Resident Evil 6 - Public Demo now available on PSN and LIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
    Wait, what? On a traditional 4:3 CRT, the MT Framework games should display things "normally" and not slightly pulled to each side like in the HD shots. Should totally check your console's output settings then (Not that I've ever had to run these in SD myself, but in 4:3 aspect ratio,s there's no reason for them to not be alligned on top of one another.)
    It's been a while since I've played on a 4:3 CRT so I'm probably wrong and MT-F does it right...
    I did play RE5 on a SDTV back then, but when games started to be designed using HDTV as the standard I had to upgrade. Hard times trying to read most texts and subtitles in my good ol' TV.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

RE5 does the funky screen thing on old, crappy TV's. I'm poor and it definitively does it on mine.

Comment

Basically, if you're playing on a 4:3 screen, the treatment in games like RE5, LP2, RE6, etc. should be (assuming your console is not set to widescreen);

Single player: Game uses letterboxing to achieve 16:9 aspect ratio.
        Splitscreen: Game should remove vertical letterboxing and basically just stack two screens on top of of one another with "slight" horizontal letterboxing on each side (some of which will be consumed by overscan anyway) to maintain aspect ratio ... no need to shuffle things around "brutally"

if they're not doing that ... what the heck ... that is ... silly (if they basically just maintain the vertical letterboxing AND start shuffling things around in 4:3 mode)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
          RE5 does the funky screen thing on old, crappy TV's. I'm poor and it definitively does it on mine.
          So I wasn't that lost... Thanks Darkmoon. Oh and BTW I'm poor also LOL. Thank god for proper use of credit cards, because HDTVs are waaaaaaaaay overpriced (as everything "fancy-techy" here).

Guess this partially proves my point.

if they're not doing that ... what the heck ... that is ... silly (if they basically just maintain the vertical letterboxing AND start shuffling things around in 4:3 mode)
          It's Capcom. Silly business at it's best.
          Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 09-24-2012, 04:25 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Five was fun at first because of the novelty, but it soon wore off and it was just another third person shooter but far clunkier. Then the zombies got guns and I powered through, and never touched it again. With Six I was hoping it'd sort of balance out with the gameplay, Leon would be RE4, Chris would be RE5 and Jake would be a new and fresh experience since he's all close combat, and flashy, but I found them all to be a bit too similar to truly be different. The HUD change is nice, if a bit difficult to master, hard enough to learn one menu system let alone three, but at the end of the day it's the same mechanics but with different enemies. Leon could shoot a guy with a gun just as easily as Jake could shoot a guy without one, is what I'm getting at.

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
              To keep it simple, with Resident Evil, Capcom does this:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I don't know why they chose this layout, but I'm pretty sure it's going to give you eyesores if you don't have a big screen... There's so much wasted space that could be used for a better FOV.

Now let's see how other co-op games handle splitscreen:

Gears of War:

Spoiler:

Splinter Cell: Conviction
              Spoiler:

Borderlands:
              Spoiler:

Kane & Lynch 2:

Spoiler:

Those use a bigger area for each player, either horizontal or vertical work... I can't see why RE can't benefit of having a different splitscreen layout.
              true why must they mess up the slit screen keep it simple capcom

Comment

I am so depressed with a positive open mind.....How can anyone, including Capcom pass off Leon's gameplay as 'Survival Horror' ?
                Three massive dynamics of the older games were puzzles, exploration, and interaction with your environment, all three utterly lacking in that demo. You cannot search anything for atmospheric descriptions, you cannot deviate from the dull linear path, and at no point do you need to engage any intellect beyond "duh I need to shoot dat".

How anyone can find that one-dimensional, puzzleless, explorationless, descriptionless, linear boredom to represent an enjoyable, intelligent survival horror experiance is completely beyond me. The distinguishing thing about Leon's campaign is that it bears no relation to the older games, unless Capcom choose just to demo the sections that had none of the redeeming features of Resident Evil. The A.I of the Zombies is absolutely useless, to the point that with experienceless & poor aiming they still posed no danger to me, whilst I had my hand held with a kindagarton arrow showing me how to walk a f@@king linear path.....I aint no genius but Capcom must think me an utter moron.

Chris & Jake's linear, Call of Duty scenarios were more of the same, and so I am very concerned as to where in the final game the developers have injected exploration, interest in interactive environments, and exploration of a level beyond primary school. Resident Evil 4 is light years ahead on all issues.
                Last edited by GEORGE TREVOR; 09-25-2012, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Got the game. Played through the intro + tapped into Chris' scenario's intro after the opening segment. I'm ... surprised (positively)

Comment

Got the game. Played through the intro + tapped into Chris' scenario's intro after the opening segment. I'm ... surprised (positively)
                    Without spoilers I am very curious as to what you're positively surprised about, especially if you had any of the demo frustrations that I had......I really can't take another heart brake RE5 style.

Comment

Oh you GameStop motherfucker! I guess I'm at war with Norway.

Comment

http://www.viddler.com/channel/GamingParodies res 6 big spoilers looks a bit silly to me so far

Comment

I'm jealous. Just a few days more. If I'm lucky, mexican retailers will break the street release date and I'll get it soon. Enjoy it Carn!

Comment

Working...
                          X