RE Revelations Confirmed for Xbox 360, PS3, PC and Wii U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
    I wonder most about this: "Jill would have found something from her past there"

Was the game originally going to be more relevent to the series? Lets face it, Revelations is one huge filler story.
    Oh, you noticed that too? The part about the alternate ending with Jill... not the filler part - After all, the origins of the BSAA are relevant. Right?

Anyway.... when exactly did we see Jill roaming around in those parts of the world (the Mediterranean Sea)? Before the Il Veltro conspiracy, that is.

Maybe the director was talking about the recent past.
    Last edited by Pikminister; 01-22-2013, 11:53 PM.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

I always got the feeling that some of Revelations story was shifted to RE6, or overlapped with it in ideas, the first trailer implied Chris either got someone killed or was going to die himself, also suggested possible clones or copies. Given RE6 with Chris' story and Carla, plus with Simmons and Lansdale filling same role pretty much I can see why they would change it. Jill and her genes being used for a virus replacing Jake and his, discovering a lab she went to? Who knows.

RE5 explained the BSAA enough, the entire FBC being built up and then washed away all in one game comes off as filler to me. Unles the T-Abyss makes a return along with Jessica then Revelations story ultimately isn't important.

That is how I gauge how important a story within a series is anyway, remove it and see how does the rest of the series change? In Revelations case not at all, a problem many prequels face.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I always got the feeling that some of Revelations story was shifted to RE6, or overlapped with it in ideas, the first trailer implied Chris either got someone killed or was going to die himself, also suggested possible clones or copies. Given RE6 with Chris' story and Carla, plus with Simmons and Lansdale filling same role pretty much I can see why they would change it. Jill and her genes being used for a virus replacing Jake and his, discovering a lab she went to? Who knows.

RE5 explained the BSAA enough, the entire FBC being built up and then washed away all in one game comes off as filler to me. Unles the T-Abyss makes a return along with Jessica then Revelations story ultimately isn't important.

That is how I gauge how important a story within a series is anyway, remove it and see how does the rest of the series change? In Revelations case not at all, a problem many prequels face.
        Well see... the story and plot element in RE games is overrated.

Revelations could've been about Jill trying to storm the International House of Pancakes (a.k.a. IHOP) and as long as it played like it did, I wouldn't given a damn about how bad the story was in it.

Like RE3 is the RE game that I've invested the most play hours on. And yet I couldn't tell you exactly what the fuck happened in that game in terms of plot or story. What Nicholai was up to and what the hell was Carlos so busy doing, all that was irrelevant to me. The gameplay was good and that was enough for me.

The reason that I don't care for that, is that the plot-lines are ridikulas to the max. Especially in RE6.

Of all the RE games out there, I really appreciate RE4's unoriginal plotline. Basically its: Save the bitch. Beat evil bad guys. Go home with bitch. Avoid doing overtime with bitch or else lose cushy job. Etc. A simple story, right?

BTW i like Heavy Rain....
        sigpic

Comment

Are you making a joke?

Comment

Are you making a joke?
            I only gave you my honest opinion on all that canon pile of pants.

And making a joke out of it would've been rather somewhat easy (for a talented comedian, not me). This when you have such laughable plot-lines bogging down the gameplay in the games. To the point RE has become a scripted mess. Full of intrusive over-dramatic cutscenes and QTE's.

But I apologize if you really wanted to talk RE canon with me. But I think you should wait for News B...better not.

However, from my limited interest in the story of Revelations (especially 6's), I don't know what the director of the game meant to say when he said that Jill was going to find something from her past.

But I do wonder... if there is any evidence that Miss Sandwich was seen in them parts of the world. Before the Terragrigia deal went down. If there is none... then the director was talking about Jill's recent past. Like when she was doing some training on that beach with fat-boy Parker.
            sigpic

Comment

My interest has increased some...but we'll wait and see how things go.
              Last edited by Wrathborne; 01-23-2013, 01:29 AM.

Comment

From PSblog

What’s new to the package? On top of the core campaign and co-op RAID mode experience we’re adding new character costumes and new playable characters and features to RAID mode, providing an even higher difficulty mode called “Infernal Mode” for RE ninjas, adding a new enemy to the mix and randomized positions for all enemies, reduced load times, more save slots, more weapon customization parts, more character skills, ResidentEvil.net integration/unlockables, completely reworked visuals, and of course lest we not forget the fact that you’ll get to play all of this in high definition in the comfort of your own home on PS3.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                  I only gave you my honest opinion on all that canon pile of pants.
                  I meant the Heavy Rain part, after talking about not caring for story and liking simple plot of RE4, about caring for gameplay you randomly state you like Heavy Rain which is all about the story and the gameplay pretty naff.

Comment

I played RER on 3DS and I think it´s a great new that now it´s going to be multi-platform.
                    I won´t say RE Revelations is a perfect RE game, but at least is much closer to what the saga was before, to its identity, the closer we get since around ten years ago.
                    RER received far better critics and reviews than RE6, and not to mention the shitty ORC, so this is probably a chance for Capcom to evaluate the future of the saga.
                    But everything is on money, I expect RER to gets great big sales, because this would tell Capcom that this direction could work better than an action Hollywood class B movie Shooter style.
                    Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 01-23-2013, 09:52 AM.
                    The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

It's really a shame that VITA was not considered, such a gorgeous screen to play a RE game.

Comment

I meant the Heavy Rain part, after talking about not caring for story and liking simple plot of RE4, about caring for gameplay you randomly state you like Heavy Rain which is all about the story and the gameplay pretty naff.
                        Oh Yeah I was joking with that one LOL... see, RE6 reminded me so much of that game at times. That and beat'em-ups.

And if RE ever becomes like Heavy Rain... well, I will probably retire from videogames and take up curling or pinochle full time.... Not really, I'm a fan of other series. But that would make me stay away from the RE franchise for good.

Originally posted by Zombie View Post
                        It's really a shame that VITA was not considered, such a gorgeous screen to play a RE game.

Yep. The Vita would've been perfect for it.

I read the official excuse for not having it on Vita, though. And it goes a little like this:

EDIT: I found the actual quote from Mike Lunn, Product Manager at Capcom:

"when we were developing Revelations for new platforms we really wanted to hone in on the experience you get with a large format screen, surround sound, etc. This type of setup really helps players get sucked into the horror vibe and enjoy the game to its fullest extent".

He later added:

"3DS and PS-vita infrastructure let alone developing games for them are extremely different beasts. Even just the screens as you mention are completely different resolutions/functions".
                        That's their excuse.
                        Last edited by Pikminister; 01-23-2013, 12:36 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well it seems as if we should be very happy, I mean this game is coming out for nearly almost every console.

Comment

I kinda dig this new render.

It seems that the new enemy either changes shapes or evolves somehow... like it starts a bit human-looking but eventually becomes the creature we saw in those PC screenshots. It looks different in the video.

I wonder if he/she was someone from the crew or one of the terrorists.
                            Last edited by Pikminister; 01-23-2013, 01:59 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Capcom On Resident Evil Mercenaries Game For Consoles: “Let’s Talk Next Week" Raid Mode Hint

Comment

Some more details about the HD port f Revelations:

1. Character models have been redone/updated with more details. For instance, the first aid kit that Chris carries in the mountains now shows scissors, medical equipment on its model instead of a bland box.

2. New creature type that was in the trailer will cause players to make decisions about what the best way to approach the situation is. Producer Takenaka hinted at the creature being a recurring encounter type enemy (Nemesis-like).

3. The team is working on ways to implement the Streetpass functionality.

Svensson over at Capcom-Unity also had a few things to say about Resident Evil: Revelations HD’s Raid Mode. This will be “extremely expanded”.

“The other thing you should look forward to is trying out the extremely expanded raid mode (details to come in the coming months) in RE:Revelations. I find it scratches a LOT of the same itches.”

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X