No announcement yet.

Breaking Bad Discussion **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Felt more like a season finale than a series finale. Pretty meh if you ask me.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah people are saying that gun device was sort of a throwback to that time Jesse asked Walt to make a robot "to get them out of there" (the desert).

It's strange how Walt, Jesse and Dexter all look similar in their finales. Though only Jesse and Dexter get involved with woodworking it seems It's like when Armageddon and Deep Impact were both released at the same time, only this time woodworking idea kinda sucks.

Anyways, the writers have said they came up with another ending where everybody dies except Walt (yep even his family). Personally, I would of preferred that ending. That would of been god damn memorable..

Comment

Many TV Series and Movies have had alternate endings and alternate story paths written in early scripts or even filmed that could have been amazing, but they decided not to take those paths, and ended up with either a mediocre show / movie or a mediocre finale.

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
          Anyways, the writers have said they came up with another ending where everybody dies except Walt (yep even his family). Personally, I would of preferred that ending. That would of been god damn memorable..
          wow, if that had happened then it was all for what--considering walt was on his deathbed anyway. that type of ending did cross my mind though, it would've been crazy lol.

do you think he had long to live if he wasn't shot up in the end?
          i know him being heisenberg made him feel more alive because as soon as he was trying to get out of the meth life his cancer returned

Comment

It's strange how Walt, Jesse and Dexter all look similar in their finales. Though only Jesse and Dexter get involved with woodworking it seems It's like when Armageddon and Deep Impact were both released at the same time, only this time woodworking idea kinda sucks.
            That was a nice flashback sequence, to when Jesse mentioned having crafted the woodwork and that he felt proud about taking the time to do so... only to turn right around, and trade it for an ounce of weed.

I think that memory was definitely connected to how he got to where he was in life, and was fitted into the sequence very well (basically, thinking about how much 'easier' life was/could have been [...]).

Eh... that's a bit much. I definitely wouldn't have preferred that ending... or any other ending, for that matter.

Originally posted by SinValentine View Post
            do you think he had long to live if he wasn't shot up in the end?
            i know him being heisenberg made him feel more alive because as soon as he was trying to get out of the meth life his cancer returned
            If Jesse hadn't killed him, the cops would have caught up to him... and he sure as hell wouldn't commit to suicide.

Even if he got away, he still wouldn't have anything to live for. It's not like he had another $10,000 to spend for just a couple hours of someone else's time.

There was really no other way for him.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

How do we know Walt didn't die in the cabin? You could say the snowy scenic area of New Hampshire was analogous to heaven (white). Walt mentioned dying there. The holding area he briefly shared with Saul was purgatory. The propane container he arrived in, hell. There were religious references (praying to god) and miracles (the keys, machine gun magically hitting everyone without jamming, everything working out as he planned).. Todd saying "Jesus, Mr. White" before dying.. Maybe Felina was just his dream.

Just kidding of course But an interesting theory for those not happy with the ending

And an article on why it should of ended with Ozymandias.. http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/...zymandias.html

Comment

Looks like I'm not the only one who had a theory about this! http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/10/nor...-breaking-bad/ I didn't read his tweets before I posted my one though

Walt's appearance back in New Mexico is sort of ghost-like at times, watching from a distance..

Comment

I'll quote a Huffington Post commenter, here:

It is over. It was done very well. There is no need to discuss "what-ifs"

Let it go. It was the best series on TV for years. No need for anything else.
                  I'm a blackstar.

Comment

No need for anything else? Psh.. there is a need for... Metástasis!

Time to dust off that Spanish dictionary - this is the real Breaking Bad guys, not that phony crap we just saw..

Comment

...and it just keeps on...

Vince Gilligan: The 'Breaking Bad' Finale Was Not A Dream
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

There is an upcoming spin off of Breaking Bad down the road, based on the lawyer Saul Goodman, "Better Call Saul"

Comment

I was writing a little "one year after" Breaking Bad summary, and came back to this thread. A lot of good info here. Good times! I really don't think we'll see a TV show like this again. Is it too soon to rewatch it? I honestly haven't seen any Breaking Bad for a year or so!

Comment

I was writing a little "one year after" Breaking Bad summary, and came back to this thread. A lot of good info here. Good times! I really don't think we'll see a TV show like this again. Is it too soon to rewatch it? I honestly haven't seen any Breaking Bad for a year or so!
                            I've been watching the Breaking Bad Binge on Sunday nights... but I turn it to Ray Donovan at 9.

Breaking Bad just doesn't hold the magic that it once did. Perhaps it is too soon to rewatch, personally, or maybe knowing what happens spoils the overall experience.

I dunno... but this show will probably stand the test of time.
                            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                              I've been watching the Breaking Bad Binge on Sunday nights... but I turn it to Ray Donovan at 9.

Breaking Bad just doesn't hold the magic that it once did. Perhaps it is too soon to rewatch, personally, or maybe knowing what happens spoils the overall experience.

I dunno... but this show will probably stand the test of time.
                              That's a bummer. Then next time I'll try to watch it together with someone who hasn't seen it before, usually that makes it more interesting..

I guess there's also Better Call Saul, that will be shown next year I think, will be interesting to see if it retains the magic of BB!

Comment

On the subject of future TV shows, look what's coming in 2016..

Comment

Working...
                                X