Resident Evil 6 - DLC Modes Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 6 - DLC Modes Announced

The new DLC is composed of three new multiplayer modes -Predator, Onslaught, and Survivors - available individually for 320 MS Points or as a bundle for 720 MS Points. All will be made available on December 18. No word on PlayStation 3 availability.

Onslaught - Onslaught sees two players go head-to-head in an attempt to clear waves of oncoming enemies. Chaining combos provides the key to success in Onslaught as this will send enemies over to the opponent’s screen, the more that are sent over, the quicker the victory will be.

Predator - Available for two to six players, in Predator one player takes on the role of the Ustanak, the fearsome B.O.W. that stalks Jake Muller throughout his campaign, and tries to eliminate the human players. The humans’ task: stop the deadly B.O.W. in its tracks, or at least survive until the end of the session.

Survivors - Survivors takes the classic solo and team-based versus mode and adds a twist. Get killed and respawn as an enemy character with the ability to attack the human characters. Take down one human character to resurrect in human form. Last man or team standing wins. Survivors can be played by two to six players.

Finally, a free title update will also be released on December 17 for both PS3 and XBOX360 with the following features:

-A new option allowing players to adust the in-game camera to get a greater field of view
    -A new option allowing you to combine English language audio with subtitles in other languages
    -An optional, player-controlled co-op partner for the Ada campaign
    -The extremely challenging No Hope Left difficulty mode

sigpic

Forgot to mention that a new map pack was released today on both the PSN ($1.99) and XBL (160 MSP) adding 2 new stages for the Mercenaries, Requiem for War and Liquid Fire.
    sigpic

Comment

Cool, I'm still curious as to when they'll release the retro skins.
      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I assume that they will be included with the title update this 17th, I'm guessing they are gonna be RE.NET unlockables.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
          I assume that they will be included with the title update this 17th, I'm guessing they are gonna be RE.NET unlockables.
          That would be nice, I know I'm not the only one with a gazillion points saved up and nothing to spend them on.
          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

That survivor mode just looked silly. In RE5 it wasn't so bad - but with 6 players all flipping, kicking and quickshooting, it just looks stupid.
            Fun yeah, but totally unrealistic.
            "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
              There's simply just no way of pleasing RE fans.

Comment

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                That survivor mode just looked silly. In RE5 it wasn't so bad - but with 6 players all flipping, kicking and quickshooting, it just looks stupid.
                Never mind the fact that Chris, Leon and Sherry are trying to kill each other for points.

Geez, it's just a mini-game for fun, don't look so hard into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                  There's simply just no way of pleasing RE fans.
                  Yes there is, make an epic horror game with no quicktime events,vehicular sequences, and a more open world that you can explore and has a good story all can enjoy.:3
                  Last edited by Wrathborne; 12-09-2012, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                    Yes there is, make an epic horror game with no quicktime events,vehicular sequences, and a more open world that you can explore and has a good story all can enjoy.:3
                    Then people will say there's not enough action, it's trying to hard to be scary, OMFG NO JILL!?!?, insert more random insane bullshit here.

Comment

People were saying that about this game too.

Comment

New patch is now out on both xbox and ps3.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X