• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ValentineLover View Post
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Comment

Final fight with Ustanak was probably my favourite boss, followed closely by Dino-Simmons.

Also I liked how punching the shit out of Simmons did more damage than actually shooting him.

Comment

So Carla was the one running the experiments on Jake and Sherry while they were imprisoned in the China facility?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrant Rose View Post
          So Carla was the one running the experiments on Jake and Sherry while they were imprisoned in the China facility?
          Yup. She betrays Simmons in Edonia by capturing Jake and Sherry for herself and not returning to Simmons.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
            Yup. She betrays Simmons in Edonia by capturing Jake and Sherry for herself and not returning to Simmons.
            Ah, ok. That's what Simmons meant when he believed real Ada was Carla and accused her of "taking Wesker's son away."

Comment

Pretty much.

At the very least, at least this storyline doesn't have many completely unknown aspects. It is pretty self-explanatory, unlike Damnation.

Comment

I found the stories all weak, I was expecting a big massive plot with all three scenarios playing a major part of it and Ada being the behind the scenes for it. Instead it plays out more like three completely different stories that just crossover now and again. The entire Carla thing had sod all to do with Tall Oaks and assassinating the President. Ada didn't really need be in the story at all and if Carla wasn't a 'clone' of Ada and was just a betrayed woman that wouldn't have mattered either.
                Last edited by Dracarys; 10-02-2012, 03:53 PM.
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

The Carla thing really was not explored enough in my opinion.

Comment

What is with Chris not recognising the name 'Ada Wong' also, she got to be well know to the bio-terror squads by now, Leon got intel she was working with Wesker some point prior to RE4 so she obvious got a red flag on her name and Chris read the 'Kennedy report', did Leon just omit Ada from being involved, seems unlikely especially since Ashley was witness to her involvement.

Comment

• And once again like my last post, the Chris memory twist was not explored enough lol

It just didn't seem to add anything to the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
                        And once again like my last post, the Chris memory twist was not explored enough lol

It just didn't seem to add anything to the game.
                        Yeah but he is introduced to 'Ada' before his loses his memory. I don't see how the name didn't send alarm bells ringing.

Comment

• They should've focused on jake and sherry. If they did, he could've been actually explored in depth and show that he is interesting and not relying on his lineage to have recognition. Instead, we get a forgettable multi-scenario campaign that failed to capitalize on the few chances it had and stuck with mediocrity. Combined with the terrible controls and lack of overall polish, I dearly hope this slaps capcom into shape and forces them to recognize how utterly asinine their business and developmental practices are, even in this age of increased casual gamers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                            What is with Chris not recognising the name 'Ada Wong' also, she got to be well know to the bio-terror squads by now, Leon got intel she was working with Wesker some point prior to RE4 so she obvious got a red flag on her name and Chris read the 'Kennedy report', did Leon just omit Ada from being involved, seems unlikely especially since Ashley was witness to her involvement.
                            Clearly, she wasn't known. Chris works for the BSAA, not the U.S. government, who got the "intel" (it was a rumor) on Ada joining Wesker's organization. Leon's report also mainly focused on the Ganado and Plaga, not Ada. Ashley only saw Ada flying up a scaffold, and she's not of any importance nor did she know who it was. It's unknown whether Chris has ever even heard the name "Ada" since whether or not he happened to read that file in 1998 is a pretty contrived non-issue. He certainly hasn't heard "Wong".

Spotted lots of localization mistakes already. Calling the Plaga a virus (how do they keep managing to do this?), using the completely fabricated and nonsensical "Operation: Bacillus Terminate" term for the Sterilization Operation, etc. The Japanese files will probably end up making aspects of the plot even clearer, as always. There's a reference to the "organization Wesker worked for" collapsing in 2009, but it could mean either TRICELL or Umbrella's rival company he took over. Hopefully there will be some clarity somewhere.

I enjoy how aspects of the plot tie-in and explain plot threads in previous games more than I enjoy the plot of the game itself. I was hoping for the U.S. government's involvement with bioweapons to be explored, and I got exactly that. Pleased on that front. It also tied up a few loose ends on several other aspects (like Sherry's BH3 epilogue) and even addressed information found in the INSIDE OF BIOHAZARD THE DARKSIDE CHRONICLES book, which is unsurprising considering Suga was involved in both.

Also enjoy the fact that I was 100% correct about Ada being a good character, and that the game ran that point home.
                            Last edited by News Bot; 10-02-2012, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• So does Jake actually have special abilities due to the C-Virus or what?

I know Resident Evil characters have always been able to do some pretty crazy stuff as "normal" human beings, but come on.

Comment

• The more I think about it the more I really hate this game's storyline, yet there are parts that keep me from completely writing it off. They happened to address my favorite part of the entire series plot, and while not perfect, it worked quite sufficiently.

Jake is a worthless character. Completely shoe-horned without bringing anything really interesting, and quite clearly a character designed to appease 12 year old ADD fucks. The scene after completing all four campaigns managed to infuriate me with its "style" and utter failed attempt at being "cool", and is easily my most hated scene in the series.

LOOK AT ME EAT A FUCKING APPLE, FUCK YEAH.

Comment

Working...
                                X