Cosplaying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosplaying

Cosplaying: basically dressing up like a favorite anime or video game character. So who cosplays?! I cosplay as Re3 Jill and plan on going to a con eventually. I'd like to do a female Steve, any ideas for that? Just curious; now I will be known as the fourm's fruity-cake lawl!
    sigpic

Been to one con and threw a cosplay costume together in a day for it. Was just a random-ass pirate. This year I'm gonna be cosplaying as either James from Silent Hill 2, or Junpei from 999. Met a few RE cosplayers at Manchester expo last year infact haha. Claire, Leon, Jill, Ada.

Comment

Oh wow xD PA gets the short end of the stick when it comes to this sort of thing. Not sure if my mother would take me to a different state even .__.;; curse you locations!
      sigpic

Comment

A few costumes but I rarely have an excuse to wear them, conventions not very popular in UK and even then most people do not dress up at them, at least not the few I've been to. Are some cosplay-conventions but the idea of going a convention just to cosplay holds no interest to me. Think I'm getting too old for it anyway, Halloween and fancy dress parties my limits now.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I've been to a few cosplay conventions with some friends for fun, but I've never actually done cosplay before. I remember walking into a restroom while a muscular Man-Faye was doing his make-up at the counter.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
            I've been to a few cosplay conventions with some friends for fun, but I've never actually done cosplay before. I remember walking into a restroom while a muscular Man-Faye was doing his make-up at the counter.
            I...I...my sides. That is just GLORIOUS xDD I'll cosplay in a shopping mall or something. Gonna Get my friend to come with me as Wesker and we'll chill in the hair gel aisle.
            Last edited by A_Jill_Sandwich; 01-09-2013, 02:10 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
              A few costumes but I rarely have an excuse to wear them, conventions not very popular in UK and even then most people do not dress up at them, at least not the few I've been to. Are some cosplay-conventions but the idea of going a convention just to cosplay holds no interest to me. Think I'm getting too old for it anyway, Halloween and fancy dress parties my limits now.
              Wait, I thought you guys didn't celebrate Halloween over there in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                Wait, I thought you guys didn't celebrate Halloween over there in the UK?
                Are you joking?

Have you not been to MCM Expo in Manchester, London or Telford? You cannot see a soul that's not in costume, and it's not just for cosplaying either, with loads of stalls full of interesting anime, manga, game and Japanese shit, it's hilarious and amazing with friends. As well as events on the day like meeting voice actors and actors from popular British shows (Believe Doctor Who cast was at one, theres been some famous heads at these conventions), theres endless reasons to go if you're a nerd.

Also, found this on my Facebook:
                Spoiler:

I'm far right. /failpirate.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                  Are you joking?
                  Abso-bloody-lutly not. I was under the impression that it was primarily a US thing. Not that its not known beyond the states, but that its something people outside the US just shrugged at.

Comment

It's not something that happens as much. It's colder over here for a start. But it does happen. If nothing else, it's a chance to get money and sweets.

And yes, having been to the MGM Expo (back when it was the London Expo) and being former security for J-Con/Chibi-Con in the Midlands, I have seen quite a lot of costumes over here. Oh yes. Even wore one, once...I was the Merchant.

Comment

Halloween is getting bigger here too. It's in the spring so it's still quite sunny at 7-8pm; and rather warm. When I was a kid it wasn't that big, but in recent years I enjoy going to halloween parties. I don't know if it's because it's getting more popular or because I'm and adult and getting invited to adult parties.

I don't cosplay; but I do dress up as Gumby at music festivals. Fun times.

sigpic

Comment

Have you not been to MCM Expo in Manchester, London or Telford?
                        I was interested in going to the last MCM in London, someone actually said to me pretty much what you did but it was last minute and no time to sort it/check it out online. Last cosplay thing I went to was Eurogamer Expo in London, out of what was likely a few thousand people I saw maybe 30 other cosplayers, not counting the official ones. Only 5-6 were decent, was one really fat guy who looking like he hadn't washed for a few months, apparently was meant to be a zombie. Well he smelled like one.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I'm hoping to make this years London Expo, I'll be going as the RE2 Prototype Leon with the short hair. I've wanted to go for around 12 years so it will be a dream come true for me.
                          sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

Here in California we have several events were you can dress up and stuff.

I don't do it, though. The cosplay thing. I just take pics and hang out w/them (most cosplayers are really nice people).

But I may do it someday. I've always wanted to wear a Godzilla costume.
                            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                            sigpic

Comment

Also, found this on my Facebook:
                              Spoiler:

I'm far right. /failpirate.
                              Dat Claire. I can't believe this thread has gotten so many replies O-o Anyways, I've been thinking into my femi Steve cosplay: yellow tanktop (my friend asked why not a tube top...let's just say I had an incident that made me never want to wear one again.), the jacket, camo shorts, army boots. And all the other Steve's outfit goodness. I don't know about 100% crossplaying because parents. If I /really/ wanted to, I'd probably be able to. The sad thing with my Jill is I have like 0 GOOD images do to it freezing, and I wanted to go home. Plus, I had to tag along with a impatient five y/o who didn't want to do photo stuff and just wanted candy. LOL
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X