Resident Evil 6 to contain over 4 hours of cutscenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 6 to contain over 4 hours of cutscenes

Resident Evil 6 has been granted an 18 certificate by the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC), but the real interesting news is that the ratings body also said that the title features 4 hours and 15 minutes of cutscenes.

Source
    sigpic

Update: Capcom says the BBFC length for RE6 includes the death scenes and is "is not an accurate representation of the actual cinematic cut-scene total."?

Update from Capcom regarding cutscene length.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
      http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...cutscenes.aspx

Update from Capcom regarding cutscene length.
      It was too good to be truth, I suppose.

Comment

Even if you cut the death scenes that's still a lot anyway.
        And it's likely without Ada's scenario because it's DLC so...

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing some video footage of death scenes, but you can bet that most of those cutscenes will be action and drama scenes. Oh Resident Evil/Biohazard, how I weep for you. I feel so bad that Capcom is ruining your name. But seriously though, I'm done with Resident Evil. Really. I only hang around to see the day 1.5 is leaked. Once I play 1.5, I no longer have a reason to hang around here. It's okay if people have a legit and sincere interest in RE6, but if you are a hardcore fan that is truly disappointed with what Capcom has done with this series, you shouldn't support it. They have literally come out and admitted that they DON'T CARE what their fans think, as long as what they put out is bringing them in MONEY. And while money is important in the business, a blatant disregard for the base that made your series successful in the first place is the ultimate slap in the face. So if money truly is their #1 priority, as a gamer you have to realize why you play. If you're looking for a game in a specific design, and you are simply not getting it, then it is time to work on a way to getting what you want, even if it means doing it yourself. That includes working on a game yourself, or getting together with a team, or starting your own small game company and putting what you want out. Money isn't everything, and for Capcom to pretty much just lay it on the line like that, I no longer respect them.

What are people going to do when the world economy collapses? When there is no more money? They are going to keep saying that it is all about the money? Stop supporting a company that doesn't care about what you want. They are greedy, and they have made it clear that they are not going to change the direction of the series to suit the fans that made their series what it is.

When they first said "Action Route Makes Sense" and "Trying to appeal to Call of Duty fans", that was the end for Resident Evil for me. I bought Revelations and was somewhat pleased with it. So there was hope. But when they pulled this crap with 6. Fuck that.

We are now in the age where almost anybody can make their own games now. Look at the modding that is going on with Resident Evil 2 by MartinBiohazard. We don't need Capcom anymore. And I respect MartinBiohazard for what he is doing. The new age of independency is here. Let's make the "Resident Evil" type of games that we DO want. And not this 3D action/drama crap that Capcom is forcing down our throats. They can only force it down your throat if you let them.

Don't like what the series has become, don't put your money toward it. It is that simple. RE5 is the first RE game that I never bought or played, because I was extremely annoyed at the direction they chose to go in. And they haven't learned one bit. This series is dead to me.

Sorry, just had to let that out. It's really sad to see people praise this game and kiss this game's ass, when so many complained about the action direction that 5 went it. They are RUINING this series. Plain and simple. Let this series be put to rest already.
          Last edited by RetroRain; 07-11-2012, 01:46 PM.
          My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
          ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

ur right retrorain dude. but, there is a faint light which makes u insist with this crap RE style, maybe the characters.

is it true even in the action style capcom still doing a bad work, with this zoomed camera(technically low FOV )for example.

there is a important reason the stay with the saga, it is watch what they gonna do after RE6: there are no place for another RE1,2,3,4,CV,5 re-release and re-interpretation;

anyway, RE is dead for me after they scrapped 3.5, but i was a child and waiting for RE4 so much so i really liked the final game, but now i have more time to "think" my life, and i think RE is ruined. RE5, even like a action game, it is ordinary... not an impressive graphics(a mix of low and high textures), not an impressive story, not an impressive gameplay.

and i only play operation raccoon because when i get tired of increasing my 800hours in l4d2, i want to kill zombies in another point of view(the Sci Fi visual of REORC).

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
              but, there is a faint light which makes u insist with this crap RE style, maybe the characters.
              I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not insisting on this crap RE style at all. And it has nothing to do with the characters either. I said a long time ago, before they even showed RE6, that they should use an all-new cast for RE6. Bring back the horror, bring in an all-new cast. Much like when they were developing RE2, they said that they needed a new cast because Chris and Jill already experienced the horror so they wouldn't be as afraid the second time around. How many times are they going to use the same characters over and over again? Leon went through hell in RE2 and RE4, and now he is going through it third time? How realistic is that? They closed the original story at the end of RE5, from what I heard, so I don't see why they couldn't use a new cast for RE6. Even if it was simply new BSAA members, much like Parker in Revelations.

Because there is simply SO MUCH FUN in doing nothing but running and shooting Ganados/Majini. And yes, they are either one of those. Them telling us that they are zombies that can use weapons is a bunch of a shit. They are using WORDS to appeal to the old-school fans, but the fact is they are Ganados/Majini with different skins, that's all.

They should scrap this damn game and start all over, because much like they said about RE 1.5, "it's not Resident Evil".
              My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
              ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Working...
              X