It's becoming rather sad that you cannot swallow such a simple but obvious inconsistency and flaw in the script.

Can a drug cause infection? That depends. Chemical based infections aren't unheard of though, but in the realms of this fiction P30 was created from experimentation on Progenitor.

Again, there was no way to determine that at the time regarding Jill. There were clearly other means of B.O.W.s caused from more than just majini. Ruling out majini doesn't mean you automatically know someone can be saved or not.
                        Except Jill was not infected. She required no antidote, nor was she affected AT ALL bodily. She had full memory, full speech, full compassion for Chris even, as if she had never been under Wesker's custody at all. All she was affected by was the device which changed her PHYSICAL ACTIONS only, that to while she was completely AWARE.

That's as bad as calling a victim of psychic mind control as being infected. Yeah, fk logic no?

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                        The point Smiley is making is that Majini aren't the only possible infectees. Jill could have been infected with something else (and was, although more doped than infected).
                        She wasn't infected. She could have been, but the way Chris acted easily imply he also believed she wasn't. And surprise, she really wasn't infected after all.

No one is saying that Jill was suspected of being a majini though. So the majini traits never factored into it. What you do see from Jill are indications that she's not herself when she aides Wesker, attacks Chris and Sheva, and has physical super human abilities. A possibility could only be factored on blind faith until the P30 device was presented which didn't happen till later. And since then all Chris could do was react in the same way most would.

You bring down a threat, but if it's someone close you don't want to believe it's them. You're in a state of denial. You try to reason with them. Leon went through the same notions, and ultimately did what he had to do because Helena would have been killed otherwise. It doesn't matter if it's a seventeen year old kid or a trained government agent. If it's someone you genuinely are concerned for then it's natural to be conflicted.
                        Not being yourself yet have 100% of your looks, unaffected, unchanged, showing no signs of infection, and only changed in the sense of physical control, is different from not being yourself but evidently a zombie who just showed someone how he can likes to eat his humans are completely different. Chris had every single reason to believe Jill was only being controlled (Wesker's taunts only gave it away more). Whereas Leon is completely aware of the fact that Adam can no longer understand or perform human speech, yet still tells him to stand back.

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        What clear visual indicators do Majini have?

There's nothing there to make me go, 'Holy shit, parasites have taken over there brain!'

Yeah, sometimes they have red eyes, plaid skin and some other issues such as head tentacles...but not all of them, and not instantly.

I wonder if Leon's shock was two fold. As mentioned, the guy was both the President and his friend, which is likely to give most people pause. But second of all - it shouldn't happen. The President was probably one of the first persons to get vaccinated against the t-virus, and while vaccines can fuck up and infect rather than protect, I'm guessing it's been a bit too long. So as far as Leon knew, what was happening was impossible. Of course, it obviously wasn't, but he didn't know the C-Virus existed yet.
                        Doesn't matter who he was, Leon was fully aware Adam is no longer Adam, both from experience and from just witnessing him feasting on a human being. The fact that he tried to reason with a ZOMBIE to tell him to stand back, is wrong in ever way imaginable for someone of his status. And the fact he didn't know of the C-Virus only makes things worse, because at the moment, this was the T-Virus for him. Adam showed and did NOTHING that was different from the zombies of RE2, DSC, or Degeneration. Nor did he show anything that gave Leon any hope of curing him. Marvin from RE2 had more reason to be told to stand back than Adam did.

Here's a good question to apply to Leon's situation.

If Jill never showed her P30 device and was seconds away from killing Sheva..... Would Chris let Sheva die? Or would he ultimately put Jill down?
                        Your what ifs have no credibility. What the hell does this even have to do with anything? LOLLL

There's nothing stupid in that scene. Leon is just confused by the situation because he didn't foresee that the President could become a zombie. He's talking to him because he's denying this situation and doesn't want to be responsible for the President's death as a zombie. Simple as that. Leon is not being naive. In theory, Leon should put a bullet in his head with no remorse, but considering the fact that the President is both his boss and friend since, let's say, 1998, it's not hard to picture Leon getting confused and having difficulties to put a bullet in this particular zombie. Experienced or not.

Capcom is certainly trying to show Leon as the naive character he was during RE2 with his RE6 self, but I don't think it's overdone and I think he knows more than what he actually shows. He's clearly wary of Helena, by telling her that she could say bye to her freedom if anything goes wrong.
                        Lol, what, the President is immune to becoming a zombie? LMAO
                        And doesn't change the fact he has no reason to talk to a zombie. He can hesitate all he wants, but talking to a zombie just shits over his past experiences.

And he knew nothing. He only says the freedom line BECAUSE Helena said "I did this" minutes before.

I'm sure people would rather Leon make a smart ass comment about shooting the President in the head and then shrug it off as he leaves but I'm..... Glad that didn't happen...

"Presidents... Guess after this there will be one less to worry about."
                        Quite frankly, I would have welcomed that with open arms instead of the shit we did get. Not only is that line actually true, but it's actually funny. (even though it still would have made no sense since they were "best friends")

Lol, just no. Capcom said they want to portray his RE2 character in more detail and more fleshed out. Leon has always been the naive, easily manipulated type of character. That's why his RE4 and Degen character failed because he was never made to be the cocky type, but rather the naive, good guy Joe (which he is in RE2 and now again in RE6).

And his "yeah I know" only shows that he is confused, he knows Carla/Ada are working for Neo Umbrella but he doesn't want Chris kill them like other Umbrella-workers and bioterrorists, but at the same time he doesn't want them completely free and able to do whatever they want. RE2 Leon right there, just as the developers promised.

Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
                        I'm betting Leon knows that Ada is innocent based on whatever video he sees in Tall Oaks and fakes his death (with Hunnigan's help) to hide from Simmons while trying to get back at him. Meanwhile, Chris has fallen for whatever ruse Simmons has Carla doing as Ada (who wouldn't if her doppleganger massacred your entire team??) . I almost think that Chris is the one who infects (probably inadvertently) China with the C-Virus.
                        We don't know whether Ada is completely innocent just yet. And he fakes his death from the feds because he killed the president, so he can fly to China without the feds following him there and making things harder. Why even mention he killed the president was a pretty stupid thing to do so early on, the communication must have been overheard by Simmons, and if not than it was Helena who told Simmons that the "work" had been done, framing Leon for the sake of her sister Debra's wellbeing.

Comment

Hilarious that people play a game and then think its so easy to go out and shoot someone in the head. I have spoken to army troops who have nightmares about killing out in Iraq and thats a country we are at war with and shooting at us and they still find it hard to kill. Thats people who are purposley trying to kill them and are not infected with some virus. If your longtime friend who helped you out gave you a job trusted you made you feel like part of the family and at the drop of a hat you would shoot him in the face. Well you have some issues then and I wouldnt like to be a friend of yours. I would pause untill the last possible second if it was someone I recognised never mind someone who was very close to me. Hell I may even shoot them in the leg and tie them up Red Dead Redemption style incase a cure is found.

Anyway enough of that I just want to say that I think Leon's campagin is looking very good, the over the top shooting style is abit iffy but hopefully its not enough to spoil his story. I really do wish that it would just be Leons campaign instead of the other two as well or if all 3 were this style but I wont dwell on that. I dont like bad mouthing this series cause I love it so you will only see me in this thread if I have something good to say about the game and thats why I am here now. I thought this demo looked brilliant. The atmosphere was outstanding it even had a jump out of me when the lighting and thunder crashed and Leon jumps, that was epic. I almost jumped when they found the girl to. More of this and I will give a big thumbs up to RE6.....Leons campaign of course. Also I thought Leons character was very very good, what an improvement on his personality since Degeneration. He actually has a brain and emotions now its great. The elevator scene was spooky as well when the lights went out and came back on to a shot of the girls teeth very Resident Evil 1 (The zombie that kills Kenneth) style. Got to appriciate the old school nostalgia in this demo. I pray there is more like this even if its just Leons campaign. It wouldnt be the worse thing for Capcom to throw some of this stuff into Chris and Jakes story as well. We have to have the action bits in Leons campaign so I think they can at least put some horror into Jake and Leons for us....even just a lil bit.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                            Hilarious that people play a game and then think its so easy to go out and shoot someone in the head. I have spoken to army troops who have nightmares about killing out in Iraq and thats a country we are at war with and shooting at us and they still find it hard to kill. Thats people who are purposley trying to kill them and are not infected with some virus. If your longtime friend who helped you out gave you a job trusted you made you feel like part of the family and at the drop of a hat you would shoot him in the face. Well you have some issues then and I wouldnt like to be a friend of yours. I would pause untill the last possible second if it was someone I recognised never mind someone who was very close to me. Hell I may even shoot them in the leg and tie them up Red Dead Redemption style incase a cure is found.

Anyway enough of that I just want to say that I think Leon's campagin is looking very good, the over the top shooting style is abit iffy but hopefully its not enough to spoil his story. I really do wish that it would just be Leons campaign instead of the other two as well or if all 3 were this style but I wont dwell on that. I dont like bad mouthing this series cause I love it so you will only see me in this thread if I have something good to say about the game and thats why I am here now. I thought this demo looked brilliant. The atmosphere was outstanding it even had a jump out of me when the lighting and thunder crashed and Leon jumps, that was epic. I almost jumped when they found the girl to. More of this and I will give a big thumbs up to RE6.....Leons campaign of course. Also I thought Leons character was very very good, what an improvement on his personality since Degeneration. He actually has a brain and emotions now its great. The elevator scene was spooky as well when the lights went out and came back on to a shot of the girls teeth very Resident Evil 1 (The zombie that kills Kenneth) style. Got to appriciate the old school nostalgia in this demo. I pray there is more like this even if its just Leons campaign. It wouldnt be the worse thing for Capcom to throw some of this stuff into Chris and Jakes story as well. We have to have the action bits in Leons campaign so I think they can at least put some horror into Jake and Leons for us....even just a lil bit.

Didn't even bother wasting my time reading past the first line to know that you have not the slightest clue what we're talking about. No one is saying anything about not shooting Adam instantly, we're talking about Leon trying to have a conversation with a zombie. Did you even read our posts properly?

Comment

You gonna fight the whole world while you're at it Elusion?

Comment

You gonna fight the whole world while you're at it Elusion?

Wish I had the time to, but nawwwwww.

Just a few of you in the bunch worth arguing with (if at all, considering most of you keep clinging onto the hesitation aspect whereas the argument is about an experienced agent conversing with zombies).

Comment

Working...
                                X