Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 6 collector's edition announced for Europe.

Mad Jackal

Default Resident Evil 6 collector's edition announced for Europe.

The collector's edition of Resident Evil 6 has been announced for Europe.

Quoting from capcom-europe.com

The Collector’s Edition contains the following:
    - Resident Evil 6 game
    - Zombie Steel Book
    - Exclusive Resident Evil 6 hardback artbook showing concept art from the game
    - Resident Evil 6 Avatar DLC code for 360 owners OR an RE6 Dynamic Theme for PS3 owners
    - Ivy University, Tall Oaks hooded sweatshirt (one size)
    - ‘The RE6 forces emblems’ – High quality enamelled zinc alloy emblems of the three main protagonists squad insignias, mounted and set in a limited numbered frame authenticated with signatures from Senior producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi, Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi and RE6 Director Eiichiro Sasaki. A must have piece for any fan of Resident Evil!
    - All of the above amazing goodies are bundled together in the lenticular ‘Needle Bomb’ collectors box (as seen in the RE6 announce trailer)
    As yet the only announced distributor is for the German market, which will be handled by Gamestop.
    Information is pending for the UK, France, Spain, Italy and Australia.

Name:  RE6_CE_beautyshot_ENG1.jpg
Views: 3079
Size:  96.7 KB

Additionally, a steelbook version of the game alone will also be available for order.

Start speculation as to what the other two forces are.... NOW!

Thanks to Vector for the tip!

Enjoy the swag all my friends overseas. You finally have a collector's edition to be proud of.

Mad Jackal

I wonder what size sweatshirt they predict the average RE(6) enthusiast will wear?
    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 06-25-2012 at 04:21 AM.

Overly Old School

Medium of course. One size fits no one but my wife.

Think I may just get this. Finally, I agree with Smiley - a collectors edition thats actually good in Europe.

It was bound to happen, but I'd say that it was a steady increase after Silent Hill Downpour and the MGS: HD Collection had more than what we got here.

My thoughts on this recent turn of events...

#49 Giant Majini

Ignore this, just read Capcom's actual page which stated it'll be specific retailers for all. Yes.... Ignore my ramblings. :p

Seeing as GAME managed to make a comeback in the UK and is paying for exclusives again, I expect there. And given the GameStop thing in Germany, most likely EB in Australia (and via proxy, NZ).
    Last edited by Rombie; 06-25-2012 at 07:00 AM.

DLC pre-order bonuses already announced/on sites, several of them including shopto, play, amazon, zavvi (everyone I presume). We get all 3 Mercs maps that in US are split between retailers.

Suck it, America!

I like this covermuch better.

Last edited by Dracarys; 06-25-2012 at 06:58 AM.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

#49 Giant Majini

Yeah, but that doesn't mean it'll be the only DLC. :p
    Last edited by Rombie; 06-25-2012 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rombie View Post
    Yeah, but that doesn't mean it'll be the only DLC. :p
    For pre-orders? I'm sure it will be, I cannot recall any retailer getting several sets of DLC except for when a deal falls through like ME3 not being stock by GAME, the bonus for that pre-order went to other sites including those with some already.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Looks great. Love the steelbook. Only question: why the zombie on it, when the major enemy in the game is the J'avo that all characters fight eventually. Can be just for the RE theme, but still blah.

#19 Crimson Head

Europe getting something decent from Capcom? Yeah, the world is gonna end for sure. Gonna switch my preorder to this as soon as Italy gets a confirmed retailer which will be Gamestop anyway.

That actually looks pretty awesome, I love the steel book art. Wonder if they'll release something similar over here in the states.

THIA Staff

Probably gonna be GameStop in the Nordic Countries too, but people "might" want to keep their regular version pre-orders too (and then either co-op it up with that extra copy or sell it on day 1) - I'm at least keeping my regular one (after confirming where the heck I can get one of those boxes from.)

Why keep the normal one too? Seems like the normal version "might" get the "Nordic Edition" treatment for the DLC maps here (and a similar "special edition" in some other regions too), since no local dealer wants to claim exclusivity for the DLC maps - resulting in a one-size-fits-all package with all of them in one (started happening with a lot of titles lately).

#19 Crimson Head

Hmmm I've found this one but it seems to be different than what announced here... Also ewww at the price :X
    I hope it's not exclusive to this retailer though because I'm not gonna preorder online for this game ;;

http://multiplayer.com/videogiochi/p...s-edition.html

Nothing from Gamestop yet in my country but I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have the CE available for RE6...

That price is horrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Hmmm I've found this one but it seems to be different than what announced here... Also ewww at the price :X
    I hope it's not exclusive to this retailer though because I'm not gonna preorder online for this game ;;

http://multiplayer.com/videogiochi/p...s-edition.html

Nothing from Gamestop yet in my country but I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have the CE available for RE6...
    This is a complete joke. Is Capcom really that desperate, or is the RE6 team full of money-hungry panting dogs? First the ridiculously overpriced crappy Leon jacket, and now this overpriced crap. Granted, the items look like they're made with value material (compared to the Chris mini action figure that came with RE5), but RE5's CE was very well reasonably priced at $90 if I remember correctly.

Smh, unless something really nice shows up, I'm just sticking with just the steelbook edition. Loved RE5's steelbook, and loving RE6's.
    Last edited by ElusionM; 06-25-2012 at 06:56 PM.

#19 Crimson Head

Quote Originally Posted by ElusionM View Post
    This is a complete joke. Is Capcom really that desperate, or is the RE6 team full of money-hungry panting dogs? First the ridiculously overpriced crappy Leon jacket, and now this overpriced crap. Granted, the items look like they're made with value material (compared to the Chris mini action figure that came with RE5), but RE5's CE was very well reasonably priced at $90 if I remember correctly.

Smh, unless something really nice shows up, I'm just sticking with just the steelbook edition. Loved RE5's steelbook, and loving RE6's.
    At this point I'm confused honestly. Either there are 2 different CEs or this website is just wrong about the whole thing. Still 200 € for a CE is crazy....

#49 Giant Majini

200 euro is about 315 dollars here. The most I have ever paid for a CE was 249 for Uncharted 3 which came in a woodentreasure case with a figure, ring, art materials, the $70 Piggyback collectors edition guide, 10 track soundtrack sampler and plus a pile of dlc content. That seemed worth it. If this thing is $300 there is no way I will get it. Needs more.

Do they really need to make so many different CE? The second one looks fake, not only because of the horrible price.
    I love the Steelbook art, the detailed picture looked like it's a sleeve?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information