No announcement yet.

RE Revelations Confirmed for Xbox 360, PS3, PC and Wii U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find this rather ironic that they decided to include Hunk in this game. If you remember the very first teaser of Revelations you'll know what I'm talking about ;)
    Last edited by Grem; 01-22-2013, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
      Oh wow. As a Resident Evil fan and lover of Revelations I think I've just had a heart attack.
      Agreed. I'm super stoked about this! Hooray!

Comment

Originally posted by Grem View Post
        I find this rather ironic that they decided to include Hunk in this game. If you remember the very first teaser of Revelations you'll know what I'm talking about ;)
        Maybe we'll even get to play as this 'guy' here:

Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm very excited to finally get to play this. Has there been any mention of a disc release for it?

What do you guys do when you have filled up the hard drive on your PS3?

Comment

Originally posted by veronesis View Post
            I'm very excited to finally get to play this. Has there been any mention of a disc release for it?
            Yes, the game will be released at retail too.
            sigpic

Comment

Hhmm...no connectivity for the WiiU version?

Comment

Loved RE:R on the 3DS and it's great news it's coming to a wider audience and the new raid mode features sound fun hopefully they'll add some extra stages to it as well.
                Last edited by Headhunter99; 01-22-2013, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BBboy20 View Post
                  Hhmm...no connectivity for the WiiU version?
                  You mean to be able to play Raid Mode with 3DS users? Not unless they patch the 3DS version to be able to use the new weapons, characters, skills and enemies included in the HD version.

BTW, tomorrow there will be a new Nintendo Direct that will last 30 minutes. Its very likely that they will include Revelations in it. They'll probably show the same trailer we already saw. But hopefully they will show new footage and how you'll play it on the Wii U's GamePad.

The Nintendo Direct broadcast will take place at 2 PM GMT tomorrow. That's in Europe. But NOA is having their own broadcast at 6 AM PT / 9 AM ET. You can see that one here: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct

In related news... the Official Nintendo Magazine is going to publish an in-depth interview with producer Tsukasa Takenaka. Their next issue comes out next month.

EDIT: Heads- up - New Article!

ONM published an article about the making of Resident Evil Revelations and it includes an interview with the director of the game. Plus it includes some nifty concept art.

Excerpt:

"We never had the attitude that it was 'just a handheld game' compared to the console entries in the series," explains the game's director, Koshi Nakanishi, "so we didn't hold back in terms of volume and depth of content."

Source: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/45969/features/the-making-of-resident-evil-revelations/
                  Last edited by Pikminister; 01-22-2013, 05:31 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Awesome! Thanks man. Its just not the same without a hard copy.
                    Last edited by veronesis; 01-22-2013, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Mmm... Retail PS3 or Retail PC... It's gonna be a hard choice.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                        Mmm... Retail PS3 or Retail PC... It's gonna be a hard choice.
                        WiiU because the other version is on a Nintendo product (and that I don't have a WiiU), Xbox because of the social apsect, PC just so I can play with characters and guns that Capcom may or may not add or get it on PS3 for tradition sake.

Comment

Wow, this is amazing. I have the 3DS version and love the shit out of it, but now I'm really torn on what version to get. Mostly likely it'll end up being Wii U (for the extra functionality) and/or PC (for the best specs and the mods)...

Edit: I wonder how they'll pull off the Streetpass functionality though (i.e. Missions and such)... maybe just exchanging missions with people you play with online only (since that's the other way to do it on the 3DS)?
                          Last edited by Canas Renvall; 01-22-2013, 09:02 PM.

Comment

I assume human Rachel will be playable too in Raid mode, there are vids of her playable despite not being possible in the 3DS released game. Given how long ago this port got rated I wonder if Capcom always planned to port and held some stuff back.
                            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                              I assume human Rachel will be playable too in Raid mode, there are vids of her playable despite not being possible in the 3DS released game. Given how long ago this port got rated I wonder if Capcom always planned to port and held some stuff back.
                              Oh they did held some stuff back from the game.

Nakanishi: "We had a ton of great ideas and some, like the Genesis scanner, were used in the game, but quite a lot of them went unused," he tells us.

"One such idea was a special weapon designed to be used underwater. This weapon would have been received from Chris at the end of Episode 8, but unfortunately the storyline changed during development and we had to cut it.

"Speaking of the storyline, we also made changes to the final scene of the game. In Episode 1, if you look out at the ocean you can see some land in the distance. This was originally going to be the setting of the finale."

Jill would have found something from her past there, but now you have the ending we see in the finished game, which I won't spoil here, in case anyone reading this has yet to play the game."
                              But if Rachel ends up not being playable in the HD ports, I guess we get a clue as to why that could be the case, again from the same interview:

"Some of the characters in Revelations were rather different in personality than the kind we would usually include in the main numbered series. It was fun to create them, but in the end fan opinion on those characters was rather divided.
                              In other words, the devs heard the bitching about Rachel's hair and stuff.
                              Last edited by Pikminister; 01-22-2013, 09:51 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

No Rachel but playable Morgan and Norman? Quint and Keith? Also wonder about what other series characters will be included, first game with Chris, Claire, Jill, Leon all playable?

I wonder most about this: "Jill would have found something from her past there"

Was the game originally going to be more relevent to the series? Lets face it, Revelations is one huge filler story.
                                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                                X