No announcement yet.

The 'Batman massacre"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media loves to short stroke this stuff, love to make snap judgements on this stuff even more.

Comment

You're going to argue about America's exclusive love of violence....while we're ALL in a Resident Evil forum, fans of a pretty gory game series?

Spoiler:

Also, love of violence? Not exactly a cultural thing. Try human nature. I love how people can't accept that this was one insane individual working on his own. Of course we HAVE to turn it into an argument about guns or use it as an excuse to generalize countries.
      Last edited by Inferno04; 07-28-2012, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
        You're going to argue about America's exclusive love of violence....while we're ALL in a Resident Evil forum, fans of a pretty gory game series?
        I've been debating bringing up this point for about a week now. Thank you.

Comment

I think there's a difference between real and simulated violence though. I watched Kick-Ass yesterday. I certainly wouldn't have been as entertained seeing a pre-teen girl murder hordes of armed men and being beaten in real life. Didn't find it that entertaining in the movie, either, but I didn't get the same sick feeling I do when I hear about stuff like this.

Of course, I actively try to avoid the news because it's usually depressing as hell and only has half the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
            Your crude generalization of people in the country is your opinion and all, but the fact that you're saying everyone here in general loves to hear horrible stories about people being murdered by lunatics like Holmes is utterly asinine.
            I never said "everyone."

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
            If you had said that the media loves to hear about people dying in tragic ways, I would have agreed with you 100%, but people in general? Not at all.
            The media is only reporting things that will give them ratings. If people didn't watch the news, the media would stop the over-dramatization of these kinds of stories. As much as the media is in the wrong, the general public are the reason they do what they do.

Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
            It's fiction. We all know that it's different.
            Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Cant you actually legally own a gun here in the UK anyway? its just damn hard to get one. I seem to remember a friend of my dads used to go hunting.

Comment

It's possible, but much more difficult. You have to have a reason beyond self defense (usually hunting, target-shooting or farming) and as I understand it, a lot of background checks and spot checks when you have them.

Comment

What Darkmoon says id basically the deal in Norway too. Along with also needing a secure gunrack/cabinet to lock both gun and ammo in.
                  And, oh, right. A security/safety course and diploma for passing the dipshit test.

Comment

James Holmes has been formally charged with 24 counts of murder, 116 counts of attempted murder.

Comment

Working...
                    X