RESIDENT EVIL 6 SPOILER THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
    Depends how many levels of complete bullshit you want the Ustanak hand to hand fight to be.
    Ugh. That's seriously one of the worst parts of the game. It makes Chris's boulder-punching adventure seem legit by comparison.
    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Really? I thought the fight was the best boss fight in the game.

Comment

• As did I. I'm sure (hope) in the actual canon it's not actually a fistfight but it seems to be the case

Also, inb4 "Anderson's fault for having Alice fight Nemesis in Apocalypse".

Comment

• Look at you, rushing to defend the movies even though no-one has ever brought them up or placed blame on them. =P
          See you in hell.

Comment

• Hence the inb4. It was only a matter of time, Paul. Only a matter of time. ;P

Comment

• Paul?
              See you in hell.

Comment

• Didn't the C-Virus Jake took not give him the powers? So he got the strength but non of the messy mutation effects.

Comment

• Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
                  Didn't the C-Virus Jake took not give him the powers? So he got the strength but non of the messy mutation effects.
                  It didn't do anything to him other than disappear. Otherwise, the Anti-C vaccine would give every other human superpowers. Only the G-Virus is able to give humans beneficial abilities by bonding with them. When the C-Virus bonds with someone, they just turn into a J'avo. There's no other benefit.
                  PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Ok so let me get this straight. Ustanak is in love with Carla, Carla is in love with Simmons (well, sort of), Simmons is in love with Ada. RE6 is actually all about love stories gone horribly wrong, it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sly View Post
                      Ustanak is in love with Carla
                      Whoa, did I miss something?!

Comment

• Yeah, I learned that yesterday when reading the complete files below :
                        Lab Report

June 20, 2011

Finally!

At last I've been chosen! The report came back that my body type is highly compatible with the C-Virus! No longer will I have this frail, crude body. I will be reborn as a powerful weapon! There's chance I will no longer retain my humanity, but it is a paltry sacrifice in light of the wonderful gains. This is what I've dreamed about all my life.

I will be reborn!

June 27, 2012
                        Sh e gave me the v irus ...hers elf
                        What an h onor I am... happy
                        He r touch made me c ry with hap piness
                        Could n't sto p shaking...
                        He r fing ers He r to uch Her s mile
                        ...only for me
                        Her soo thing voice her good sm ell
                        She is ...so b eaut iful
                        M y go ddes s
                        I a m h ers
                        I will do an ything for her
                        Anything Anything...

I fe el so... I feel s o... good
                        This is quite obvious now, isn't it. There's also this little bit :
                        Ustanak 2

Ustanak was created to be the ultimate B.O.W. Originally a human who had freely injected himself with the C-Virus, his final grotesque form was the result of Neo-Umbrella's scientists.

Even though he is a manufactured B.O.W., all his mental faculties as a human remain intact, giving him the capacity for cogent thought. This makes Ustanak the perfect candidate for carrying out missions on his own. A side effect of the mutation is that it may even have increased his intelligence as he is able to use complex machinery and equipment soon after picking it up.

Below is a memo written by a Neo-Umbrella researcher just after Sherry and Jake were once more captured and taken to the undersea facility.
                        ---
                        Our leader has died. Now there is no one Ustanak will listen to. But he doesn't know and probably wouldn't understand even if we told him. He would just keep following the last orders she gave him.

We made a new weapon for him and also gave him a hookshot like the one our leader used, then we sent him after Jake and Sherry. There's something different about him, though. He seems quiet, like he's filled with intense sadness and anger. Maybe he knows...
                        Now the final fight with Ustanak has a completely different meaning ! He's out for revenge. Well, Jake has nothing to do with Carla's demise, but he has to take it out to somebody anyway, and follow her orders even if it's now useless. Hell, I just realised you had to shoot his heart at the end to get rid of him (that weakspot was not visible before this scene), talk about symbolism. Now, maybe I'm reading too much into this.

Comment

• No, I agree. It adds a lot to his character and final fight. Love it!

Comment

• I am very annoyed at the final boss from Chri's Campaign. I don't even know how exsactly I managed to run from the creature. I died like 7-8 times trying to run from it. Is this me being uncapable of running from the creature or is the game flawed? It was so frustrating. Then, when I finally fought the creature I actually couldn't really fight it without an online partner, because I was running out of ammo. That was annoying.

Comment

• Nice catch, Sly, on the Ustanak thing! These are the kinds of details that should have been located in files within the actual game itself as opposed to relegated to menu summaries or the website.

Originally posted by DeadArtist View Post
                              I am very annoyed at the final boss from Chri's Campaign. I don't even know how exsactly I managed to run from the creature. I died like 7-8 times trying to run from it. Is this me being uncapable of running from the creature or is the game flawed? It was so frustrating. Then, when I finally fought the creature I actually couldn't really fight it without an online partner, because I was running out of ammo. That was annoying.
                              For the running part, stay as close to the edge as possible to save time. Be sure to slide when you reach the low part; slowing down to crawl will see you dead. Be prepared to hit the climb button (B on 360) when you reach the high ledges, and if playing as Piers, turn around to pull Chris up using the same button again.

One of the worst parts of the game, easily. It sucks, because it's really the only weak part of the chapter. The final boss is really cool, and technically Chris's campaign is the most important since if Haos gets out, the world is doomed.

Comment

• Thought this interview was interesting. They discuss some of the scrapped ideas for Resident Evil 6 as well as their reasoning behind some of the decisions they made. Here are some highlights:

-Originally, they were going to kill off Chris, but they apparently couldn't come up with a meaningful way to do it, and they didn't want it to just be for shock value, so they killed Piers instead.

-Carla was originally supposed to be an actual clone of Ada, not a pre-existing individual who was transformed via the C-Virus. There would also have been several Ada clones, with the revelation being that every Ada that has appeared so far in the series was actually a different clone. This idea was scrapped, however, because "there has never been any kind of cloning technology in the Resident Evil series." (They evidently forgot about Sergei and Alfred and Alexia.)

-They considered bringing Wesker back at least once, but instead chose to make Jake his son. Apparently Jake wasn't originally going to be related to Wesker.

Comment

Working...
                                X