Capcom on Resident Evil 2 Remake Possibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom on Resident Evil 2 Remake Possibility

Capcom Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi says that no planned project for a remake of Resident Evil 2 is in the work at the moment. He said, however, "if the fans really clamor for it; if there's a groundswell of support for remaking that game", then that's something Capcom would take under consideration.

As for Resident Evil 6 PC, he said that additional news for it will comes soon, but don't expect it before the console versions are released.

I have created a facebook page for fans to show their support for a remake. https://www.facebook.com/RemakeResidentEvil2
    Last edited by falafel; 09-27-2012, 07:56 AM.

Comment

oh dear.. i really hope they do a good job on it...
      and not fuck it up

Comment

what kind of remake are we talking about? >>
        i hope capcom will just revamp the graphics and give it RE4's over the shoulder camera angle (and maybe the limb targeting mechanic perhaps, i would love a return of the Self-defense items from REmake)

BUT leave the rest of the game alone! keep the non-linear exploration and the inventory system intact and for god sakes don't dumb it down!

i feel weird.. this makes me excited but very worried at the same time

Comment

I always wished this. RE2 is my favorite game of the series. Even if they took it into consideration, we wouldn't see the game for years so there is no reason for excitement.
          sigpic
          "So leon, why are you in RE6?... Well, Hunnigan... I needed to right... a Wong... YEEAAAAHHH!

Comment

I hope they're thinking REmake then just RE4 with a RE2 skin.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, I fully welcome a remake AS LONG as it's like REmake. That means it's just like the original but updated in every possible way. I don't want to see a RE2make and have it be something like ORC. Unfortunately, IF capcom does decide on remaking RE2, I don't see them keeping it the same gameplay as the original.

Prove me wrong Capcom, prove me wrong.

Also enough fan support? Hasn't there been plenty of fan support for the past 5-6 years? Possibly more? What more fan support are they looking for?

Comment

Ugh, please, no. So many of us have expressed countless times our identical concerns about a RE2 remake. I don't trust Capcom enough to do it properly and, thus, they need to leave the game alone...

Originally posted by Spera01 View Post
                Also enough fan support? Hasn't there been plenty of fan support for the past 5-6 years? Possibly more? What more fan support are they looking for?
                Ha, this was my thought, as well... A large portion of the community has clamored about it for years and years, so their statement about fan support is rather confusing.

Comment

Just do it already

Comment

Originally posted by Spera01 View Post
                    Were they not there in 2002? I'm pretty sure people were suspecting 2 and 3 would get the REmake treatment at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by BBboy20 View Post
                      Were they not there in 2002? I'm pretty sure people were suspecting 2 and 3 would get the REmake treatment at the time.
                      Well I'm sure there were plenty of fans back then. I'm just saying because I didn't notice a huge fan support for it until around the time I listed. Then we got Darkside a few years later, which obviously wasn't what people wanted.

Comment

I'm totally for a remake. As long as they get Court back as Claire. I'd like to see someone who actually sounded like a young man, like Haddad, play Leon but they'll probably just stick Mercer in the role with the same voice he had in 6 and damnation. =\

In any case, the worst thing that happens is it's not good and we go back to the original, with REmake2 mocked for eternity. If you look at the case with Resident Evil 1. It got a marvellous remake but, outside of 'canon' replacements, the original game never really got replaced by it. The RE6 collection is including the original, not the remake which, as far as I know, has only been released on two nintendo-exclusive consoles. RE2 is a treasure, and a remake (good or bad) won't change that =]

Comment

Originally posted by BBboy20 View Post
                          When they announced the REmake (along with the franchise appearing on the GameCube) in 2001 they were asked why the other games were being ported rather than remade like the first and were told it was due to length of production and ironically, getting in the way of RE4's development. That shut the press up mostly, and while the Remake impressed I think people at the time overlooked the idea of remakes more over getting 4 as well. It's only more as years go on that people ask about it more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
                            I'm totally for a remake. As long as they get Court back as Claire. I'd like to see someone who actually sounded like a young man, like Haddad, play Leon but they'll probably just stick Mercer in the role with the same voice he had in 6 and damnation. =\
                            If a remake happened, I'd actually prefer them to continue using Mercer. With proper voice direction, he could pull off a younger, more naive and vulnerable Leon. I think he proved his versatility in Darkside Chronicles, a game which I don't believe had stable, patient voice directing. Just look at the difference between D.C. Douglas' performance in Umbrella Chronicles versus RE5. One game was thrown together rather quickly, the other was not. And, although Darkside Chronicles had better voice acting, I still don't believe they gave the actors much time to really get into their roles. I truly like Mercer as Leon; he's a good actor, but a voice director would just really have to work with him in order to successfully pull off how Leon should sound circa-1998.

Comment

Originally posted by Bianca View Post
                              If a remake happened, I'd actually prefer them to continue using Mercer. With proper voice direction, he could pull off a younger, more naive and vulnerable Leon. I think he proved his versatility in Darkside Chronicles, a game which I don't believe had stable, patient voice directing. Just look at the difference between D.C. Douglas' performance in Umbrella Chronicles versus RE5. One game was thrown together rather quickly, the other was not. And, although Darkside Chronicles had better voice acting, I still don't believe they gave the actors much time to really get into their roles. I truly like Mercer as Leon; he's a good actor, but a voice director would just really have to work with him in order to successfully pull off how Leon should sound circa-1998.
                              I guess I'm just more fond of the young, naive...nobody listens to me ;-;...Leon. I feel like everyone else just makes him sound too cool.

But you're right, good direction goes a long way!
                              Last edited by Kei_M; 09-27-2012, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X