Resident Evil Archives books have been reprinted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Archives books have been reprinted

Browsing Amazon this morning I found that the Resident Evil Archives books have been re-released in a bundle.
    The bundle includes the newer volume II, as well as the much sought-after volume I.
    Volume I has been very expensive to buy second hand in recent years; however the new bundle makes both books available at a much more reasonable price.

According to an Amazon reviewer both books have a 2012 publication date. Unfortunately it appears that Brady games missed this opportunity to fix some of the more embarassing errors in Archives I.

I don't know if other retailers are carrying the release, however the link to order through amazon is below.

Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 11-19-2012, 02:43 AM.
    sigpic

I have them, If someone can make a list of the errors of Archives 1, I'll gladly see if they have been fixed.

Comment

I don't have my copy handy, but I remember that in the Resident Evil 2 plot synopsis; when William is on the train it says something like "A Resident Evil has been detected"; as if they've used Ctrl+F to replace every instance of 'Biohazard' with 'Resident Evil'.

Apparently a character relationship chart also says Rebecca is dead? But I'm not sure which; or even if this is the case.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
        Apparently a character relationship chart also says Rebecca is dead? But I'm not sure which; or even if this is the case.
        It's the one for RE3, even though RE2's character chart shows her as alive.

Comment

The Proto-Tyrant section says it was injected with the "maximum amount of the T-Virus", which is laughably bad compared to what it actually says:

Since the t-Virus acted to the full extent of its power in the subject's body, growth of intelligence required for command execution was not expected, and decomposition of the skin was also notably visible.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I doubt they'll change anything for a reprint.
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Ok, I'll check them once I get home.

Comment

doesn't really matter if they reprint it, the original is still gonna be worth a shitload more, even if it has errors.
                Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

All the errors you guys listed are still there, hilarious!

Who the fuck will care for the original? Anyone who buys it at that high price is either an idiot or simply has problems. Thank god the collection came out.

Comment

The first edition wasn't that special anyways. It's not like it was a hardcover or anything. If the only difference between the two is the date on the first page, then I guess that difference isn't worth $50+ to anyone. It's the kind of book you buy for it's content.
                    sigpic

Comment

Since this isn't a fifty plus year old book, it's unlikely the first edition will be any more valuable to anyone but dedicated collectors (who will likely all already own it anyway...Capcom isn't really encouraging that kind of fan dedication anymore) but you never know.

Comment

It's annoying that I already own the second archives. Not quite sure what to do with it now but I'm glad they're finally reprinting the first. I've been wanting it for years but completely unwilling to pay the ridiculous fee for one.

Comment

That's actually a decent price, for a bundle of both volumes. I'm still amazed how pricey the first-print of Volume I has become, which makes me grateful I bought mine all those years ago.

Truthfully, though, the errors in Volume I are amusing, to me. I always get a good chuckle out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
                            All the errors you guys listed are still there, hilarious!

Who the fuck will care for the original? Anyone who buys it at that high price is either an idiot or simply has problems. Thank god the collection came out.
                            There are quite a lot of people simply unfamiliar with the concept of localization errors, so they take things at face-value. Pretty common problem, sadly.
                            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Are these still two separate books in one package or have they been fused together in a single big book?
                              Last edited by TheBatMan; 11-22-2012, 04:05 PM.
                              "I've got 100 cows."
                              "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Working...
                              X