Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Discussion **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Default Breaking Bad Discussion **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

I am a huge Breaking Bad fan, and I just now realized that some of you might be as well. Let us discuss one of the greatest shows of our time! There may be spoilers at any time for those of you who don't watch the shows as they air, or via the internet.... So you've been warned. I'll start with tonight's episode... Those who don't want to know, LOOK AWAY!

Spoiler:

#55 Oswell E. Spencer Wrathborne's Avatar

Poor Walter, hes turning into Gordon Freeman.

I love Breaking Bad, it's a great show. But I don't think things will end up well for Walter... He now acts like a total asshole who's filled with pride, confidence and who thinks he's superior to everyone else since what happened after the end of the last season. It's gonna backfire badly I think.

I can't wait for the next episodes, and it's a good thing they split the new season in two parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hunter View Post
    I love Breaking Bad, it's a great show. But I don't think things will end up well for Walter... He now acts like a total asshole who's filled with pride, confidence and who thinks he's superior to everyone else since what happened after the end of the last season. It's gonna backfire badly I think.

I can't wait for the next episodes, and it's a good thing they split the new season in two parts.
    I disagree... I don't want to wait A WHOLE YEAR for the end of this. xD The year-long post season breaks kill me.

As for Walter, the power (he thinks he possesses) has gone to his head. He's seriously jeopardizing their operation... and Mike doesn't take too kindly to people messing with the operation. Also, I'm going to call it now; Pinkman and Lydia, the chick at Madrigal, are going to be an item at the end of this series. I can almost guarantee it.
    Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 08-07-2012 at 03:41 PM.

For British Eyes Only

Yo, Mr. White. Bitch!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aris13 View Post
    Yo, Mr. White. Bitch!!!!
    Yeah BITCH! SCIENCE!

Optic Camouflage

I hope Skyler dies somehow. Hate that bitch. ANTI-HERO FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    Yeah, she was all gun-ho about this when the money was sitting in her basement... then she sees the REALITY of it all, and suddenly "it's not safe!" -_-;

I don't know if I've ever seen a better show than this one. I am on the edge of my seat waiting for Sunday! It's going to be the shit, I guarantee!

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    Sigh. I will never get this. Everybody always hates the only rational person in a show about a bad guy. It's the same thing with Rita in Dexter. She was constantly nagging to Dexter because he actually was being a horrible, careless and irresponsable husband, but everyone was ranting on how he should kill her not caring at all if that was out of charackter for Dexter or not.

Skyler is afraid and has a lot to worry about. It's a huge weight on her shoulders and there's no going back. Why would anyone want her dead? She is suffering a lot. Why kill her off then?

*Breaths life into thread*

IT IS UPON US!! So excited for Breaking Bad, I hope it lives up to last season.
    Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 06-30-2013 at 01:16 AM.

THIA Staff

2013's been a good television year so far (and seems to be rolling further with that)

It's a bit far... but closer than heaven!

i've finally caught up on all seasons of this show --barring the last episode lol

i'm so curious how it'll all end, the twists are awesome! i heard they're going to make a saul goodman show later on too, wonder how that'll be... i'm guessing it'll be really good or really bad lol

THIA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by SinValentine View Post
    i've finally caught up on all seasons of this show --barring the last episode lol
    After seeing that last episode I think Breaking Bad is a good example of a flawless TV series, if there ever is/was such a thing, at least in its execution. Though the last three episodes may ultimately change that impression. We'll see. I started watching this show very early on before most people due to a recommendation from a friend, quite relieved to see how well the show turned out. Though it's a little TOO popular.. luckily I think they finished it before the whole pleasing the mainstream audience set in, so I don't hold much hope for Saul's spin off.

Walter's arc from normal dude to "true Heisenberg" is astounding, and literally takes place right in front of you rather than in-between seasons. I felt a lot of emotions similar to real life experiences while watching the last couple of episodes which makes it quite impressive indeed. I was skeptical about Jesse's BS, but the last few episodes make it clear exactly what he is - and Walt says that to his face. I really hope Jesse dies but who knows

It's certainly better than Dexter, where the only good thing are the teasers which hype everything up and make it look good. The problem with Dexter is he became a normal guy (well almost), not the formidable dark shadow guy creeping around with his syringe and black gloves. Season 1 and 2 was quite a vivid imagining of the darkness of death - the show now reminds me of something like Monk, nothing wrong with that but that's like something you would watch in a retirement home to cheer you up. WTF happened I don't know but I blame both the writers and actors. Lazy acting from Michael C Hall in the final season like he don't give a shit anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Scream View Post
    Lazy acting from Michael C Hall in the final season like he don't give a shit anymore.
    After 8 years with the writing going down hill, would you?

#41 Kipepeo

Several years ago, I had a choice to make.

In one hand, was Dexter, who I came to know and love through 4 seasons of epic drama and story-telling. On the other hand, was Breaking Bad, which aired in the same time frame, but had equally impressive story-telling. Dexter was dark and familiar, whereas Breaking Bad was raw and shameless.

Confident that Breaking Bad was heading toward a multi-season arc after the first, I made the choice to stick with Dexter, unwilling to get involved in another television drama.

I made the wrong choice.

Sometime within the past year or so, I made a post on this forum about a song that I was listening to - Peter Schilling's "Major Tom" - when someone replied to my comment with something to the effect of "I remember that from Breaking Bad". I had no clue what that person was talking about, had only assumed the song was featured somewhere in the Breaking Bad story line.

I have since purchased and binge-watched every season of Breaking Bad on DVD (that was a very intense week!). I laughed at the black humor, cried with Walt's character when he made the choices he had to make in order to survive, and felt that my purchase was very well justified.

In the words of Ol' Dirty Bastard, 'Ohh, baby, I like it raw'.

This show has everything I'd ever come to expect from sensational, quality television, and then some. The acting is superb and very well deserving of it's many awards. The characters are convincing, the story is interesting and the emotions I get from watching leave me fiending for another fix like a junkie. Somehow, I always manage to be surprised, even if I'm pretty certain that I know what's going to happen.

As for Dexter, what a monumental let-down. I get 'it' - Dexter went from monster to human... but, the producers/writers flat-out said they don't care about the fans, so fuck 'em.

I am both happy and sad to be a part of Breaking Bad fandom, even more melancholy to see it go... but, as it was best said, "All bad things must come to an end."

That said, I'm still wishing for Walter White to succeed. No matter what, no matter how many people have to die, he deserves his goddamned victory... not sure what that says about me, or society for that matter, but I stand by his character.
    Last edited by MarkGrass; 09-14-2013 at 10:08 PM.
    I'm a blackstar.

THIA Staff

I think something was wrong with Dexter (the show) behind the scenes and not just the writers. They seemed a rather unprofessional bunch compared to Breaking Bad..

This image explains all... "did he lie 2.0" rofl, an apt name for Dexter's CSI-like computer programs

It's a bit far... but closer than heaven!

wow, did you guys get to see last night's episode yet?

THIA Staff

Yes, it was f***ing awesome. Just keeps rolling on..

Spoiler:

Haha, Ghost Gale.

I feel sorry for Jesse, sure he was annoying, stupid and half the times him and Walt had a problem it'd be his fault, but becoming a slave for the neo-nazis is fucked up. And man, they do try to make you cheer for Walter even after all he's done, like, he's begging them to spare Hank he's not a bad pers- Oh wait, he is.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information