No announcement yet.

REmake & RE0 backgrounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow those are fan-made renders?! You should work in a game industry already!

Comment

Originally posted by MiLØ View Post
      Wow those are fan-made renders?! You should work in a game industry already!
      They already work in the industry, those models/textures are made by CAPCOM, that guy only extracted the models from the .iso of the game, imported it into 3ds Max (with the appropriate plugin) and hit render.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
        They already work in the industry, those models/textures are made by CAPCOM, that guy only extracted the models from the .iso of the game, imported it into 3ds Max (with the appropriate plugin) and hit render.
        Which game, Umbrella Chronicles?

Comment

I don't recall them looking so gorgeous in UC ....
          Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
          ^ Lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
            I don't recall them looking so gorgeous in UC ....
            Me neither, but I don't think there's any other game in the franchise that would have a polygonal version of the mansion. If they were, indeed, extracted from a game and not made by hand.
            Last edited by The Ekamp; 01-19-2013, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Those renders are amazing. The dining room is so iconic.
              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by The Ekamp View Post
                Which game, Umbrella Chronicles?
                Exactly, I don't have the game so for now I can't show you the models, but following this http://mafiascene.net/phpbb/viewtopi...&t=7870&p=7895 you can extract them by yourself, characters too.
                Last edited by SonicBlue; 01-19-2013, 01:30 PM.

Comment

SonicBlue, could you or another design expert tell me why the perspectives in the classic RE games are different from their equivalents within recreated 3D environments, even if their dimensions are precise? For example, if I were to construct a model of a room in RE2 using precise measurements, why is it that no matter how I position the camera, it never looks exactly like the angle used in the game? Is there some kind of lens effect that makes the backgrounds from the actual game look longer or more spacious than they actually are? Not even the talents of the Team were able to lock onto the angles perfectly, if the Advent videos are any indication.

Comment

Looking at these makes me wish the next CG film was actually just a retelling of Bio 1. I'd love to see flashbacks pre-accident of scientists and workers going about their everyday business at the Arklay estate.
                    "I've got 100 cows."
                    "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Bumping this topic from the dead, since I wanted this to get more attention. A modeller over at the modding forums is remaking a couple of rooms from REmake. Lighting and a couple of objects aside, the main hall he made is practically almost identical to the official one:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	XlCMaP8.gif
Views:	1
Size:	903.6 KB
ID:	404750

Hello everyone! As some of you may already know, I've started working on a 3D recreation of REmake's mansion. After months of hard work modeling and texturing, I finally finished the fi
                      Seibu teh geimu?
                      ---

Comment

I really like that day time dining room! I always wondered what bits would look like during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                          Bumping this topic from the dead, since I wanted this to get more attention. A modeller over at the modding forums is remaking a couple of rooms from REmake. Lighting and a couple of objects aside, the main hall he made is practically almost identical to the official one:
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]10049[/ATTACH]

http://residentevilmodding.boards.ne...ansion-renders
                          Jesus Christ! You dont understand how blown away I am!

I wonder how long it took him to do that???

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                            if some of u dudez think its lacking some dirty/noisy details, consider this as the mansion before outbreak!
                            Some jerk still knocked his glass over and didn't push his chair in.

Probably Steve, that scumbag.
                            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Working...
                            X