No announcement yet.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 SPOILER THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have seen it happen practically no times, so you are focusing on an isolated case on a game you haven't even played.

Anyway, adding the files to PU now. Massive spoilers, obviously.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I have seen plenty of footage, infact I have seen footage of someone who has died a extreme amount of times to see events play out multiple times that it even became a situation like I was testing the game myself for glitches.

That still does not even cover the case of the game design, and that is a whole different subject completely.

As a game developer myself who has spent years with different engines it is clear they need to fix issues with the game and the engine itself, which by todays standards is becoming extremely old by the clear evidence in the game, it needs updating in a bad way. More TLC needs to be there before they even consider calling that PC port worthy of going gold.
      Last edited by shanemurphy; 09-28-2012, 10:30 PM.

Comment

The thing about footage is that it represents a particular moment that, in all likelihood, cannot be replicated. Getting hung up on it and judging a game you haven't played based on it is pretty silly.

Comment

Anybody else think that Chris should've died instead of piers? Piers seemed to be being built up into being the next-gen Chris, and it would've made sense considering what happened before. Instead, we get to keep the aging vet and kill off what could've been his legacy into the future, despite being dead. Could've had a funeral for him, Jill pregnant with his kid perhaps, and some nice words to send him off.

Story-wise, the entire thing is unimpressive. So many missed opportunities, lackluster presentation, and chances. Then again, the entire series has had the story and narrative quality of your average tv drama, so it isn't really a surprise that capcom didn't think about it, but still, you'd think they'd at least try. In this day and age, where developers are actually trying to implement quality stories after having the groundwork laid by the classics such as the legacy of kain, nier, etc, capcom not really trying with resident evil 6 is kinda bothering.

Comment

So basically once again, Ada gets away scot-free like the smug bitch she is and something awesome is casually discarded as a final boss mutant form to appease the fangirls of more popular characters. "Oh Wesker is so awesome!" is now "Oh Ada is so awesome!"

I liked Simmons, but like Spencer he had to be thrown away in order to appease the kids.

Piers dying? Really, really needed to be Chris. A missed opportunity for Chris to sacrifice himself heroically. Yet another game of missed opportunities.
            Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 09-29-2012, 09:06 AM.
            See you in hell.

Comment

Is almost as if that was new in RE (because Marcus, the Birkins, the Ashfords, Javier, Sergei, Los Iluminados, the dude of Revelaitons, Irving and Excella totally survived their respective games). Villians die in their own games and later get retconned into previous stuff (Alexia vs Birkin, William in Zero, Sergei in Zero and 3, Excella and Jessica) that's how RE has always worked

At least with Piers dying we dont have to worry with him falling in the "Unused Characters Limbo" that we can be 99% sure he would have fallen

------------

Anyway, here's someone posting a playthrough. He completed Ada's. I finally got what I wanted
              Hello this is WormioBH also known as Wormio. My goal right now is to reach 2000 SUBSCRIBERS and 1,000,000 VIDEO VIEWS! (Reached 1000 Subscribers on 16/11/12) Help me reach those goals by clicking the Subscribe button! My channel is dedicated for gaming and entertainment.
              Last edited by ValentineLover; 09-29-2012, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Also, Ustanak is now my favourite RE boss.
                See you in hell.

Comment

it's good to know we have umbrella back

Carla and Derek just died
                  but i know there are some more important faces in high places to fight against

Comment

Overall, I like the story but there are a lot of things I would have done differently.

I'm thinking Hiroshi Yamashita did more bad than good as a scriptwriter. Have never heard anything positive about his writing.

Comment

Originally posted by ValentineLover View Post
                      Is almost as if that was new in RE (because Marcus, the Birkins, the Ashfords, Javier, Sergei, Los Iluminados, the dude of Revelaitons, Irving and Excella totally survived their respective games). Villians die in their own games and later get retconned into previous stuff (Alexia vs Birkin, William in Zero, Sergei in Zero and 3, Excella and Jessica) that's how RE has always worked

At least with Piers dying we dont have to worry with him falling in the "Unused Characters Limbo" that we can be 99% sure he would have fallen

------------

Anyway, here's someone posting a playthrough. He completed Ada's. I finally got what I wanted
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/WormioBH
                      How the hell are those retcons?

Comment

Just completed Chris and Leon's stories, by far Chris is probably the hardest towards the end, while Leon was more of suspense as thought would be. Sad ending with Piers, obviously assumed he died with the explosion but who knows.

On to play as Jake now, let's see how that turns out!
                        Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

If you're trying to play it in chronological order is it possible on the first play through? If so, can someonebreak down the chapters in each scenario on how the game is best played e.g. Jake Chapter 1, Chris Chapter 2, etc?

Comment

Just finished Ada's campaign. Pretty satisfied with the story overall, although there are various things I'd nitpick about.

Comment

Like what?

Comment

Clifford The Big Red Dinosaur. The entire "clone" thing. More connections to previous games. More importance to Simmons. Proper information on Ada. Explanations for various things (why Chris went from SOA agent to SOU Captain, exact circumstances of Jake's parents) etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X