Resident Evil Revelations Unveiled Edition Achievements Leaked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
    I might double dip if it's a retail release...
    I don't think we are that lucky =/

Still hoping!

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
      Spoiler:

Even if they don't go the extra mile, the game's graphics are fine. With no 3D effect to mess with the anti aliasing.

But the real star of the show is the gameplay. Which is far better than what we experienced on consoles last year.

I hope new consle gamers will appreciate this type of Resident Evil. Less actiony.
      I agree with gameplay being a big part of Revelations, but atmosphere is the other half. Revelations nailed the creepy vibe that newer Resident Evil's needed. Playing this game with headphones was awesome. I really hope it gets at least 5.1 sound, that would be a blast.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

This is completely a guess but...

Rachael scenario? I always found it extremely strange that trailer featuring Rachael was never in the actual game in any form.

Comment

Spoiler:

Even if they don't go the extra mile, the game's graphics are fine. With no 3D effect to mess with the anti aliasing.

But the real star of the show is the gameplay. Which is far better than what we experienced on consoles last year.

I hope new consle gamers will appreciate this type of Resident Evil. Less actiony.

I hear yea buddy. If Revelations is a success with critics and gamers alike on consoles (the big market) it could be the final nail on the actiony focus for the series.

Resident Evil 5 angered a lot of gamers, But Resident Evil 6 angered not only gamers but also critics, Capcom surely must be hearing the backlash now.

If Revelations gets a echoing "This is how you do it Capcom, we want more of this" from the major consoles then things may start going better for the series in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
            Resident Evil 5 angered a lot of gamers, But Resident Evil 6 angered not only gamers but also critics, Capcom surely must be hearing the backlash now.
            They're still making lots and lots of sales of RE6, they dont really care what we say or the critics say that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
              They're still making lots and lots of sales of RE6, they dont really care what we say or the critics say that much.
              Well not exactly. Sales started strong but weakened soon after the launch period. Capcom itself has admitted that the game won't meet sales expectations. Read more here: Capcom Crisis: Resident Evil 6 sales failure embodies publisher woes

So they will probably rethink making another bloated game made by such a huge team of people (most requesting a fat paycheck). Something will change.

I think releasing Revelations on consoles could be a way of testing the waters there. To see if maybe that's what works there or not. With the recent poll they made, it seems Capcom doesn't have a clue anymore. And they're looking for help from whatever source they can get it from.
              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
              sigpic

Comment

Ah, I knew they weren't going to make the 7 million figure they wanted, but the fact that sales seemed to stop before they hit 5 million copies does restore some of my faith in the newer fanbase realizing what the older fanbase realized years ago.

They need to tone down the over the top Michael Bay sequences, giant ass BOWs(Orogoman/El Gigante types), button mashing cut scenes, and stick to smaller stories that have have a more open world to explore, no vehicular sequences, and maybe play with the idea of a survival horror game that has some of the action elements people enjoy, but doesn't over do it.

I hate to repeat this, because I know lots of folks want the current story arc to end, but its time for a clean slate. I don't just mean a reboot of the series, I mean also get rid of the crap producers and writers of the last few main games and get some people on the staff who can take what made the game great and maybe build on them instead of being inspired by other adventures games.

Its not impossible that they could make a really grand Resident Evil game with the current story arc and stuff...But I haven't seem them do anything really impressive storywise or character wise with the last few sequels and there doesnt seem to be a direction the newer story arc is going.
                Last edited by Wrathborne; 01-12-2013, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Who knows what will Capcom do. But a reboot? Some think that would be a mistake.

Like this guy here (some background info on him: he hates the DmC reboot):

sigpic

Comment

He's a lot more polite about this than he should be I think...Dont get me started on the inventory system.

Comment

I think releasing Revelations on consoles could be a way of testing the waters there. To see if maybe that's what works there or not. With the recent poll they made, it seems Capcom doesn't have a clue anymore. And they're looking for help from whatever source they can get it from.
                      That poll was entirely about digital content. It isn't going to affect mainline RE or any other such releases because they never going to make a digital only mainline RE game, at least until the days digital takes over completely.
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

The point was that the poll/survey thingy was just another hint about how uneasy they are. Trying to figure out how they should move forward. Especially on the digital side of things.

They could be doing the same with Revelations. But here trying to find out what console gamers expect from their RE fix.

If Rev fails, then I guess that could be the end of that. No sequels. But if it works, then maybe more like it will come our way.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
                          This is completely a guess but...

Rachael scenario? I always found it extremely strange that trailer featuring Rachael was never in the actual game in any form.
                          I highly doubt it. The trailer wasn't in the game because it was quickly put together and makes no sense when applied to the actual game.
                          Rachael apparently teleports all over the ship while running away and her character model was obviously never created with a scenario in mind.
                          Granted that they could do it I honestly don't think they will.
                          If anything is added I'm guessing it'll be extra features (optional co-op in campaign, more characters in Raid, more costumes, etc.), new scenarios with Jessica/Raymond or new weapons/mods.
                          I'm also assuming that Hell Mode is getting some change otherwise I don't see why they'd rename it. Maybe this time they'll make it interesting like it was in the demo.
                          Inb4 "buy Revelations to get early access to new RE6 DLC".

Comment

Who knows what will Capcom do. But a reboot? Some think that would be a mistake.

Like this guy here (some background info on him: he hates the DmC reboot):

I can agree with a lot of that, even though I had a lot of fun with it still.

Huge props to that guy for using music from No More Heroes and Earthworm Jim 2 though. *cough* Criminally underrated games.

Comment

So happy hope its out soon one of the best resident evils to me

It's nice to know more people will get to play revelations such a good game might be a Turing point for capcom

Comment

Turning point for Capcom has been the sales really :/

Comment

Working...
                                X