Clear All

• Disney buys Lucasfilm

Episode VII incoming.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

As if the prequels weren't enough damage... :|

Comment

Being a Star Wars fan moust be tough.

Comment

On the plus side, Leia is now a Disney Princess...and Light Sabers in Kingdom Hearts.

Comment

...this is bad news?

1) Lucas is now hands off. Considering that the name alone is a cash grab, and the prequels (even III by now) have a shit reputation, maybe we'll see a "less is more" approach in terms of CGI and such.
          2) The original trilogy might finally see release, untouched, on Blu-Ray.
          3) People were saying the same thing about Disney buying Marvel. Check out the films we've had since.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
            ...this is bad news?

1) Lucas is now hands off. Considering that the name alone is a cash grab, and the prequels (even III by now) have a shit reputation, maybe we'll see a "less is more" approach in terms of CGI and such.
            2) The original trilogy might finally see release, untouched, on Blu-Ray.
            3) People were saying the same thing about Disney buying Marvel. Check out the films we've had since.
            I saw it as a positive...
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              Leia is now a Disney Princess
              All I needed to hear. I support this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                I saw it as a positive...
                No, I didn't mean you, there was no opinion in your post anyway. The majority of the thread seemed to lean the other way.
                Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 10-30-2012, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Disneys monopoly of the entertainment industry is really creepy...

Comment

I can see it now: Darth Vader being defeated by a keyblade...

Comment

Yeah the Internets been saying that all day :/...we all know its coming.

Comment

Holy shit!! This came out of nowhere.
                        sigpic

Comment

It's entirely business, I read some of their business deal transcript on the Disney site yesterday (an ever-green franchise, with limitless potential for growth...guess this is what people expect for 4 billion dollars) but maybe something positive will come out of this. Hard to say right now outside of wishful thinking.
                          Last edited by Code_R; 11-01-2012, 04:56 PM.

Comment

LucasFilm, ILM and Pixar under the same ownership umbrella again too.

More interested to know what it will mean for ILM's animation department staff (Rango's visuals were very good).

Comment

Definately a plus for me. Like many have said, the originals are almost certain to make it on Bluray now in their original versions.

The best Star Wars film of them all didn't have Lucas as a writer or director.

This is all win.
                              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X