Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: There are too many sensitive moderators

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    390

    Default There are too many sensitive moderators

    Seriously, am I that controversial that my post have to be deleted? I try to post on some threads and it prevents me from doing so? I see why so many left this site, it is very annoying. I do not use bad language, I do not post pornographic images or links to sites like that, I do not threaten to kill anyone, What is up with these moderators? We play VIOLENT games. In Resident Evil Games you blow off the heads of zombies, stomp on their heads, and other violent stuff. WHy are these moderators so SENSITIVE?

    And I think I made my mark on the resident evil community with my maps too! I see them on youtube and in google searches. Some were accurate, some were close, and others were made up. So to treat me like I am just coming here to start trouble, you are wrong. Everyone has an opinion on something.Some reason my opinions annoy the moderatos, I guess I OFFEND them because Alzaire is their friend. Well, you know what, I use to think he was mine, but I guess I was wrong. Anyway, Get over yourselves,you are not that special. We all like to joke and have fun and share our opinions. And we get into disagreements. And yes it is ridiculous when the argument last 4 pages. Some people just are PIG HEADED.

    And on another note, I did want to work on projects with Alzaire, but since I had to work full time I had no time for it.But now that I work part time, I can spare some time. So I am working on my own thing which I told Alzaire in an email. If it didn't go through I don't know. And I do intend to create something to show everyone. For free of course.

  2. #2
    THIA Staff

    Carnivol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Confirmed
    Posts
    4,843

    Default

    I think part of the "problem" is (and always has been) that you straight out make people uncomfortable with theway you quite literally conjure fantasies about people and their daily lives, some of it with horrifyingly alarming stalker-like tendencies and such.

  3. #3
    Overly Old School
    Darkmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Far too close for anyone's comfort.
    Posts
    7,885

    Default

    Since you're mostly talking about me, as far as I can tell...you're not controversial. Your post was spam - after I warned you lot about it - and I decided to be nice and simply delete it, rather than giving you an infraction. It added nothing to the thread other than bringing back up an argument I'd already stopped, and had no intention of allowing to continue. If you don't like it...there's Carn. Feel free to complain about me.

    And yes, I don't like that you're calling Alzaire a liar. I'm friends with him, and I find it incredibly rude given you, honestly, are not trusted enough to know a fraction of what's going on in the 1.5 stuff that you somehow know better than everyone else. I don't like you, partially because of that and the Alzaire looking like he has cancer comment (if you actually knew the guy, you'd also know why that was exceptionally shitty) and partially for some of your other posts but, equally, I didn't stop you posting your opinion. I did ask that, out of respect for the two men who've worked harder than anyone else to bring us 1.5 that you stop claiming they secretly have copies without actual proof, but I didn't stop you posting, and didn't give you an infraction. Again, if you feel I somehow misbehaved, there's Carn. Feel free to make a complaint.

    I'll allow a certain leeway in topics to discuss tangents or even have a bit of fun. What I don't allow is pointless arguments where people are insulting each other. Those I delete, and give infractions as I deem fit. I'm not special - but I am trusted to do that, and I've been doing it a long, long time. Again, don't like it? Feel free to make a complaint.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carnivol View Post
    I think part of the "problem" is (and always has been) that you straight out make people uncomfortable with theway you quite literally conjure fantasies about people and their daily lives, some of it with horrifyingly alarming stalker-like tendencies and such.
    Stalker? I think you are smoking something, because like I said I joke around. I hope everyone here isn't as serious as you are. I like people with a sense of humor which the moderators seem to have none.

    And about Alzaire, that last time I had seen his picture he looked healthy. And when I saw that picture I said he looked like he has cancer because he really looked sick. I don't understand why you take it as a personal attack against him. I just saying he looked that bad. If he does have cancer, I hope he gets better.

    When I was adding a new comment on another thread, it was blocked? I thought this was an open forum but you love to sensor me Darkmoon. Censoring people makes them think this is not really an open forum, just controlled by the moderators. You are angry because Alzaire is your friend, and you feel I called him a liar, which I didn't, now you have to get revenge on me every time I post something.

    I know Alzaire doesn't have RE1.5, DUH! The only time he responded is when I mention being banned from bioflames, for accusing inflames. I said what others were afraid to say, that is the way I am,and not apologizing for being inquisitive.

    The only reason I wrote this thread is because it is really annoying to get bullied by the moderators, and it is bullying because ganging up on one person because you disagree with them is not fair. You don't like me and I don't like you, but my comments shouldn't be deleted because you didn't like what I said. And I am not talking about replying over and over like and argument with another member.

  5. #5
    Overly Old School
    Darkmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Far too close for anyone's comfort.
    Posts
    7,885

    Default

    It's not called 'bullying'. It's called 'being made to follow the rules.' It's nothing to do with what they say - I'd have deleted a lot of your posts if that was the sole criteria - but whether they're spam. But, as you wish. Instead of deleting your spam posts I'll give you infractions.

    Here's the post in question, from this - http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...lla-Labs/page2 - topic, for the curious;

    I didn't realized(yes with a "z" and not an "s") I missed this comment. But, I was joking. There are too many Dull people on this site. I miss the time when people actually laughed at things and didn't get so ANGRY!

    OH LORD, WHAT KIND OF WORLD DO WE LIVE IN WHEN PEOPLE DON'T LAUGH ANYMORE!
    As you can see in the post above, I'd asked our kind members to stop messing around and stay on topic. Hence why it was deleted.

    I have no idea why you can't post in this thread - http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...-1-5-experts-D - but it's not locked and never has been, as far as I can tell. Which is, as far as I know, the only way to stop people from posting in a thread. I'm certainly not censoring you. I don't really need to. I simply asked that you stopped accusing Alzaire (which you did) and Inflames (which you're still doing) of something unless you have actual proof.

    This thread was pointless. You wanted to make a complaint about my actions, or another member of staffs? Then you should have made a complaint.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    390

    Default

    I just stated that I was joking. And then what I wrote at the bottom, I was joking too. You must really be a dead head if you didn't find that funny? Well, I feel like I had to say what needed to be said and I am satisfied. I think it is good to laugh and not take things too seriously.

  7. #7
    #34 Grave Digger AsteroidBlues's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    1,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black~Crow View Post
    Stalker? I think you are smoking something, because like I said I joke around. I hope everyone here isn't as serious as you are. I like people with a sense of humor which the moderators seem to have none.

    The only reason I wrote this thread is because it is really annoying to get bullied by the moderators, and it is bullying because ganging up on one person because you disagree with them is not fair. You don't like me and I don't like you, but my comments shouldn't be deleted because you didn't like what I said. And I am not talking about replying over and over like and argument with another member.
    Speaking as a third party, I have to agree that your actions (on occasion) do display certain 'stalker' like qualities. I've been party to many of your threads and discussions, and as far as I can tell, your posts have remained mostly intact not including the handful of posts that got deleted due too not following the rules. If all of this "Censoring" was truly taking place, this thread would have disappeared and Darkmoon would have slinked off into the night, twisting his handlebar mustache whilst cackling maniacally. And on a personal note, I think Carnivol is a rather humorous old bastard. ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by Black~Crow View Post
    I just stated that I was joking. And then what I wrote at the bottom, I was joking too. You must really be a dead head if you didn't find that funny? Well, I feel like I had to say what needed to be said and I am satisfied. I think it is good to laugh and not take things too seriously.
    This is all well and good, laughing. But when it's at the expense of following the rules, it doesn't make it alright. I'm not exactly the BEST behaved on this forum, I've probably been frivolous and off topic many a time (Blame my roguish nature), but I know that there is a line that you do not cross. That line is formed by rules and they are there for a reason; to keep things civil, respectable and SAFE so YOU can have a pleasant discussion without being subjected to trolls and porn raids. You were told by a moderator to stay strictly on topic, under the authority of the RULES- Not because he/she has a vendetta against you. I'll even quote the rule...

    Spam is discouraged, as it tends to clutter a topic or the forum. Make sure what you are posting is relevant to the thread youíre posting in, or when posting a new thread make sure itís under the correct category. Spam is generally considered to be an excess of irrelevant posts, or ones advertising something.
    Darkmoon, or any other mod, would have done the same thing to me if I acted in such a manner by ignoring a clear warning. Calling a Moderator a 'dead head' just because he/she does his/her job (for free, I might add) shows a gross lack of gratitude and a blatant disrespect for the rules.
    Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 08-08-2012 at 12:54 AM.

  8. #8
    Overly Old School
    Darkmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Far too close for anyone's comfort.
    Posts
    7,885

    Default

    I did consider pointing out that if I was censoring things, this topic would be locked/deleted but honestly...it was late, and I was only on because my youngest son was teething. So I missed things.

    You never made it clear, Black Crow, that you were joking. You could have said after I asked once. You decided to claim you're having tea with Alzaire instead. All I did was say you're wrong, I know more about this than you do and unless you have some evidence don't post it because it's calling two very good guys liars. At no point did I edit your posts, delete your posts or stop you posting (whatever stopped you posting, it doesn't seem to have been a mod or admin here).

    Again, I am vaguely irritated you've decided to drag all the dirty laundry out here rather than reporting this, in private, so it could have been dealt with quickly. I'm also kinda pissed off, now that I think about it, that you decided to try dragging the whole moderator team through the mud rather than just me, the guy you actually had an issue with. I would strongly suggest making a formal complaint to Carnivol rather than continuing to yell, as everyone can see exactly what happened and your side of the story now, and can make there own decisions about how horrible a person, censoring your right to spam, I am.

    Oh man, I haven't had to right that since Resident Evil Extreme tried to invade the board ten odd years ago...

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
    Speaking as a third party, I have to agree that your actions (on occasion) do display certain 'stalker' like qualities. I've been party to many of your threads and discussions, and as far as I can tell, your posts have remained mostly intact not including the handful of posts that got deleted due too not following the rules. If all of this "Censoring" was truly taking place, this thread would have disappeared and Darkmoon would have slinked off into the night, twisting his handlebar mustache whilst cackling maniacally. And on a personal note, I think Carnivol is a rather humorous old bastard. ;)



    This is all well and good, laughing. But when it's at the expense of following the rules, it doesn't make it alright. I'm not exactly the BEST behaved on this forum, I've probably been frivolous and off topic many a time (Blame my roguish nature), but I know that there is a line that you do not cross. That line is formed by rules and they are there for a reason; to keep things civil, respectable and SAFE so YOU can have a pleasant discussion without being subjected to trolls and porn raids. You were told by a moderator to stay strictly on topic, under the authority of the RULES- Not because he/she has a vendetta against you. I'll even quote the rule...



    Darkmoon, or any other mod, would have done the same thing to me if I acted in such a manner by ignoring a clear warning. Calling a Moderator a 'dead head' just because he/she does his/her job (for free, I might add) shows a gross lack of gratitude and a blatant disrespect for the rules.
    Well I already had to say what I was feeling and done with that. And you are too serious. I also have to say:

    1.YOu should look up what a stalker is.

    2.Just because I defend myself doesn't make me a stalker.

    3. I dont spam anyone, I am not selling anything

    4.When I have a disagreement, that is when all hell breaks loose. Have respect for my opinions too.

    5. Have a nice day

  10. #10
    Overly Old School
    Darkmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Far too close for anyone's comfort.
    Posts
    7,885

    Default

    In your opinion, I may be too serious. Given some of the odder stuff I've posted over the years I'd argue the point, but that's your opinion.

    When it comes to enforcing the rules, a job I was kindly asked to do many years ago, I try to be fairly serious. Telling me I lack a sense of humour does not negate a spam post right after you lot are told to stop it. You can dislike it all you want, but you are in no way, shape or form special, and I honestly did you a kindness by simply deleting the post rather than giving you infraction points for spamming and ignoring moderator instructions.

    Don't worry, I'll not be making that mistake again.

  11. #11
    The Emissary
    Mr. Spencer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,577

    Default

    Also, BIOHAZARD is a work of fiction. People's lives are not.
    See you in hell.

  12. #12
    #03 Larva Guy Fieri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I would have to agree that the moderators of this site do treat certain people more harshly than others. Like that guy with the custom title "Total Dick Douche Fag". That's pretty damn aggressive, but does he have to change it? No. It insults homosexuals (of which there are many in the RE community).
    That is so Money.

  13. #13
    Resident 1.5 Expert

    Alzaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Snug and warm in Emma's heart. <3
    Posts
    1,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Fieri View Post
    I would have to agree that the moderators of this site do treat certain people more harshly than others. Like that guy with the custom title "Total Dick Douche Fag". That's pretty damn aggressive, but does he have to change it? No. It insults homosexuals (of which there are many in the RE community).
    That custom title was requested by the user.

  14. #14
    Overly Old School
    Darkmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Far too close for anyone's comfort.
    Posts
    7,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Fieri View Post
    I would have to agree that the moderators of this site do treat certain people more harshly than others. Like that guy with the custom title "Total Dick Douche Fag". That's pretty damn aggressive, but does he have to change it? No. It insults homosexuals (of which there are many in the RE community).
    There is a story behind that. Essentially another member decided to call him that in a YouTube video because he kept asking for a specific set of proof for something which the user did not want to provide, for some reason. You can ask NewsBot for more details about it...and ask him how many infractions I've personally given him if you think we're being overly nice to him.

    It would be nice to see him have a different title, I admit. I'm bisexual, and it would be nice to see a day when sexuality isn't used as an insult. Because of the story behind this one I'm OK with it, though,

  15. #15
    #55 Oswell E. Spencer Wrathborne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    At Home
    Posts
    3,150

    Default

    Its who you are as a person that should be judged, not your sexual preference/identity.

    As for the mods being sensitive/overly sensitive, I've had my share of butting heads with mods before and you know what? Wait a few weeks. You get over it and move on.

    You may still consider the mod in question to be a jerk, but the forum isn't about you.
    Which if you're quite the opinionated chappy like myself, and want everyone to know you're "right", you have to try to remember that.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    390

    Default

    I was venting my anger I am over it. I am trying to follow the rules now and not get into any more arguments with people here. When I do, I feel like I am responding to little kids. And I really think there are kids here even though Resident Evil is meant for a mature audience.

    Anyway, there are too many annoying people here, and I do not feel like going back and forth with anyone, so I chose to post less and only post my projects and respond to something I think is worth responding too.

    And arguments or discussions related to Resident Evil may seem stupid or petty to outsiders, but not to RE fanboys or girls.We may take it too serious at times, but that is what fans do.
    Last edited by Black~Crow; 10-29-2012 at 04:17 PM.

  17. #17
    #55 Oswell E. Spencer Wrathborne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    At Home
    Posts
    3,150

    Default

    Um...I see your point dude, but its an RE fan forum.Its FILLED with RE fan boys and girls :/

  18. #18
    The Emissary
    Mr. Spencer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,577

    Default

    This is why I now play WoW.
    See you in hell.

  19. #19
    Overly Old School
    Darkmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Far too close for anyone's comfort.
    Posts
    7,885

    Default

    They make me more afraid than the Resident Evil community ever has. Even if I am in the game.

  20. #20
    THIA Staff

    Carnivol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Confirmed
    Posts
    4,843

    Default

    "My God ... this is how I am!? I've never been so afraid my entire life."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •