Resident Evil 6 First Week Sales in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 6 First Week Sales in Japan

Resident Evil 6's initial week sales in Japan has been revealed by Media Creates.

According to Media Creates, 672411 copies of Resident Evil 6 were sold on both 360 and PS3.

A further breakdown indicates that the 634.933 copies were sold on the PS3 and the remaining 41.652 copies were on the 360.

Source: http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20121010078/

WOW it surpassed RE5 initial sales by almost double the amount.
    Last edited by Vito; 10-10-2012, 09:36 AM.

Comment

That is an insane launch. Capcom worked some marketing craze over there. 41,000 in Xbox alone in Japan is also crazy. Makes up for the UK one.

Comment

good for Capcom i really underestimated resident evil 6 turn out to be one of the best resident evils yet

Comment

Yeah, no. The game is awful.

I know the cod fanbase will love that Chris's campaign feels kind of like gears of war....but no. The game just isnt fun to play. I put in an hour, did not have any fun. I enjoyed using the melee attack and bashing the J'avo with my gun for about 5 minutes, then it got old, then I was pretty much forced from objective to objective in the burning building and I just died a little inside when I realized what the game was...

Its a long, long hallway. In this Hallway there are 3 rooms, one of them is the exit the other two are rooms you get to explore after you complete a stupid objective like 'Run in circles for 1 minute', then "enter and exit this room 7 times". Then you get to open both doors, open a box and have to exit the hallway...into another longer, hallway.

You don't have any real open areas to explore and its like they just made up the linear path by itself and built a city around it to make it look like they tried. I stopped playing after I beat Ogoroman in Edonia(well, chased him off) because I just got bored.

Games going to sell incredibly well though, the new fanbase is going to make sure that RE7 takes place in outerspace and that Alien DNA is used for a new virus and Claire is the main character who is a part time astronaut.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
            I love your fac... I mean Opinion.

Comment

I know the cod fanbase will love that Chris's campaign feels kind of like gears of war....but no. The game just isnt fun to play. I put in an hour, did not have any fun. I enjoyed using the melee attack and bashing the J'avo with my gun for about 5 minutes, then it got old, then I was pretty much forced from objective to objective in the burning building and I just died a little inside when I realized what the game was...

Its a long, long hallway. In this Hallway there are 3 rooms, one of them is the exit the other two are rooms you get to explore after you complete a stupid objective like 'Run in circles for 1 minute', then "enter and exit this room 7 times". Then you get to open both doors, open a box and have to exit the hallway...into another longer, hallway.

You don't have any real open areas to explore and its like they just made up the linear path by itself and built a city around it to make it look like they tried. I stopped playing after I beat Ogoroman in Edonia(well, chased him off) because I just got bored.

Games going to sell incredibly well though, the new fanbase is going to make sure that RE7 takes place in outerspace and that Alien DNA is used for a new virus and Claire is the main character who is a part time astronaut.
              i am not a new fan or anything like that i do miss the old games to agree Chris,s parts were a bit dull but Leons and Adas where pretty good or to me

Comment

Yeah have to say that crazy marketing didn't work on me. I'll never, ever play this game... even RE5 didn't look that bad compared to this. I'm not gonna post this again don't worry, just saying it once so everyone knows my opinion. It's time for someone, anyone, to start a new canon from CV onwards. If you are a true RE fan you'll understand why this has to be done..

Comment

True fan? lol.

Comment

Yeah, well, I'm working from the assumption that a true RE fan knows when he's playing a good game and when he's lapping up Capcom's piss and farts. I know, it's a pretty bold assumption to make, especially in this day and age.

It's not just Capcom's fault, its what the market is demanding, crap by the barrel load. Saw someone play Guild Wars II the other day, what a shite MMORPG, people just following pretty colors and markers around a map. No thinking about what they're actually doing. Haven't played RE6 but I bet you a 100 bucks its the same. Gotta choose your games carefully now or you end up with some shockers that try to numb your mind.

RE sucks balls now, almost everyone I've spoke to says that recently. They're even saying the older games are pointless.. Are you gonna take that? RE6 taking a huge dump on your great original RE games?? No, I wouldn't either...

Comment

You said it dude.

Newsbot is willing to see the series continue like this because he wants to see the new story arc end. I understand that, its impressive that hes willing to stick with the series even though its pulling this stupid shit, but I dont have that kind of patience.
                      I'm just tired of seeing something I grew up with and used to love continue going down hill just to keep the new fanbase spending.

Either the series needs to just die, or hit the fucking reboot switch at this point.

Comment

You said it dude.

Newsbot is willing to see the series continue like this because he wants to see the new story arc end. I understand that, its impressive that hes willing to stick with the series even though its pulling this stupid shit, but I dont have that kind of patience.
                        I'm just tired of seeing something I grew up with and used to love continue going down hill just to keep the new fanbase spending.

Either the series needs to just die, or hit the fucking reboot switch at this point.
                        it was a good game and a vast majority seem to agree on that judging be the sales

Comment

Sales dont determine a games quality, they determine an interest in the game based on promotional material.

Comment

that true you are right but i still think a game as to be good to sell well and most people seem happy but you have good points did not like most of Chris,s game to far from the old days but i think Leon and Adas as good parts seems that focused more on them than the others

Comment

You said it dude.

I think Newsbot and co have a lot "invested" in this series, I guess with the amount of work they've done on this canon, its understandable they don't have much of a prob with it. But most fans don't have this excuse..

Comment

Working...
                              X