Resident Evil 2 and 3 mistakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 2 and 3 mistakes

Most of the mistakes can be wisped away thanks to Outbreak and several files in RE2 and 3.
    The boarded up doors in the RPD have been broken by the several attacks. So it goes
    Outbreak - RE3 - RE2.

Marvin is fine in Outbreak then hurt, passed out in RE3 and dies in RE2.

The only thing that bothered me was the position of the Oil Truck from RE2. It doesn't add up correctly according to both game maps.
    I compiled a combined one here and as you can see by screenshots, its at least a block to the right!
    Near the trolley in RE3, you can just about see the AKURA lettering (start of RE2 Scenario A)
    But that should be right near the RPD (Look at RE2 S. B) Not several streets behind.. Weird.

Also the fact Nemesis broke the RPD window, but its fine in RE2 a day later LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	RE2 and 3 mistakes.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	403.9 KB
ID:	406168
    "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

1) That's not the same truck.

2) That's not the same car.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Yep just reused assets between games.

I'd be more upset about the City Hall being in the middle of the Sewage Treatment Plant myself >_>

Comment

I know they aren't the same car - but its the same pile of cars (the gap in-between is the same length as the park area)
        and it IS the same truck - HAS to be as you can clearly see AKURA near it - the building from RE2 .. but it's in the wrong place.

I thing TBH Capcom messed up on the areas.
        The same thing happened with Silent Hill 1 - Bachman Road leading to the park not matching with newer games and the river and so on..
        I was playing RE3 today and thought where the sewer plant would have been LOL - middle of City Hall? haha - Oh Capcom..

Comment

I've never been clear on a few aspects of RE2, like why there's a chemical plant right behind the RPD, in the middle of the city. Or how about that seemingly natural cave that Iron's dungeon connects to...what the hell is up with that even existing? The cable car tunnel between the sewers and the marshaling yard seems man made, but that one seems natural.

The Alpha team waiting close to an entire day before they go out to search for Bravo team, especially considering there'd been absolutely no contact, never sat well with me either. I know people say the "canon" reason was Irons and Wesker's influence, but it's still utterly stupid in my opinion. Same for the fact that Enrico made it all the way from the middle of the Arklay Mountains, all the way back to the outskirt of the city and down into the labs, and somehow back out to the mountains and into the mansion. I mean, he wasn't even on the train, so how'd he even get down into the labs without using the cable car from the training facility? And even then, he wasn't on the train, so how'd he get from where Bravo's helicopter landed to (seemingly miles away) the training facility?

Video Games.

Comment

It's not even a pile. There are just several damaged cars spread across the street to act as a makeshift barricade. It's not the same truck. I can't make out anything regarding ARUKAS from that image you posted, and even if it was there, it is just a reused background asset (something they do quite liberally).

The sewage treatment plant is closer to the Substation, from what I can recall.
            Last edited by News Bot; 01-19-2013, 05:54 PM.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              It's not even a pile. There are just several damaged cars spread across the street to act as a makeshift barricade. It's not the same truck. I can't make out anything regarding ARUKAS from that image you posted, and even if it was there, it is just a reused background asset (something they do quite liberally).

The sewage treatment plant is closer to the Substation, from what I can recall.
              I can assure you - if you google 'resident evil 3 trolley' you can see it there.

Even if it was just an easter egg for fans - like other things in the games.
              I think I took it all to literally hehe

Comment

Just different trucks with the same textures, if looks the same, it`s probably because the bg artists did a copy-paste.

(I wonder why the street from which the truck arrives in RE2 appears so narrow in the map)

Click image for larger version

Name:	mapRaccoonStreetsB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	402333

About the sewage treatment plant / Vacant factory, I think there is a certain mistake in the Raccoon map: See, acording to RE3, the P-12A Plant is connected to Birkin`s lab, and acording to RE Outbreak the hospital is connected to Birkin`s lab too. Both the hospital and P12-A are near the ouskirts of Raccoon City, so the Lab and the sewage treatment plant could not be too far from those.
                I think the sewers that connect RPD with treatment plant must have been much larger, maybe because technical reasons they were cutted to what we see in RE2, or maybe just because RE2 has many geographic inconcistences.
                Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 01-19-2013, 07:20 PM.
                The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Bitch, please. Ever since when did CAPCOM cared about mistakes?
                  RE3 = Nemesis Brakes window, September 28th
                  RE2 = Window intact, September 29th
                  Outbreak = Huge mess on the 2nd floor, some doors don't exist on the 1st floor and the entire roof is burning. And this happens before both of them...
                  Last edited by Guest; 01-20-2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

The broken window is just a minor detail, simply they didn`t have a BG version with the broken window in mind before doing RE3.
                    In the Outbreak case, yes, definately a huge, stupidy and unnecesary mistake. Why they didn`t just put a pile of boxes to block our way to the streets?, there was no need at all of burning the entire roof for nothing....
                    The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

This made me LOL !

Comment

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                        Outbreak = Huge mess on the 2nd floor, some doors don't exist on the 1st floor and the entire roof is burning.
                        Which doors are missing on the 1st floor? I was aware of the missing 3rd floor balcony in the main hall, but not of any missing doors...
                        Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

And what about Outbreak and it completely missing the third floor? :L

EDIT: Ninja'd.
                          Last edited by Gradon; 01-23-2013, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                            Which doors are missing on the 1st floor? I was aware of the missing 3rd floor balcony in the main hall, but not of any missing doors...
                            The green door at the end of the east corridor. Maybe there's another one, I don't remember, but it was definitely missing.

Comment

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                              The green door at the end of the east corridor. Maybe there's another one, I don't remember, but it was definitely missing.
                              You mean the one that leads into the press room? I always thought the camera just wouldn't let you view that angle.
                              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Working...
                              X