No announcement yet.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 SPOILER THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simmons' actual transformations didn't bother me nearly as much as the fact that he kept returning to human form while in them. It was utterly ridiculous to see a Tyrannosaur pop down to the size of human and back to dinosaur again. Story-wise, it's the only part of Leon's campaign that I disliked.

However, the multiple transformations were clearly an homage to Birkin's G-forms, which I loved. There were so many homages to the classic RE games (and even 4 and 5) in Leon's campaign that I stopped counting after a while.
    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• I found the shark part really ridiculous, as well, to be honest... It was just one of those moments where I had to stop and ask myself, "Wait, is this shit really happening?" Oh, boy.

Comment

• I find the game, mostly Leons campaign breaks suspension of disbelief too much. I remember in RE4 when he stands on some giant cod-wheeled platform to get across an area and just thinking it is something out of a magical story where any old bollocks get thrown in. Leons RE6 chapters in Tall Oaks underground felt the same way, much of Ada's also. All that bollocks underground and what they travel through, zombies using contraptions, making fire, carrying lanterns, the Shark. Why are there even zombies that far underground anyway, and apparently C-Virus can bring hundreds of years old dead back to life.

Also, I like how Sherry even existing is a closely guarded state secret yet Claire just blabs about her to Chris. Yet Chris doesn't know who Ada is.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• This whole game could have been avoided if Simmons just manned the eff up and got over Ada.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
            Also, I like how Sherry even existing is a closely guarded state secret yet Claire just blabs about her to Chris. Yet Chris doesn't know who Ada is.
            I guess it makes sense on a personal level, as Claire would have certainly discussed Sherry, but he just seems too familiar with her, which seems loopy.

We really need more exploration about the whole Leon/Claire/Sherry situation. I don't feel as though it was accurately explained well enough, even in Darkside Chronicles. How much contact did the three of them have, post-Raccoon City? We can make basic, logical conclusions, but it's still frustrating that there's such a blank space in this area of the timeline. This makes me hope that, perhaps, there might be some kind of RE6 prequel, similar to Revelations, with Sherry and Claire involved.

Comment

• I still think that Carla won the most "WTF/EW Mutation in Resident Evil" even if she's only a grey blob. Probably because of the symbolism
              Last edited by ValentineLover; 10-04-2012, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I find the game, mostly Leons campaign breaks suspension of disbelief too much. I remember in RE4 when he stands on some giant cod-wheeled platform to get across an area and just thinking it is something out of a magical story where any old bollocks get thrown in. Leons RE6 chapters in Tall Oaks underground felt the same way, much of Ada's also. All that bollocks underground and what they travel through, zombies using contraptions, making fire, carrying lanterns, the Shark. Why are there even zombies that far underground anyway, and apparently C-Virus can bring hundreds of years old dead back to life.

They wouldn't be corpses if they were hundreds of years old. They'd be bones.
                Last edited by News Bot; 10-04-2012, 11:38 AM.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death. Fuck why there's a mutated shark in the catacombs underneath a city in the middle of America... I loved the thing's design and boss sequences. Actually, on that topic... where is Tall Oaks? It has a midwest feel to it, but I sense it's actually on the east coast of the U.S.

In all honesty, I get where most of you are coming from, as I asked the same questions, but then I realized how cool the creatures were and just enjoyed killing them/letting them kill me.
                  Last edited by Shield Key; 10-04-2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                    They wouldn't be corpses if they were hundreds of years old. They'd be bones.
                    Mummification.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shield Key View Post
                      Mummification.
                      Didn't look mummified to me.

Either way, the G-Virus can revive the dead, and the C-Virus happens to be derived from it.
                      Last edited by News Bot; 10-04-2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shield Key View Post
                        Fuck why there's a mutated shark in the catacombs underneath a city in the middle of America...
                        I just had to quote this, because it made me laugh super hard, and I feel like it's the most accurately phrased question regarding that damn shark.

Comment

• They did to me... pretty much all of them in the Catacombs. It could easily explain why they were in the shape they were in, yet some were in clothing that seemed to date back to the 17th and 18th centuries.

Just a random theory... not really something I care enough about to debate or anything.

News Bot, did you find anything about what Benford was actually going to reveal? I find it weird that the game explains Simmons wanted to basically shut the President up, but nothing we glimpse from Leon's flashback indicates he was going to reveal anything the world didn't already know. Everyone knew about the outbreak, Umbrella's involvement, and the nuking of RC. So when Benford says he was going to reveal the "Government's involvement in RC," what did he mean? Is it answered anywhere in the game?

Comment

• Eh, I'm not exactly an expert on mummification and corpses so I can't talk.

He was going to reveal that the government was Umbrella's top customer of bioweapons and was responsible for colluding with them and knew about their illegal activities for years. Basically, he was going to reveal BH3's backstory. The world knew all about Umbrella and their experiments, but they didn't know about the government's involvement with them. It's worded in the most vague, retarded way possible in the game itself, for some reason.

Q20. To what extent did the American government know about Umbrella? In addition, is there a reason why they never publicly attacked the Umbrella Corporation?

A20. The United States itself is a prominent customer so it has extensive knowledge of Umbrella's product list, say for example viral weapons and B.O.W. (Bio Organic Weapons) However, the details are limited to products available on the market and they have not received intelligence on sections considered to be top-secret in Umbrella such as development status. Also, the reason why the U.S. government doesn't attack Umbrella is "unnecessary trouble brought upon oneself". Striking Umbrella would expose the dark side of the U.S. government itself for the cosy collusive relationship between Umbrella and government leaders. It's an act of suicide for a lot of politicians. This concept can be said for many advanced nations. It circulates in almost every advanced nation where powerful political leaders have purchased something from Umbrella's product list.
                            Last edited by News Bot; 10-04-2012, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Pleasant. Thanks, NB!

Comment

What is with Chris not recognising the name 'Ada Wong' also, she got to be well know to the bio-terror squads by now, Leon got intel she was working with Wesker some point prior to RE4 so she obvious got a red flag on her name and Chris read the 'Kennedy report', did Leon just omit Ada from being involved, seems unlikely especially since Ashley was witness to her involvement.
                                I just find it hard to believe that he (being in the BSAA and high-ish up) at least didn't hear about the events/arrest warrant from Resident Evil: Damnation. Even if it was removed by Simmons or whoever later on.

Comment

Working...
                                X