Resident Evil 6 demo now available for Xbox 360 owners of Dragon's Dogma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 6 demo now available for Xbox 360 owners of Dragon's Dogma

Just a quick heads up that the Resident Evil 6 demo is now up on the Xbox 360 for Dragon's Dogma owners!

Oh... right; we've got a bit of a live stream going too (no people talkin' yet, though)

[edit]
    Might stream some more sometime later - with a co-op partner and stuff.

[edit2]
    General thoughts and impressions so far
    Last edited by Carnivol; 07-03-2012, 02:27 PM.

COOL COOL COOL!
    Thanks for sharing man, I'll be watching

Comment

Found a link to the demo (i think). Have not tested it but will probably work like RE5 demo did.
      MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Must keep folder structure when putting it on disc/flash.

Comment

Originally posted by Orin View Post
        Found a link to the demo (i think). Have not tested it but will probably work like RE5 demo did.
        MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

It does indeed work, there is no DRM on the demo. Here's a tutorial I wrote up for those who have never used flash drives for demos on 360;

1.) Get a flash drive at least 1 gig.
        2.) Format as fat32
        3.) Put in 360, go to storage, set it up via the 360 as a flash drive for the Xbox (it does some formatting here).
        4.) Download XTAF at http://digiex.net/downloads/download...f-v44-new.html and open it, inserting your drive back into computer.

5.) Go to "File" and either manually open the USB drive or find the first USB drive. Right click the data partition shown above and make a new folder called "Content". With the Content folder highlighted, right-click a blank area to the right, choose Inject Folder.
        6.) Select your RE6 extracted folder, starting with the 000000000000000 folder.
        7.) Wait for program to unfreeze so you know that it's done.
        8.) Right click "00.." folder and change to 16 zeroes.
        9.) Go to File from the Menu Bar and unconnect the drive.
        10.) Insert in 360, copy to your 360 HDD, play!

You can also do it with a prog called Horizon, but I found this one to be easier. Enjoy!
        If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

What the fuck is Carn playing?
          sigpic

Comment

Ahah. When I'd gone through the RE6 demo 4 times on each scenario (twice with each char), I ended up taking a break and then streamed some Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise for Wii. If you're a PAL Wii owner and haven't pre-ordered it yet; do it

Comment

This game is awesome. I really like Leon's part and was also pleasantly surprised with the other two campaigns as well. I had a little trouble adjusting to the controls because I expected it to be RE4/5 style. After adjusting though, I can definitely say that these are way better and moving while aiming is a welcome addition to the main series.

Comment

Getting the demo now, can't wait to get onto it haha. Also nice choice Carn, Rhythm Paradise is beast. <3
                Shall post my thoughts when I get on it and play it a couple of times, does anyone know if the demo has local co-op?

Comment

Originally posted by Orin View Post

Originally posted by romis138 View Post
                  It does indeed work, there is no DRM on the demo. Here's a tutorial I wrote up for those who have never used flash drives for demos on 360;

Enjoy!

I love you guys . . .

(although I do prefer Horizon tbh)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid Cheese View Post
                    I love you guys . . .

(although I do prefer Horizon tbh)
                    Couldn´t agree more! Thank you! My xbox360 was off for a about a year and now, after installing the demo I must sit here and wait for all the updates to load. *waits patiently*

Comment

Hey, I tried the tutorial, and I got as far as downloading the demo on my hard drive- after that, it said that the demo couldn't play after abruptly stopping.

Here's where I think it went wrong- when you say change the folder that says "00.." to 16 zeros, do you mean the overriding folder (already has 16 zeros) or "00080000"?

Comment

Just use Horizon if you're having trouble with romis' method. Use the "Device Explorer" on the right side of the menu to automatically download the demo files into your 360-formatted USB's "Demo" folder and you're done.

CNET Download provides free downloads for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices across all categories of software and apps, including security, utilities, games, video and browsers
                        Last edited by biohazard_star; 07-08-2012, 01:13 AM.
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

Thanks, I'll give that one a shot and report.

EDIT: Horizon didn't work either. Am I missing something here? I get as far as "Play demo" on the dashboard, it starts up, and it just brings me back.
                          Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 07-09-2012, 12:39 AM.

Comment

I believe you need the latest Dashboard to run the demo.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                              Thanks, I'll give that one a shot and report.

EDIT: Horizon didn't work either. Am I missing something here? I get as far as "Play demo" on the dashboard, it starts up, and it just brings me back.
                              I didn't change anything at all and it worked (the 16 zeros were already present ) . I also updated the xbox software.

Comment

Working...
                              X