Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 6 getting major (and free) update patch this December

THIA Staff

Behold as people probably start bitchin' if they add 4 player co-op to every chapter in the entire game

Shoehorning Co-Op into a mainline RE game has never been a reason to complain. I mean, RE fans demanded that in RE1, RE2, RE3, CVX, RE4.

And they also loved Sheva in RE5.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.

#55 Oswell E. Spencer Wrathborne's Avatar

We don't talk about Sheva...Ya know, because we dont want to remember her..."NEED AMMO! THANKS PARTNER!"
    Last edited by Wrathborne; 10-28-2012 at 01:41 PM.

THIA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Pikminister View Post
    Shoehorning Co-Op into a mainline RE game has never been a reason to complain. I mean, RE fans demanded that in RE1, RE2, RE3, CVX, RE4.
    If I had a cent for every time people moaned about how "cool" and "amazing" those 3 seconds of Biohazard 1 co-op footage looked, I'd probably have been able to buy not just the Resident Evil franchise from Capcom, but actually purchase a majority of the shares in Capcom and assumed full control of their entire production line.

Now ... imagine what I'd be able to do if I also had a cent for every time people moaned about *something* Outbreak *something* and I applied those cents as the budget to the development of a title ...

THIA Staff

It did look fucking amazing at the time though... because at that time we were in the days of link up with Command & Conquer Red Alert, Bushido Blade first person mode and DOOM, and this was with Resident Evil. Sweet times. Only that co-op looked like an AI follower IIRC, probably possible with GS codes by now I imagine. Time changes everything

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivol View Post
    If I had a cent for every time people moaned about how "cool" and "amazing" those 3 seconds of Biohazard 1 co-op footage looked, I'd probably have been able to buy not just the Resident Evil franchise from Capcom, but actually purchase a majority of the shares in Capcom and assumed full control of their entire production line.

Now ... imagine what I'd be able to do if I also had a cent for every time people moaned about *something* Outbreak *something* and I applied those cents as the budget to the development of a title ...
    None of that equals the amount of money I'd make if I got 1 cent for every "the beta would've been better" or "we want 1.5" petition.

THIA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Scream View Post
    Time changes everything
    Ahah. Indeed. Sadly, not everyone (or everything) manages to change with the times

THIA Staff

I can just imagine that conversation taking place back in school 15 years ago..

"OH my days, could you imagine Resident Evil link up mode?" (we wouldn't say co-op then, just link up)

"Yep, that would be fucking wicked mate, I heard they're doing it already for the next one."

"Blowing zombies up together, hah, I would just leave you behind while you're trying to shoot them"

"Yeah that would be funny if you could do that, I would chase you down like a dog and fuck you up with colt python"

..later RE5 is released - no-one cares..

Though if Capcom released a press statement "We're re-releasing RE1 original with co-op mode", I bet everyone would buy it.. but if they say "We're releasing RE: Mercenary Zero, with John the new guy, and its on a boat and has co-op" no-one would really be interested... Time doesn't change the fact RE1 is a classic, it will always be legendary to old and new alike. RE1 is the RE brand, change that and you're dead in the water I think..

Games could be awesome if they knew how to make it more personal again.. honestly I don't care for all those stats and global stat averages etc. It's great for dev/marketing info, but I'm not into it or achievements, just give me a fun game I can play with my friends FFS.. on rails co-op is not fun for me with everything labelled and action scenes happening so perfectly, I just want to walk around an ordinary mansion..

Could be a sign of the times yeh, time of the mindless zombies perhaps..
    Last edited by Scream; 10-28-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scream View Post
    ..later RE5 is released - no-one cares..
    Well...its not that we didn't care, because it DID look really kick ass at the time. But the fact the whole game was a co-op situation it was a little disappointing to not be able to have those solitary survival horror moments from games past.The new 9 slot inventory per character wasn't a big help after getting spoiled by the RE4 inventory system.

The other huge ass problem was, well Sheva-bot if you didn't have a friend to play with. It really soured the experience for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivol View Post
    Behold as people probably start bitchin' if they add 4 player co-op to every chapter in the entire game
    I could honestly care less if they added 6 player co-op to every chapter, I would expect nothing less these days. I don't speak for others, but in my case I think it's ridiculous to unlock Ada's campaign from the start. The fact that you had to complete three large campaigns in order to unlock the fourth was motivation for myself. RE6 has very few unlockable items, and it will soon lose another. Just one man's humble opinion.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

THIA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathborne View Post
    But the fact the whole game was a co-op situation it was a little disappointing to not be able to have those solitary survival horror moments from games past.
    There's Outbreak also of course. That was a rather good RE co-op game.. though I know a lot of people don't like it because of some huge flaws..
    1. released ahead of its time on an infrastructure that couldn't support it properly.
    2. long ass loading times without the HDD.
    3. no communication except third party (which isn't bad now with games like BF3, but before there wasn't as many options)
    4. movement/combat/room loading was kind of goofy/off I felt compared to other RE games.
    5. not at all scary/tense like REmake (I think because of the graphic style/animations/dodgy room loading which disconnected you from what should be a rather seamless world).

You can fix three of those problems just by re-releasing it on PS3..

Yeah I know what you mean by Sheva bot, Ashley was annoying in RE4 for the brief moments you see her, but for the whole game, nooooooo.
    Last edited by Scream; 10-29-2012 at 05:51 AM.

Ashley could hide and get out of the way which was nice...and she DID have that suit of armor which helped out too.

I think Outbreak could have been a better game if the load time wasn't so insane, the combat was cleaned up and it had a real time inventory which needed some commands to heal, or swap weaons without having to go to the inventory :/

He dies.

Hes the BSAA soldier that returns to assist you with T-Rex Simmons.

#49 Giant Majini

Kaboom! Fireball death.

Quote Originally Posted by Vito View Post
    Hes the BSAA soldier that returns to assist you with T-Rex Simmons.
    It's amazing he lived that long since the last you see of him prior to that is when he's on the radio outside the hummer, oblivious to the ten zombies approaching from behind.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Quote Originally Posted by BSAA . Org View Post
    Gotta wait another month for the patch, then we'll find out, if not sooner...
    There won't be anything to find out, he'll show up during gameplat and disappear during cutscenes.

Sorry but I like unlocking stuff by playing through the whole game.If the casuals simple-minded brain can't handle playing through the whole game.Than they should go back to their Call of Duty.Simple as that.Im against the (spoon-fed) free addon.

THIA Staff

I think they should've stuck to a microtransaction for prematurely unlocking the Ada campaign. Like a tiny $0.90 thing to just "unlock everything."

It'd be interesting for statistics and it'd allow those who don't want to play the game to unlock stuff to unlock it right away and it'd allow others to experience things the "normal" way (or ... we could just implement cheats and auto-unlock features, like how Guitar Hero/Rock Band disables achievements/trophies when you use the unlock features to unlock stuff you shouldn't have access to yet)

Your talking about customizing a patch update.

You either take it ALL as it is (with all the pros and cons) or you don't.

And that's why people complain. Cuz its a catch 22 situation.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information