Evil Dead (2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new look of the Neconomicon.
    The Official Facebook Page for the forthcoming EVIL DEAD re-whateveritis has posted two images of Necronomicon Ex-Mortis - "The Book of the Dead" - from the picture, scheduled for release April 2013. The version featured in Sam Raimi's...

Its not bad,but it lacks the distinct look of the original. It DOES look more like the book was bound in flesh and stuff though.

Though I DO like the illustration of the demon, or a demon inside the book. Thats really a nice twisted design.

Comment

I couldn't agree more than that !

Comment

Better than the DVD case.

Click image for larger version

Name:	necronomicon-5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	401885

Lawl.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

The mouth looks like a.... O.o

Comment

That book looks like it's been smoking the pot. That would explain why it tries to eat Ash's hand in AoD, it has the 'munchies'. Also it's lips look really dry. Someone give it some chap stick.

Anyway about the remake.. Evil Dead has already been made once before, so this seems kinda ridiculous. Raimi should just make an actual sequel or call this movie something else entirely (Drag me to hell just about could've been Evil dead 4). Calling this new movie 'Evil dead' just invites criticism (just like every other modern remake).
            sigpic

Comment

You must be new to the topic at hands, heres a quick summary on some shit:

Ash is not a part of the film at all.
              Fede Alvarez is not a Hollywood director, but an independent one whose style Caught Raimi's eye on Youtube.
              While Raimi and co. aren't writing the script, they have helped guide it in someways so as to not intrude in what Fede wants to do with the story.
              Raimi and co. want to re-introduce the franchise to the new generation.
              Raimi and co. are also retaining control over the franchise.
              Raimi himself is still intent on doing a 4th Evil Dead film, this film could very well be a reintroduction for the franchise if/when he does do ED4. I'm not gonna speculate on that, but from a business perspective, it does make sense.

And lastly Raimi, Tapert, and Campbell have all already been crucified online from as many trolls as there can be over their choice to 'reboot' the series. While the fans are right to be upset, at the same time they're overlooking the fact that Raimi,Tapert, and Campbell could have easily just sold the rights to Hollywood for money and walked away wealthier than they were before.

They didn't. Instead they're retaining control over their property and have gotten some "new Blood"(Bad pun, I know) into the franchise.

I also should point out that the choice to make a new Evil dead film does in no way negate the existence, laughter, and memories of the original 3 films. I am a bit skeptical on the new film, but at the same time I'm interested in it.

I want to support The Evil Dead filmakers, they were responsible for so many good memories I had as a kid.

Comment

We can say if this is good or not if they do something so much more mindblowing than the bizarre original stop-motion ending scene.

and, talking about sequels, i think army of the darkness reminds Lord of the Rings so much.
                Last edited by yurieu; 11-11-2012, 04:00 AM.

Comment

What, this one?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	evildeadposter-watermark.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	401993

The first poster. Not bad, shows someone has just gone through some insane shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                      What, this one?
                      you dude is the master of the funny thread. the fail song in the news made me laugh 2 or 3 days.

hey, who watched the dead next door?
                      Last edited by yurieu; 11-20-2012, 03:53 PM.

Comment

This is looking more like Evil Dead now, Little iffy on some of what I've seen(The generic demon possessed lesbian kiss? Really? This isnt "Night of the demons" ya know) but yeah the films still looking intriguing.

Have a look!

Comment

Its looking fantastic!

Comment

Noooo !

Nah !

Comment

This film is dealing with a woman who is going through drug withdrawl and suffering form hallucinations among other things so the supernatural aspects a re supposed to be toned down initially.

But who knows?

Comment

I wasn't aware of that, but either way i'm not a big fan of hallucinations mombo jumbo stuff, it makes my head all fuzzy ! i prefer the good old supernatural elements !

Comment

Working...
                                X