My Updated RPD 1st floor and basement maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Updated RPD 1st floor and basement maps

I am going to finish the 2nd and 3rd floor later. This takes a while to edit. It doesn't look like much work, but I studied the images,aligned things, and edited images. The days I worked on these maps, I spent a couple of HOURS on them!

Well Here I have the 1st floor map and Yes I have a B1 and B2 map! I don't see how that big of an area can fit the small frame of the RPD building? So, unless more video or images come about I can't think of how to fit the whole areas together. If you look at my old map, it looks like a disaster. I just trying to make things easier to see. And I was trying to make the crows in the background look smoother, but I am too tired. It is sort of a watermark. I noticed people edited the maps I created and didn't give credit to me.
    1 floor map
    Click image for larger version

Name:	RPD_1st_FL_Map_B.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	406118

B1 map

Name:	RPD_B1_Map_B.png
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	406120

B2 map

Name:	RPD_B2_MaB.png
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	406121

Um, some moderator Please make this big image of the B1 map disappear. I don't know how to do it. Thank you.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Black~Crow; 09-11-2012, 03:10 PM.
    I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Nice work. The idea of a second basement floor sounds great to me. I'm not sure if it was intended to be that way though. I was checking the retail product to confirm something. The first hallway (with the morgue, storage and power room) has a certain.. clean look to it. The wall texture is completely different from that of the jail and kennel section. Those sections look dirtier. However, they happen to be on the first floor. Perhaps this could be the case with Resident Evil 1.5 too.

There is one thing that I'm sure you got wrong, though. The jail section cannot be on the second floor of the basement. The texture of the bricks on the wall match that of B1. I don't even think that the jail section is separated from the hallway. In one of your pictures, you can see a shutter behind Leon. I believe the jail section forms a t-junction with the hallway after opening the shutter to (?) Leon's right.

I guess that's all the feedback I can give for the moment. I'll be sure to take a better look at it later.

By the way, did anyone notice this mistake?

Name:	30.jpg
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	401584 Click image for larger version

Name:	bh2.w.rpd.1stfloor.4deskoffice06.jpg
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	401585

I believe both images come from the same build. You can see the door closest to Leon (of the first screenshot), in the second screenshot, despite being obstructed by that "plastic" wall. Awkward.

Edit: Where did you get the second power room screenshot ? That's the first time I've seen that one.
    Last edited by Kegluneq; 09-11-2012, 03:44 PM.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
    BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

Excellent work as usual Black~Crow!

Could you direct me to the (most) complete set of raw BH1.5 background images?

Comment

The 2nd power room screen shot is apart of the inflames pictures. I think it was put in a compressed file on bioflames the time someone was able to view the background images on the BH 2 trial disc. I saw it in my collection, and do not remember exactly when I got it. I just thought, how come I didn't use this before? Maybe I just couldn't find it. My collection is one big mess and I have to sort through it to get rid of duplicates. I have gigabytes of RE 1.5 stuff!

And about the Holding Cell area, I think those bricks on the wall are thicker, and not the skinny ones like in the B1 hallway. If you look at the Goromacida a.k.a Curator, you can see the only room after the shutter in the B1 hallway is the Morgue, Kegluneq.
        Last edited by Black~Crow; 09-11-2012, 10:19 PM.

Comment

This is also my first time seeing that pic (I think?). The lack of a watermark on that pic makes me think it's used for verifying frauds. Even with the current information drought, some new stuff manages to come up. Thanks for sharing.
          Last edited by biohazard_star; 09-12-2012, 11:04 AM.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

I have collected many images from the internet, and do not know exactly where i got all of them.Someone (moderator or member) did release marked and unmarked Bioflames images on bioflames.com at one time. And I am sure it was with that bunch. But people see things fast or don't look at all the images or delete them and don't remember seeing them years later. Anyway, I hope this thread isn't going to be about that one picture.

And getting back to the subject of the maps, I know there is a sewer passage under the service room to the garage, if someone was wondering. I think the 2nd floor of the basement, it built around that passage. Because the manhole, in the service room, leads to the sewer , and straight down from there is the ladder for the other manhole, that leads to the side of the RPD. So, the path is just a small area underneath the service room.
            Last edited by Black~Crow; 09-12-2012, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Great work!

Comment

Originally posted by Black~Crow View Post
                I know there is a sewer passage under the service room to the garage, if someone was wondering. I think the 2nd floor of the basement, it built around that passage. Because the manhole, in the service room, leads to the sewer , and straight down from there is the ladder for the other manhole, that leads to the side of the RPD. So, the path is just a small area underneath the service room.
                So just to clarify, you hypothesize that there is a small isolated hallway on B2 which connects B1(Service Room) to the Sewer? Can you cite any screenshots to illustrate this? Or even a diagram?

Perhaps the hole / ladder is longer and simply goes straight through B2?
                Last edited by Enigmatism415; 09-12-2012, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                  So just to clarify, you hypothesize that there is a small isolated hallway on B2 which connects B1(Service Room) to the Sewer? Can you cite any screenshots to illustrate this? Or even a diagram?

Perhaps the hole / ladder is longer and simply goes straight through B2?
                  This is what I mean, but I thought of a ladder going straight through too:

Name:	SewerRPDmap.png
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	401589
                  The b2 map would have been built around the sewer. ANd yes I spelled passage passafe, my MISTAKE!

Also, I think there is a way to the water sewage disposal plant on B2 map in the kennel like the final. Looking at the video, where Elza encounters Spiders coming out of the wall ventilation grates, this is what I think is part of the sewage disposal plant, since Re 1.5 and RE2 have similarities.
                  Last edited by Black~Crow; 09-12-2012, 04:30 PM.

Comment

That's nice to know. I thought you were editing most of your pictures due the change in coloration from the final beta screenshots. It doesn't surprise me that the community has messed around those pictures for years, trying to recreate them in the most pristine quality possible. It's such a shame we don't have a website or a database that hosts most of this stuff. I tried to search that threat to find that picture of the power room, but I didn't have much luck.. Think you could upload it, please?

Regarding the jail section, I was talking about this picture.

Name:	43.jpg
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	401590

In the farthest wall, you can see that the brick pattern on the wall seems akin to that of the hallway with the morgue and power room. Remember, there's a L section next to the staircase that we've never seen. I presumed that led to this jail section, because the jail section wall pattern seemed to match that of the hallway. Furthermore, the color of the wall is pretty similar too (palish brown) with some dirty stains all over it. However, it seems you might be right. While I was traveling Bioflames, I came across this picture:

Name:	bh2.jailsection2.jpg
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	401591

And the farthest wall has the same wall pattern as the deeper segments of the jail, the same ones you described. So it's impossible to determine where the jail section is. Nonetheless, that picture seems to confirm what I thought. There's a T-junction in the jail and a shutter before accessing it.

Comment

EDIT: I meant to cite this quote:

Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
                      In the farthest wall, you can see that the brick pattern on the wall seems akin to that of the hallway with the morgue and power room. Remember, there's a L section next to the staircase that we've never seen. I presumed that led to this jail section, because the jail section wall pattern seemed to match that of the hallway. Furthermore, the color of the wall is pretty similar too (palish brown) with some dirty stains all over it.
                      As far as I can tell, the bricks of the B1 hallway are twice as thin as those of the prison.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7080[/ATTACH]

Name:	B1hall.png
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	401594

Name:	prison.png
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	401595Click image for larger version

Name:	prison2.png
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	401596
                      Last edited by Enigmatism415; 09-13-2012, 01:54 PM.

Comment

That's what I was saying. There seems to be 4 different brick wall patterns on the Basement Area.

Name:	bh2.rpd.basement.2hallway01.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	401605 Click image for larger version

Name:	bh2.rpd.basement.2hallway02.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	401608 Click image for larger version

Name:	bh2.rpd.basement.7jail01.jpg
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	401606 Click image for larger version

Name:	bh2.rpd.basement.8kennel01.jpg
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	401607

Which means that we can't use the patterns to determine which rooms belong to the respective hallway.

Comment

we can't use the patterns to determine which rooms belong to the respective hallway.
                          You're right, but we can make educated guesses for the time being. The most important key to understanding the basement is determining exactly what lies behind the mystery door on B1 (the one that Black~Crow depicts as leading to the Service Room / Garage area).

By the way, could you tell me which room this screenshot is from?

Name:	bh2.munition2.shotgun.shells.jpg
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	401616

Comment

I don't think there's necessarily a mystery door. We don't have that kind of confirmation. The only thing we know is that there's a L section to right of the staircase entrance, which could lead to yet another door, the "shutter" of the jail section, or some other stairs that get access to the second hallway with the "disorganized" brick wall pattern that is seen in the storage (or armory) screenshot.

That screenshot you posted, I believe it's from the radio room in the 2nd Floor of the RPD. But I cannot confirm that. As far as I know, that's the only available screenshot in the internet of that section. I'm pretty sure there are others someplace else, but I understand why they have never been released.

Comment

The Radio Room? It seems odd that it was grouped with the Factory images then... also, the door depicted looks like a door typical of the Factory area.

This is what Alzaire and c2keo believe the Radio Room to look like:

Name:	radio01new.jpg
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	401626Click image for larger version

Name:	RadioRoom02.jpg
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	401627Click image for larger version

Name:	RadioRoom03.jpg
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	401628Click image for larger version

Name:	RadioRoom04.jpg
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	401625
                              Last edited by Enigmatism415; 09-13-2012, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X