Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 6 for PC releases March 22

Press release:

It's now been confirmed that the PC version of Resident Evil 6 will be available as a digital download in North America from Friday March 22, 2013, with European PC gamers able to purchase both the digital version and a disc based version from the same date.

Both the digital and retail versions of Resident Evil 6 PC will contain all the content found in the original console release plus receive any additions contained in any free title updates such as Ada Wong's campaign being accessible from the outset and the challenging No Hope difficulty mode.

Furthermore the digital version will take full advantage of Steam functionality by supporting the following features:
    · Cloud saving
    · Steam Achievements
    · Friends support
    · Game overlay
    · Leader boards

Spec-wise, this is what you'll need:

Minimum specs
    · Processor: Intel CoreTM2 Duo 2.4 Ghz or better, AMD AthlonTM X2 2.8 Ghz or better
    · Memory: 2 GB RAM
    · Hard Disk Space: 16 GB free hard drive space
    · Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS or better
    · DirectX: 9.0c or greater
    · Sound: Standard audio device

Recommended specs
    · Processor: Intel CoreTM 2 Quad 2.7 Ghz or better, AMD PhenomTM II X4 3 Ghz or better
    · Memory: 4 GB RAM
    · Hard Disk Space: 16 GB free hard drive space
    · Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or better
    · DirectX: 9.0c or greater
    · Sound: Standard audio device

Capcom recommends PCs equipped with NVIDA GeForce graphics processors to deliver the best experience when playing Resident Evil 6 PC. Stand by for the first in-game assets from the PC version coming early next year.
    sigpic

Let's see how Capcom will screw over PC users this time!

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
      Let's see how Capcom will screw over PC users this time!
      they made a good job using steam(lol, its the minimum, since gfwl is sh*t).

but if u read the specs, its dx9, same specs as ORC. its just a console port. an ugly port using only 2 cores if u have a 4,6,8 cores cpu.

Comment

How will they screw over PC players?

Same as RE5, no DLC. No Lost in Nightmares, no Desperate Escape, no Mercs Reunion. D:

I would say no Versus, but that is there provided you get a mod that unlocks it.
        Last edited by Canas Renvall; 12-18-2012, 05:57 PM.

Comment

In RE6 case not releasing the DLC is a blessing.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Finally a release date! It's following RE5's pattern of release six months after the console release. I was hoping for DX11 support but it looks like that isn't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
              they made a good job using steam(lol, its the minimum, since gfwl is sh*t).

but if u read the specs, its dx9, same specs as ORC. its just a console port. an ugly port using only 2 cores if u have a 4,6,8 cores cpu.
              probably because they know, that anything with more than 4 cores will be useless for gaming.
              Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

And yet why not use 4 core support then? They could definitely utilize it and make the game nicer. It's like Skyrim being held back by the two cores instead of allowing support for quad-core.

Comment

Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
                  probably because they know, that anything with more than 4 cores will be useless for gaming.
                  well, i cant state straight what exactly are the features. but definitely dx11 is far ahead on dx9 in terms of visual. no one can say otherwise. and thats a shame on them, RE6 has a nice lightening, with new shadows and ambient occlusion, the game would look awesome.

Comment

Anyone else thrilled that Capcom dumped GFWL in favour of Steam? Finally.

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
                      Anyone else thrilled that Capcom dumped GFWL in favour of Steam? Finally.
                      After that, i believe in love, god, peace, miracles, 1.5...

i was tired of send an email everytime when i want to say "shoot the truck" or "shoot the motorcycles" when playing RE5. if you dont know, steam overlay will allow us to take steam screenshots and use the web browser in game(but RE5 on steam allow that)

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                        After that, i believe in love, god, peace, miracles, 1.5...

i was tired of send an email everytime when i want to say "shoot the truck" or "shoot the motorcycles" when playing RE5. if you dont know, steam overlay will allow us to take steam screenshots and use the web browser in game(but RE5 on steam allow that)
                        But that would imply running both GFWL and Steam clients right? Which IMO would clutter the experience. Glad to see Capcom favouring Steam.
                        That also means it might get discounted next year on the holiday sale LOL.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                          But that would imply running both GFWL and Steam clients right? Which IMO would clutter the experience. Glad to see Capcom favouring Steam.
                          That also means it might get discounted next year on the holiday sale LOL.
                          i dont think so. no gfwl running. in RE5, both are running. yes, RE6 is a discount only game. but looking at ORC, its price never fall man!!!
                          Last edited by yurieu; 12-23-2012, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Never really had issues with GFWL (But I know countless people who have - all of whom like to consider themselves fuckin' wizards on the computer front ... which makes it odd that their sorcery for some reason can't get GFWL to behave ... or more like ... how did their wizardry manage to break GFWL?)

Oddly enough, I cannot say the same for Steam in terms of "pleasent" experiences :/

(Major resource hog, random CPU tugging, slow responding, glorified IE browser for shit, randomly does various shit w/out asking for permission, piss-poor default settings for screengrabs, poor user configurations for location preferences, crowd sourced community translation efforts of both the UI and first party titles, etc. ie shoe-horned features all over the place, etc. - But, hey, all hail "Gary" and nothing Valve ever does can be bad or wrong <3)

Comment

never had any issues with GFWL either. i just get annoyed that, its not a real client and that you cant just sign in on the desktop and launch the game without having to sign in AGAIN. T_T
                              Last edited by Branden_Lucero; 12-24-2012, 12:57 AM.
                              Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X