Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Revelations coming to PS3/360?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil: Revelations coming to PS3/360?

According to a listing on the Korean Ratings Board the well received title is heading to both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Source
    sigpic

Urgh, there goes my entire reason for owning a 3DS. I understand why though, the title sold like crap on 3DS.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Not on Vita? That's weird.

Comment

I'm honestly astounded it never happened before RE6's launch, to help get people excited. But it's the one I actually want to play (still haven't gotten around to RE6) so...

Comment

Was actually intending to get a 3DS just for this game, but if it's true about this..it will be great.

Any 3DS specific features used on Revelations that can't be used on consoles?

Comment

Awesome news if this ends up being true. Its the only game in the entire series that I haven't played and I have no interest in doing so on a handheld screen.

Comment

This is wonderful. I'll probably still play it more on the 3DS, but I'll definitely be picking this up if that's the case.

Comment

I also got a 3DS just for Revelations. But honestly, I'm enjoying it more than my consoles up to this point. Mostly because I don't really have time to sit in front of the TV at my living-room (mostly because I have to share it with other family members) and because I do play games on the go.

But this news/rumor, if true, is GREAT. Since more people will be able to play a good Resident Evil games that is as close as it will get to Survival Horror in ages (RE6 came near that but not quite IMO).

Plus the new revenue/cash coming in from the ports would justify a sequel. And I want that either on consoles or a handheld (or both).

Originally posted by Weils View Post
                Any 3DS specific features used on Revelations that can't be used on consoles?
                Aside from the 3D effect (which is not necessary to beat the game), they would need to redesign the interface to work on consoles. Since the original used the touch-screen a lot. Working the inventory screens and also solving many puzzles (like ones where you had to trace lines with the stylus).
                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                sigpic

Comment

I bought my 3DS for Revelations and I really hope this is true. I'll probably still play my 3DS copy more but I'd definitely buy it on 360 to support it. I have friends who don't have a 3DS but would love to play Revelations. This is perfect for them.

I hope the sales are great, I want a sequel, no matter what platform its on.
                  Last edited by Spera01; 11-23-2012, 02:23 PM.

Comment

I wonder if they will sell this at retail here. And at what price.

If it goes for more than $40 bucks then it would certainly need to be an HD remaster of the game. And also include new content - such as Rachel being playable in Raid Mode and adding other new stuff like Jessica's Report, etc. It cannot be the same game that is currently below $20 bucks on amazon.
                    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                    sigpic

Comment

While I can't help but feel a bit sad that I bought a 3DS just to play this game, I'm also happy that Revelations will reach a broader audience. Revelations is in my opinion the best title to come out of the franchise in seven or eight years, so if this turns out to be true I will be very excited to play it on the big screen. I wonder if they'll include the online modes?
                      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

BUUHUU! FUCKING CAPCOM! THEY JUST NEVER LISTEN TO THEIR FANS ANYMORE! NEVER DO WHAT PEOPLE WANT! ALL ABOUT ROBBING THE FANS OF THEIR MONEY! FUCK YOU, CAPCOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          BUUHUU! FUCKING CAPCOM! THEY JUST NEVER LISTEN TO THEIR FANS ANYMORE! NEVER DO WHAT PEOPLE WANT! ALL ABOUT ROBBING THE FANS OF THEIR MONEY! FUCK YOU, CAPCOM!
                          I came to the conclusion long ago that everything Capcom does is seem by gamers, specially Resident Evil fans, as an evil act of robbing people of their money.

Comment

^ For most of their franchises it is the case.

Resident Evil, however, is different. It usually walks the line between "Capcom cares" with all the stuff like this, or the free DLC and updates on RE6, etc. and "Capcom wants your money muahahaha" like ORC as a total cash grab and gutting half the game as DLC, different sets for each console of RE6 (Archives/Anthology) though for this I understand why they had to do it, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                              thus, why i stopped being a fan. no offense, but i find fans to be worthless because no matter what it comes, there is something to complain about. which is why i don't care what devs do anymore. seems like they tend to a better job at evolving a franchise for better or worse, than what the fans expect. fans just....halt evolution and progression in a series in my opinion.
                              Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X