metal gear solid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metal gear solid

i'm a big metal gear fan anybody else play? my fave character is sniper wolf she was awesome lol

*puts hand up*

One of my three top fav games. The others being Res Evil and Silent Hill.

Comment

ooh same here! i used to go to your forums, you own re fan right?

Comment

Yup, one of the two people who run it.

Comment

awesome i used to go out with the mod, leon... anyway which metal gear is your fave? personally i liked 1 and 3. 1 because sniper wolf's in it and 3 because the whole story with boss was cool

Comment

Four is looking excellent. That new trailer has me more excited than ever. Finally Vamp is confirmed

Comment

and he's confirmed to die! i hope

Comment

MGS1 was great, I haven't completed the others though. I'll return for MGS4 But I don't think I'm going to understand the crazy storyline without completing MGS2 and 3. Also Kojima said it was the final one, I assume he means the final one by him, because Konami are going to milk that brand until its dry as soon as he leaves.

Comment

Yeah, I love Metal Gear. Got 1, 2, and 3. Great game right up there with Resident Evil. Like Silent Hill as well, I haven't played 4 yet.

Comment

how do you guys feel about old snake.. think he's gonna die? do you want him dead and what about raiden replacing him... i know a lot of guys hate him

Comment

I like Raiden, even more after I saw that clip of him ninja-ing the hell out of those cow-sounding-bi-pedal-robot-things (mootle gears, lol)...

I like ninjas. What can I say? One of the many reasons why I got Twin Snake, for the extra ninja footage <3
                      Last edited by Project Omega; 07-14-2007, 05:13 AM.

Comment

I was a bit skeptical about Old Snake, but in this latest trailer he still looks very cool. Not sure how to feel about Raiden now, I mean sure hes a badass but you know that only his head and spinal cord remain from his original body? The rest of him is a cyborg body with no internal organs (which is why he can stab through himself and not die).

Im really interested to see how he comes to that point, especially how at the end of MGS2 he said he wanted to live for Rose and the baby. They had to have died for him to be in such a state. Never had a problem with him in MGS2, I liked how Kojima handled it. It let you see Snake from another point of view.
                        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-14-2007, 03:25 PM.

Comment

im guessing rose probably had a accident arranged by the patriots .. if you know what i mean ..

and the vamp raiden fight was pretty cool, slightly on the fruity side, but pretty cool none the less, best bit was vamp dislocating his neck to dodge the sword .. that was gross ..

Comment

It's still scary how "old Snake" looks like my father.

Anyway, I'd say MGS and Twin Snakes together form the top of the hill of the Solid series. MGS2 was okay, the opening part still stands as one of the best opening segments of a game, ever, and up 'til the game was released it was insane to see that nothing about the stuff after the Tanker had been properly revealed.

I didn't really like MGS3, the trailers made me actually think they were onto making something dramatically excellent, but then it all just got drowned in a silly storyline that felt like some episodic cartoon for 10 year olds, full of odd stupid dialog and a bunch of poorly executed gameplay elements (medic and camo system, to name the most obvious ones).

Now, before anyone gets around to say Twin Snakes followed by an insert of something like "wtf gameplay", "wtf cutscenes" or "wtf rocket matrix jump", let me just point at MGS3's King of Bees and tell you that I performed 50 bullet wound surgeries in the blink of an eye during that fight, followed by getting my arms broken and stuff by Lizard Man which didn't matter, 'cause even before he could finish breaking it, I'd cured the injury. And in all of this, some person (The Boss) used the VERY SAME MOVE on me 3 times, disabling my gun in a magical way that isn't even physically possible while I would every now and then hide my lack of talent and pull off the most amazing gunslinger skills in order to impress some kid who'd later turn into the most messed up story element, ever (which they at least managed to explain how/why happens).

Now, since I'm writing a wall of text about Metal Gear, I could just as well add in that I think the "unofficial/Non-canonical" Snake's Revenge is an excellent game and it features one of the old awesome elements from games, where the opening/intro tune is the very same track you hear when you fight the final boss (which was also excellent in that game, if I may add so)

[edit]
                            [SIZE="1"]Note how I'm kinda straying away from MGS4! I don't feel like pissing on the campfire :p
                            (Yeah, I don't like Raiden. Yeah, I don't think they need a ninja in every game. Yeah, I don't like overdone stupid fighting scenes that're just about looking cool and not actual fighting. Yeah, I don't like cow robots. Yeah, I also don't like poorly designed hair on characters... and yeah... you guessed it, I also don't like poor map/location modelling with character modelling that is more than just one step above in quality)[/SIZE]
                            Last edited by Carnivol; 07-14-2007, 05:22 PM.

Comment

let me just point at MGS3's King of Bees
                              I literally laughed out loud
                              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-15-2007, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X