Capcom on Resident Evil 2 Remake Possibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
    I'm totally for a remake. As long as they get Court back as Claire.
    Why wouldn't they? She's always been Claire in every single RE game including spin-offs.
    Either way this is not gonna happen, it's the usual excuse Capcom uses all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Alkar View Post
      Why wouldn't they? She's always been Claire in every single RE game including spin-offs.
      Either way this is not gonna happen, it's the usual excuse Capcom uses all the time.
      You never know, Sally eventually got replaced despite her ties to the series. I've always assumed there's a bit of a hassle with Alyson in Toronto and the rest of the cast together elsewhere that might eventually lead to a recast. I'm hoping it wouldn't but really, you never know what the casting directors decide.

Claire's my favorite protag, I guess it's just better for me not to get my hopes up, otherwise I'll just be devastated.
      Last edited by Kei_M; 09-27-2012, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
        When they announced the REmake (along with the franchise appearing on the GameCube) in 2001 they were asked why the other games were being ported rather than remade like the first and were told it was due to length of production and ironically, getting in the way of RE4's development. That shut the press up mostly, and while the Remake impressed I think people at the time overlooked the idea of remakes more over getting 4 as well. It's only more as years go on that people ask about it more and more.
        I agree with Capcom's decision to only remake the first game at that moment. The series needed a new direction in the form of RE4 very much at that moment because the reviewers were complaining that the latter games are rehash of the first games.

What I disagree is they didn't bother to port over the best version or make the GC versions the 'definite' versions in terms of contents. GC RE2 is missing many things such as the gallery mode or the EX files.

But to be honest, I will rather have a remake of the new scenarios in Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles in the form of the classic REs than a RE2 remake.
        Last edited by xfactor; 09-27-2012, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
          .r
          But to be honest, I will rather have a remake of the new scenarios in Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles in the form of the classic REs than a RE2 remake.
          This. Even if it was in the RE4-6 style, I would love to see an expanded version of both "Umbrella's End" & "Operation Javier".
          I really doubt Capcom could pull a proper REmake2 that lives up to the original...

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
            Capcom Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi says that no planned project for a remake of Resident Evil 2 is in the work at the moment. He said, however, "if the fans really clamor for it; if there's a groundswell of support for remaking that game", then that's something Capcom would take under consideration.

As for Resident Evil 6 PC, he said that additional news for it will comes soon, but don't expect it before the console versions are released.

http://asia.gamespot.com/news/reside...upport-6397240
            I also started a petition aswell.

sigpic
            www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

"if the fans really clamor for it; if there's a groundswell of support for remaking that game", then that's something Capcom would take under consideration.
              Oh, just like how many fans clamored for 1.5, right?

Not to mention that if it did get remade, they'd just make it more action anyway. It wouldn't get done the way it should get done. After all, like they said, "Action route makes sense."

Why would they remake it just to please the "small" fanbase that loves the old-style REs?

What surprises me more though is that there are still fans that "believe" Capcom whenever they say something. I've never seen a game company lie so much.
              Last edited by RetroRain; 09-27-2012, 10:56 PM.
              My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
              ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Just so you know... They don't want petitions to show support, they want YOUR MONEY. Go buy RE6 and ORC... [/SARCASM]

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                  Just so you know... They don't want petitions to show support, they want YOUR MONEY. Go buy RE6 and ORC... [/SARCASM]
                  So true. I already bought both of these and really regret ORC. That game is horrendous. I don't want Capcom to EVER outsource RE games again. They are always of much lower quality yet sell for the same price.

As for RE6 PC, let's hope it comes out before 2013. I doubt it though.

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll probably say it over and over, that this only makes sense if they do it REmake style, and they say they won't do that. It's not RE2 if Leon can kick every zombie in the game to death. It just isn't. IF it did happen, and IF it was done in REmake's style (maybe looting 1.5's precinct for a second area to visit...) then I'd break my 'no buy Capcom's shit' rule and ram my money down there throat. If they make it RE4/5/6 style, with Claire and Leon battling it out together against zombies with guns then instead I will shove there own severed cocks down there throats with a scream of such unbridled rage the very earth will crack and Capcom's buildings, each one across the globe, will sink into the magma and be forever destroyed.

Seriously. No REmakle is infinitely better than a shitty one.

Comment

the thought of them remaking RE2 actually sounds very risky.
                      there are so many fans pissed off at what capcom is doing to this series, if they were to take the most honored game in the franchise and fuck it up so badly.. that would be the last straw for a lot of people.. a LOT

they could lose a ton of fans over this if they shit on their favorite piece of nostalgia, for the love of god ether do it right or leave it alone

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        I've said it before, and I'll probably say it over and over, that this only makes sense if they do it REmake style, and they say they won't do that. It's not RE2 if Leon can kick every zombie in the game to death. It just isn't. IF it did happen, and IF it was done in REmake's style (maybe looting 1.5's precinct for a second area to visit...) then I'd break my 'no buy Capcom's shit' rule and ram my money down there throat. If they make it RE4/5/6 style, with Claire and Leon battling it out together against zombies with guns then instead I will shove there own severed cocks down there throats with a scream of such unbridled rage the very earth will crack and Capcom's buildings, each one across the globe, will sink into the magma and be forever destroyed.

Seriously. No REmakle is infinitely better than a shitty one.
                        Reminded me of this:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	pa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	401690

But much more... colorfull though.

Comment

...well, I've certainly felt that way with WoW players once or twice. But yes, I've always been vaguely jealous of that speech.

Comment

With any luck, nothing will come of this.
                            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Id like to see it, i doubt it will ever happen, the fan support comment sounds like their way of saying its more or less not going to happen. besides if it does happen I'll want a remake of resident evil three too, Although id be more worried abou that game since every new version of nemesis ive seen has been shit.

Comment

My opinion on the subject would be that they do remake the game but give you the option of playing the game with the pre RE4 camera angles or the over the should Post RE4 camera angles ala the RE5 DLC.

Comment

Working...
                                X