Resident Evil 6 to use free online stat service, ResidentEvil.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 6 to use free online stat service, ResidentEvil.net

Resident Evil 6 will be supplemented by ResidentEvil.net, a free online service that "tracks stats, Mercs scores and compares them to friends and others," Capcom revealed at its Gamescom press conference today.

Capcom is building a smartphone app for ResidentEvil.net and will host online events, complete with a "championship belt" for the winner that will be passed on to subsequent victors.

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

Screenshots of the online service here
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Screenshots of the campaign mode here
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Exclusive gamecon gameplay video here
    Exclusive Leon gameplay from Resident Evil 6, from Gamescom 2012.Pre order Resident Evil 6 at http://bit.ly/RE6preo'Like' on Facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/...

Press Release:
    Resident EvilĀ® 6
    Confirming its commitment to support Resident Evil 6 post launch, Capcom chose the press conference to announce Resident Evil.Net, a free web service that tracks and graphically represents all of the key in-game stats for players from around the world. At a glance see how you rate against your friends and be notified in real-time if they have beaten, for example, your latest Mercenaries score, by linking Resident Evil.Net to your Facebook, Twitter or Capcom-Unity accounts. Furthermore players will be able to join fellow gamers across the globe and compete in specially organized events.

Press conference attendees were also treated to fresh content from series newcomer Jake Muller's campaign. Gun for hire and son of the infamous Albert Wesker, Jake is on the run from his ceaseless pursuers who need the special blood that runs through his veins to further enhance the deadly C-virus. Holed up in a mountain shack, Jake, alongside Sherry Birkin, must use all his firearms and hand to hand combat skills if they are to defeat the encroaching J'avo. But will that be the end of their problems?

During the course of gamescom, attendees will be able to experience first-hand what promises to be the dramatic horror experience of 2012, with three missions from the campaigns of Leon S. Kennedy, Chris Redfield and Jake Muller.

Resident Evil 6 will release on October 2 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system with a Windows PC version to follow.
    Last edited by xfactor; 08-14-2012, 06:21 AM.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. On one hand, I welcome it but at the same time, if you have to use points accumulated in this to unlock mercenaries costumes... I dunno... Hopefully, its easy to acquire points?

Comment

Hopefully they not going to try force people to market the game for them to earn points. 'Click my personal link for RE advertising spam' type BS.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Bah, Final Fantasy IX did something vaguely like this...Well, not exactly, but sort of...The strategy guide actually had you going to a website to get some of the secrets/strategies. I can't even remember the name of the website now...PlayOnline.com maybe. Regardless, I hate things (games or guides for that matter) that incorporate a website. I just hope this is a completely optional thing and isn't something that affects the game in anyway. I don't want to have to get to a "Top 100" spot or meet seven people on ResidentEvil.net to unlock anything in the game.

I don't know...I just don't think this is going to be a big success.

...And honestly, I could careless if some random person is Japan beats my Mercenaries score.
        sigpic

Comment

Resident Evil 6 will be supplemented by ResidentEvil.net, a free online service that "tracks stats, Mercs scores and compares them to friends and others,"

...This is an industry standard for FPS and 3PS, promoting it as 'free' when it should always be free is just fucking stupid.Even if they're making a website devoted to it instead of just the usual states page on a profile is just stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
            Resident Evil 6 will be supplemented by ResidentEvil.net, a free online service that "tracks stats, Mercs scores and compares them to friends and others,"

...This is an industry standard for FPS and 3PS, promoting it as 'free' when it should always be free is just fucking stupid.Even if they're making a website devoted to it instead of just the usual states page on a profile is just stupid.
            I think people got used to be charged for every little bit extra things games have (if this is a bad thing is not the question here). I've seen one to many people not being able to grasp that The Mercenaries and Ada's campaing are free on RE6.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post

I believe CoD Elite website offers extra premium stuff you only get if you're paying for it.
              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                I think people got used to be charged for every little bit extra things games have (if this is a bad thing is not the question here). .
                You'll have to forgive me, I use Steam and get this 'service' provided free on L4d, TF2, and other games so hearing that sites actually charge you money to keep your stats is really silly.

Comment

Nothing new...
                  Back in my day Mercenaries in RE3 on Dreamcast had online leaderboards!
                  sigpic

Comment

Anyone else having trouble with their stats uploading? Mine is "stuck" saying ive completed Leon's Chapter 4 when in fact I've completed Leon's campaign and Chapter 1 of Chris'!? Also I've yet to receive the 40000 RE Points for registering my Capcom account??
                    Last edited by Biokk; 10-03-2012, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Is every medal, chapter finish etc meant to give you points? Because since I registered and uploaded my first couple medals I haven't received anymore points, stuck on 56000. :/

Comment

RE.Net it's a bit funky, but your stats should get updated eventually.

I've played Leon, Chris and Jake campaign and got around 110,000 points (also I got the first login bonus and so on...).

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Hmmmm. Thats what I'm saying though; the medals and time and everything upload fine, but I am not receiving any points since my first upload.

Comment

Welp, the points I was complaining about in the other thread were acknowledged, finally.

I guess after every point of progress is made, you should be sure by doing the "Auto Upload" option (???)

Comment

Working...
                            X