Resident Evil 6 Shipment, Site Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 6 Shipment, Site Update

RE6 Official Jpn site just got updated with some new wallpapers.

ゲームというエンターテインメントを通じて「遊文化」をクリエイトする株式会社カプコンのウェブサイト。ゲーム情報サイトをはじめ企業情報サイト、ネットショッピング、ファンサイトなど、さまざまなサービスについても紹介しています。

Capcom also announced that 4.5 million copies of RE6 has been shipped.

Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) is pleased to announce that worldwide initial shipments of "Resident Evil 6", the latest addition to the "Resident Evil" franchise, for "PlayStation? 3" and Xbox 360? have surpassed 4.5 million. "Resident Evil" is a series of survival-horror games in which players use weapons and other items in order to escape from

Cool, but I don't care about "shipped", I care about "sold".
    Last edited by Zombie; 10-04-2012, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie View Post
      Cool, but I don't care about "shipped", I care about "sold".
      but isnt shipped in capcom eyes mean sold?

Comment

I would think so?

Comment

Copies shipped= copies that Capcom actually sold to retailers. Wether those copies sell or not is another story but considering certain stores were sold out I'd say they'll probably ship more.

Comment

Well lets consider that Take-Two Interactive bragged that it had shipped 3 million units of Max Payne 3 to retail.

But in terms of actual sales, that game underperformed on all platforms. Not meeting their expectations.
            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
            sigpic

Comment

Capcom shipping target is 7 million. So we just need to keep an eye out on further updates. If they ship more then copies got sold. But I will be surprised given the public perception to reviews if this outsells RE5.

Max Payne 3 was a funny release. Completely undersold on consoles in the US but it is surprisingly higher than expected on the years sales charts in UK and Europe and Australia. That's where the bulk was sold.

And the stats I have seen don't take into account PC sales including digital downloads. Considering the majority if the fan base played the first two on PC seemed obvious that's where the sales would be but I don't know what those are. Any links Pik?
              Last edited by Rombie; 10-05-2012, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Well I dunno exactly how Max Payne fared on PC, but I believe the game underperformed on both consoles and PC, according to some of the sources I read. They seem to mention that it didn't meet expectations on all platforms.

I could only find this link from a trusted site:

And that went down despite Take Two initially trying to spin things by saying they had shipped 3 million units of MP.
                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                sigpic

Comment

Well that would have only given the PC version a month (came out May 29th), so it must have underpreformed but to how much who knows. Would be interested to see what the totals ended up being for the whole year.

Comment

This confirms RE7, which will be made with Michael Bays feedback. Less horror, more explosions and riding on rooftops...with Nic Cage as a Wesker clone.
                    Last edited by Wrathborne; 10-06-2012, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                      Nic Cage as a Wesker clone.
                      Game of the year material.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                        This confirms RE7, which will be made with Michael Bays feedback. Less horror, more explosions and riding on rooftops...with Nic Cage as a Wesker clone.
                        It'd be absolutely brilliant!

Warning, Horrible/Hilarious acting incoming:

In all seriousness though, I wonder how many of these shipped copies actually sold?

Comment

Most of them, I'd imagine. There really isn't a reason to think the game isn't selling well. Bar a few of us crazy old fans too burned out by Capcom's antics to bother even most of us rushed out to buy it. For the Call of Modern Battlefield junkies the constant explosions and occasional boob monster will have made the game totally brotastic.

I don't see Capcom having any problems, given it's a big name and they had a big (and good) marketing campaign.

Comment

Review scores will be the biggest hurdle to long term legs on the sales. As crap as it is there is a massive link to the metacritic level to sales. It goes without saying but on average the lower the overall score the lower the total sales.

Comment

Outsold by FIFA 13 in the UK even though its sales dropped heavily in its second week.

Capcom's action-focussed survival horror game is held off top spot by FIFA 13, even though EA Sports' title dropped 72 per cent in sales over last week.

Comment

Working...
                              X