No announcement yet.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 SPOILER THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't worry, Piers was saying that to Chris in his own mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiLØ View Post
      And the scene with escape pod was kind of a homeage to Michael Bay's Armageddon, but at least nobody was crying like a bitch and yelling "I love you!" over dramatically.
      The whole game was a homage to Michael Bay! KA-BOOOM!

You know, when Jake shot that gun near Chris... I know Chris didn't give a shit, but he's gonna have a ringing inside his ear for at least a week.
      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
        You know, when Jake shot that gun near Chris... I know Chris didn't give a shit, but he's gonna have a ringing inside his ear for at least a week.
        Lol, I thought the same thing! Based on some of the questionable, annoying things Capcom did with this game, I'm surprised they didn't add an obnoxious ringing tone while playing as Chris for the rest of the game...
        Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• The earpiece in his left ear obviously protected his inner ear and muffled the gunshot. Trust me, Capcom thought of everything!

Comment

• Capcom really, REALLY needs to hire a good writer for the series. Dear god, so many missed opportunities.

I liked Jake but they really should have toned him down, his scene at the end of Ada's scenarios specially was just too much.

Comment

• Dear god, so many missed opportunities.
              I thought Carla and Simmons could've had a few more scenes, especially Carla. Like maybe add in a scene between her and Jake during the time they were held captive for experiments. But nope, they just fast-forward to "6 months later". The way they fleshed out her character was pretty bare bones.
              Seibu teh geimu?
              ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                I thought Carla and Simmons could've had a few more scenes, especially Carla. Like maybe add in a scene between her and Jake during the time they were held captive for experiments. But nope, they just fast-forward to "6 months later". The way they fleshed out her character was pretty bare bones.
                I thought Ada's voice actress did a great job with Carla when she went insane and transformed, maybe because we're so used to hearing Ada's calm demeanor that it was a surprised when "she" went completly mad.

Maybe it was because I was just watching the game but I thought there weren't enough cutscenes on the game, everything just seems too rushed and there's not enough time to develop the characters, maybe a flashback of Chris and Jill talking after Edonia, which could also explain what happened to her after RE5.

Comment

• So I'm the only one who really liked Leon Chapter 3? I fucking love the underground ruins/cave style environments (probably something instigated by Tomb Raider way back when), and I loved Chapter 4 in RE5 as well. The shark was silly, but I figured it was just an escaped experiment from the cathedral lab. The thing that really trips me up about chapters 2 and 3 with Leon is how incredibly far down him and Helena travel. I mean they fall and fall and fall and descend and descend and then just up in a lake, outside, presumably at roughly sea level. Tall Oaks must be on top of Mt. Everest or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVL100 Merchant View Post
                    So I'm the only one who really liked Leon Chapter 3? I fucking love the underground ruins/cave style environments (probably something instigated by Tomb Raider way back when), and I loved Chapter 4 in RE5 as well.
                    I think a lot of people disliked that chapter simply because it didn't fit. Underground cavern-style locations worked in the heart of Africa, but such a vast, massive system under an American town made little sense and felt forced. I would have rather seen more of the town itself, to be honest. The swimming sections were also not fun in the slightest - they worked far better in Revelations.

Does anyone know what state Tall Oaks is supposed to be in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                      I think a lot of people disliked that chapter simply because it didn't fit. Underground cavern-style locations worked in the heart of Africa, but such a vast, massive system under an American town made little sense and felt forced. I would have rather seen more of the town itself, to be honest. The swimming sections were also not fun in the slightest - they worked far better in Revelations.
                      There was an underground chapter in RE4 if you remember.

Honestly, I didn't like that chapter in RE6. Visually, the caverns were more impressive in RE4. I remember just standing there admiring the scenery. Beautiful stuff.

Yeah the swimming was underwhelming. It reminded me that the dev teams were different (Rev/RE6) and I wished they had worked together on making that work.

Anyway, there was a moment there when I thought maybe the shark was our old friend Neptune, from RE1.

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                      Does anyone know what state Tall Oaks is supposed to be in?
                      Dunno but its probably in the East Coast.
                      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                      sigpic

Comment

• So was playing Chris chapter 5 and reached the HAOS chamber, when I played this the first time Jake and Sherry took one left up, Chris and Piers the other, then the same thing when I played Jakes campaign.

This time though I was Piers and took a lift up with Sherry, this resulted in entirely different dialogue from each pairing. I would imagine is a third set of dialogue if you paired Chris with Sherry and Piers with Jake.

Trying to think of any other places may get different dialogue during crossover sections, but I think all the others force certain pairings?
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                          Trying to think of any other places may get different dialogue during crossover sections, but I think all the others force certain pairings?
                          The Battle with Ustanak at the plane crash site in Jake's or Leon's scenario. After you hurt him a bit all characters are trying to jump over the fence but get separated into pairs.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiLØ View Post
                            The Battle with Ustanak at the plane crash site in Jake's or Leon's scenario. After you hurt him a bit all characters are trying to jump over the fence but get separated into pairs.
                            Right, but that's always Leon + Sherry and Jake + Helena. To my knowledge, you can't mix it up.

Comment

• To those that keep saying the catacombs made no sense to be beneath an American town... you all do realize civilizations lived in North America prior to Europeans arriving and colonizing, right? Those could have been temples/catacombs discovered by the Simmons family, but were in fact built and maintained for a thousand years by Natives.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                                I thought Ada's voice actress did a great job with Carla when she went insane and transformed, maybe because we're so used to hearing Ada's calm demeanor that it was a surprised when "she" went completly mad.

Maybe it was because I was just watching the game but I thought there weren't enough cutscenes on the game, everything just seems too rushed and there's not enough time to develop the characters, maybe a flashback of Chris and Jill talking after Edonia, which could also explain what happened to her after RE5.
                                Same here. I thought she did a fine job on being insane and creepy, especially the "Dine on your flesh and suck the marrow from your bones" bit.

If they're ever going to be doing a DLC campaign, I think they should make one focused on Carla. One chapter could be a mission set before Edonia, before she found out who she was. Simmons could function as her operator during it. Other chapters can be easily interspersed with the other campaigns. One chapter, or at least part of it, can be set in Edonia and will cross with Jake and Chris' campaign. Another would be going through a zombie-infested Lanshiang in order to retrieve the improved C-Virus samples from the research facility. The escape and car chase events with Chris and Leon could be turned into playable sequences. They could even have some brief playable bits that happen during the time skip, like a scene with Jake and a QTE where you have to "tap X repeatedly to extract a bone marrow sample and cause Jake excruciating pain".

The whole thing could really flesh out Simmons and Carla's relationship and motivations. Also, is it just me or is Simmons basically the exact polar opposite of Wesker (wants stability instead of destruction, is actually obsessed with his "leading lady") while Carla is an Excella who went batshit insane?
                                Last edited by biohazard_star; 10-08-2012, 03:41 AM.
                                Seibu teh geimu?
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X