Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6 collector's edition announced for Europe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 6 collector's edition announced for Europe.

The collector's edition of Resident Evil 6 has been announced for Europe.

Quoting from capcom-europe.com

The Collector’s Edition contains the following:
    - Resident Evil 6 game
    - Zombie Steel Book
    - Exclusive Resident Evil 6 hardback artbook showing concept art from the game
    - Resident Evil 6 Avatar DLC code for 360 owners OR an RE6 Dynamic Theme for PS3 owners
    - Ivy University, Tall Oaks hooded sweatshirt (one size)
    - ‘The RE6 forces emblems’ – High quality enamelled zinc alloy emblems of the three main protagonists squad insignias, mounted and set in a limited numbered frame authenticated with signatures from Senior producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi, Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi and RE6 Director Eiichiro Sasaki. A must have piece for any fan of Resident Evil!
    - All of the above amazing goodies are bundled together in the lenticular ‘Needle Bomb’ collectors box (as seen in the RE6 announce trailer)
    As yet the only announced distributor is for the German market, which will be handled by Gamestop.
    Information is pending for the UK, France, Spain, Italy and Australia.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RE6_CE_beautyshot_ENG1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	406096

Additionally, a steelbook version of the game alone will also be available for order.

Start speculation as to what the other two forces are.... NOW!

Thanks to Vector for the tip!
    sigpic

Enjoy the swag all my friends overseas. You finally have a collector's edition to be proud of.

Comment

I wonder what size sweatshirt they predict the average RE(6) enthusiast will wear?
      Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 06-25-2012, 04:21 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Medium of course. One size fits no one but my wife.

Comment

Think I may just get this. Finally, I agree with Smiley - a collectors edition thats actually good in Europe.

Comment

It was bound to happen, but I'd say that it was a steady increase after Silent Hill Downpour and the MGS: HD Collection had more than what we got here.

My thoughts on this recent turn of events...

Comment

Ignore this, just read Capcom's actual page which stated it'll be specific retailers for all. Yes.... Ignore my ramblings. :p

Seeing as GAME managed to make a comeback in the UK and is paying for exclusives again, I expect there. And given the GameStop thing in Germany, most likely EB in Australia (and via proxy, NZ).
              Last edited by Rombie; 06-25-2012, 07:00 AM.

Comment

DLC pre-order bonuses already announced/on sites, several of them including shopto, play, amazon, zavvi (everyone I presume). We get all 3 Mercs maps that in US are split between retailers.

Suck it, America!

I like this covermuch better.

Last edited by Dracarys; 06-25-2012, 06:58 AM.
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Yeah, but that doesn't mean it'll be the only DLC. :p
                  Last edited by Rombie; 06-25-2012, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                    Yeah, but that doesn't mean it'll be the only DLC. :p
                    For pre-orders? I'm sure it will be, I cannot recall any retailer getting several sets of DLC except for when a deal falls through like ME3 not being stock by GAME, the bonus for that pre-order went to other sites including those with some already.
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Looks great. Love the steelbook. Only question: why the zombie on it, when the major enemy in the game is the J'avo that all characters fight eventually. Can be just for the RE theme, but still blah.

Comment

Europe getting something decent from Capcom? Yeah, the world is gonna end for sure. Gonna switch my preorder to this as soon as Italy gets a confirmed retailer which will be Gamestop anyway.

Comment

That actually looks pretty awesome, I love the steel book art. Wonder if they'll release something similar over here in the states.

Comment

Probably gonna be GameStop in the Nordic Countries too, but people "might" want to keep their regular version pre-orders too (and then either co-op it up with that extra copy or sell it on day 1) - I'm at least keeping my regular one (after confirming where the heck I can get one of those boxes from.)

Why keep the normal one too? Seems like the normal version "might" get the "Nordic Edition" treatment for the DLC maps here (and a similar "special edition" in some other regions too), since no local dealer wants to claim exclusivity for the DLC maps - resulting in a one-size-fits-all package with all of them in one (started happening with a lot of titles lately).

Comment

Hmmm I've found this one but it seems to be different than what announced here... Also ewww at the price :X
                              I hope it's not exclusive to this retailer though because I'm not gonna preorder online for this game ;;

http://multiplayer.com/videogiochi/p...s-edition.html

Nothing from Gamestop yet in my country but I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have the CE available for RE6...

Comment

Working...
                              X