Resident Evil 6 getting major (and free) update patch this December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 6 getting major (and free) update patch this December

Capcom just announced that they'll be releasing a pretty meaty update patch for Resident Evil 6 in December, once again proving that they listen to feedback and take it seriously.

Stuff being tweaked for the patch is;
    -Additional camera settings/controls (FOV adjustment being the main addition)
    -Unlocked final campaign and difficulty from the go
    -Optional co-op partner for final campaign
    -Mix 'n' match options for audio and subtitle language

Jump to the source link for pics of some of the new features/tweaks in action.

Source:
    Capcom Unity - Camera, language options adjusted in upcoming free RE6 update

Unlocking Ada's campaign from the get go is a stupid decision, also adding a Co-Op partner to a single player campaign that doesn't need one. Well, atleast its free.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
      Unlocking Ada's campaign from the get go is a stupid decision, also adding a Co-Op partner to a single player campaign that doesn't need one. Well, atleast its free.
      Agreed. And people talked about RE5 having "forced co-op" yet now we have this. Ada doesn't need a co-op partner. Her campaign was one of my favorites BECAUSE it was a solo deal. He's a faceless nobody with Barry's taunt. Capcom really didn't think this through. I'm just glad that it's left optional if you dont want to add his ass.

Also...no word on when the maps are going to be up? Oh, Capcom.
      sigpic
      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I can't believe you people are fucking complaining about an OPTIONAL thing. My god..

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
          I can't believe you people are fucking complaining about an OPTIONAL thing. My god..
          Well we're all getting a bit emotional over this (for different reasons), aren't we? Touchy, touchy.

My GAWD indeed.
          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bertha View Post
            Agreed. And people talked about RE5 having "forced co-op" yet now we have this. Ada doesn't need a co-op partner. Her campaign was one of my favorites BECAUSE it was a solo deal. He's a faceless nobody with Barry's taunt. Capcom really didn't think this through.
            More thought was probably put into it by Capcom than the collective amount of brain power displayed by the fans when they're "complaining" about freely added optional features.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
              Merely stating my opinion. No complaining. I just find it completely nonsensical.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                Merely stating my opinion. No complaining. I just find it completely nonsensical.
                What's so "nonsensical" about adding of optional co-op? The rest of the game has 2-4 player co-op, even Umbrella Chronicles had unlockable co-op for the "single player" levels (iirc).

(I agree that it's silly that they unlock Ada's campaign)

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post

(I agree that it's silly that they unlock Ada's campaign)
                  Its not silly.

The producers of the game feared that mainstream gamers would not bother to finish the game. So they unlocked that shit up.
                  Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                  sigpic

Comment

So? "Oh God they might not finish our game, now they'll play the bit we were going to reward people with and still not finish the other bits, making the already confusing story structure even more confusing and make them even more likely to think it's shit! That'll grab us more precious sales!"

I don't see the logic. The people who were never gonna finish the game still aren't - they might play Ada's scenario before stopping is all. Is it really worth it to have people play an extra few hours? Do Capcom charge by the hour played now? Aw shit, guess we know what there next update will be...your bill for paying 31 hours of RE6.

I honestly don't understand it. I can't even see where the sales are, which is usually a good method of working out what Capcom is thinking - follow the trail of money they've dropped on there way to the coke fueled hate orgy on the Management level.

Comment

Like the rest of RE6 is trying to pander to every minority complaint possible.
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Reminds me of how they patched the "impossible" third mission in Lost Planet 2 ...

Impossible ... if you are a fucking dull wank fang.

Comment

Only Resident Evil fans would complain about something that is both free and optional.

Just imagine if Capcom was charging for it instead. Yeesh.
                          Last edited by Archelon; 10-25-2012, 07:57 AM.

Comment

I just don't get the logic behind the move. Although I can see how people who have put the time and effort into unlocking it, especially if they didn't especially enjoy one or two of the paths through, would kinda be annoyed that it's being unlocked because some whining guys didn't want to have to beat the game to play it.

It would be kinda like a game where you finish the intro and get all the achievements/trophies for the game because some folks decided it was too hard to get them after you had, personally, sunk hours into the game to get those exact same achievements. Of course, that would involve caring about achievements...

Comment

I donnt understand why people are complaining about optional co-op for the final campaign, i mean, it is optional, so it wont effect the story at all. If you dont want to play the final campaign in co op, well then dont i guess. Im glad for these updates to be honest. Making the final campaign optional from the beginning seems a bit pointless though. Means i better hurry up and finish the game before the patch comes through.
                              Still I have gto say well done to capcom, glad its all free too.

Comment

Working...
                              X